>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Then Kruger should use Buford more now so Spangler can get some rest so we can have him during the stretch run of the tourney's. Give Buford more minutes, he deserves it. He played a great game tonight.

I think we may see Dante play more now. He had a great game tonight!

Ada,
The one thing down the road will be the bench and we are starting to see some guys step up and make plays, ala Buford. He got a lot of confidence tonight and hope that propels him the rest of the season. We had a lot of guys that had an "off night" tonight. You can't do that when you go into a hostile arena for sure.
I believe we will see Buford more now. Help Spangler get some more rest for sure.

That's good to see, too, Hotrod! I think most here will agree that we'll need more scoring and quality minutes from our bench to have any hope of making a deep run in March.

Manyang showed some signs tonight and that would be HUGE

That he did. His presence in the paint was a little intimidating for ISU for a time. If he can give us 10 to 12 quality minutes in every game, he could be a huge asset down the stretch.

That he did. His presence in the paint was a little intimidating for ISU for a time. If he can give us 10 to 12 quality minutes in every game, he could be a huge asset down the stretch.

I was surprised that Kruger didn't play him a little more in the second half. At least a few more minutes to see if he could disrupt more of their shots. But I do agree if he can give us minute like that it could benefit us very well He needs to have that one game I believe to really come into his own.

That was a smart play by ISU Set OU up to make a mistake It is only natural to reach for that ball

I thought the same thing. Lon needs to put that in his playbook for crunch-time. Maybe we could snooker the other team on something like that.

It's so interesting how people coddle Spangler relative to other players. Hmm, I wonder what the difference could be. When Cousins was in a shooting slump, I heard some of the worst comments ever on this board thrown his way. Spangler has a horrible night of play, and I hear things like, "he must have been injured," or "lighten up on him." SMH.

It's so interesting how people coddle Spangler relative to other players. Hmm, I wonder what the difference could be. When Cousins was in a shooting slump, I heard some of the worst comments ever on this board thrown his way. Spangler has a horrible night of play, and I hear things like, "he must have been injured," or "lighten up on him." SMH.

How did you possibly miss all of the people taking up for Isaiah over the past few games? SMH

There's always that one guy.. i think your just about to come out with it... :facepalm

Cousins has unfairly been the whipping boy for a good part of 4 seasons, for some unknown reason.

I still think Spangler's knee was bothering him. Had a bad game. He'll be back.

Cousins has unfairly been the whipping boy for a good part of 4 seasons, for some unknown reason.

I still think Spangler's knee was bothering him. Had a bad game. He'll be back.

Can someone explain how Cousins has been UNFAIRLY been a whipping boy? We've had plenty of time to evaluate each junior/senior's games. We all know their relative strengths and weaknesses. Discussing those does not equate to "whipping boy".

My opinion is, I want OU to win basketball games...a lot of them. If I suggest giving player A some of player B's playing time, I'm not being unfair when I have a pretty significant amount of information to base it off. It's just a discussion/observation

Can someone explain how Cousins has been UNFAIRLY been a whipping boy? We've had plenty of time to evaluate each junior/senior's games. We all know their relative strengths and weaknesses. Discussing those does not equate to "whipping boy".

My opinion is, I want OU to win basketball games...a lot of them. If I suggest giving player A some of player B's playing time, I'm not being unfair when I have a pretty significant amount of information to base it off. It's just a discussion/observation

Too many people on message boards don't discuss strengths and weakness or what a player did well in a game as well as what they need to improve on, they bash. Some people love to pick one player out to be the object of their ire. Using Cousins as an example, we know how hard he has worked to get back to his early season form. Knowing this, I don't feel he deserved the derision he received from certain posters on the board.

Too many people on message boards don't discuss strengths and weakness or what a player did well in a game as well as what they need to improve on, they bash. Some people love to pick one player out to be the object of their ire. Using Cousins as an example, we know how hard he has worked to get back to his early season form. Knowing this, I don't feel he deserved the derision he received from certain posters on the board.

Again, bringing up their deficiencies isn't bashing. I know plenty well how hard he's worked, but venting frustration with issues he may have had since he was a freshman, while it's probably not productive, is just discussion.

Anyone that chooses to put on the crimson and cream is a good dude IMO...some better than others. Doesn't mean we can't discuss their game. Some people need to lighten up.

Again, bringing up their deficiencies isn't bashing. I know plenty well how hard he's worked, but venting frustration with issues he may have had since he was a freshman, while it's probably not productive, is just discussion.

Anyone that chooses to put on the crimson and cream is a good dude IMO...some better than others. Doesn't mean we can't discuss their game. Some people need to lighten up.

When a poster does nothing but post negative comments about a player without ever acknowledging the good things he does, that is bashing - and we have some posters who do that. For example, we have posters who did nothing but post Cousin's negative stats during his slump but have yet to acknowledge how good he played last night - that's bashing - and we have posters who fit that description. I'm not talking about people who can see the good along with the bad in a player's game.

For example, we have posters who did nothing but post Cousin's negative stats during his slump but have yet to acknowledge how good he played last night - that's bashing - and we have posters who fit that description.

It's all right there.

When a poster does nothing but post negative comments about a player without ever acknowledging the good things he does, that is bashing - and we have some posters who do that. For example, we have posters who did nothing but post Cousin's negative stats during his slump but have yet to acknowledge how good he played last night - that's bashing - and we have posters who fit that description. I'm not talking about people who can see the good along with the bad in a player's game.

Fair enough

Back