>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Then he needs to sit, let someone else play who wants to be in there

You're half right, but need to lighten up on Spangler. Yes, he needs to sit because he's not getting it done...but I'm almost positive it's because of the knee. I'm sure he "wants to be in there". It might just be best to take a closer look at that injury and perhaps rest him until he's ready to play. We're not making a deep run in March with the Ryan Spangler we see right now.

we've lost to 2 of the top 3 (minus OU) on the road. Haven't played wv on the road but I'm counting that as a lost.

BU is the weird one...beat isu in Ames, got blown out at ku. Barely beat tcu in Dallas, was close to TT for a half. They show some great things then don't. But of those games I mentioned they went 3-1, with I believe all 4 on the road.

They will be tough. ksu at home is tough, TT might be with TCU but nothing is a given.

Agree with all of that and expect to lose a few more but we should win at Baylor, KSU and TT. Or, if we happen to stumble we need to win at WV. Doesn't mean we will but if we lose enough of them we won't be in the conference race. I expect KU to win most of those.

Fought hard in the second half and did a great job at chipping away at the lead. ISU didn't have an answer for Hield or Cousins and it made a difference. Defense was much better and they played hard which they didn't do in the first
You can tell this team hasn't peaked yet and hopefully won't til the Conf. tourney and NCAA tourney starts. If we start to click on all cylinders by then watch out we can be scary good.
Buford was huge tonight and made a difference also. We have some very young but talented guys for years to come.
Both teams played well tonight. ISU did a good job of holding off OU's runs and they got the stops to win.
I'm proud of this team and what they have done so far. I believe this team hasn't played their best games yet BOOMER!!!!!!

Upsets happen.

Every team in the country would be an underdog at ISU.

I get it. My point is its been 3 years with this group and we have seen them "so close" every single year at KU and ISU, but they can never seem to pull those out. If they had the conference would be a runaway right now. It's the SEC of basketball. Dogfight. Gotta get ready for another one in Baylor.

I get it. My point is its been 3 years with this group and we have seen them "so close" every single year at KU and ISU, but they can never seem to pull those out. If they had the conference would be a runaway right now. It's the SEC of basketball. Dogfight. Gotta get ready for another one in Baylor.

Well the answer is we aren't really a dominant team and there's nothing wrong with that. We're a very, very good team but there are a lot of very good teams in the Big 12 - just hope when the battles end we're the last team standing.

I dunno, I seen some of the Baylor/ISU game and that day Baylor looked the part to me.

I haven't seen much of Baylor yet but I don't think they have the talent of ISU or the coaching of most teams in the Big XII

Well the answer is we aren't really a dominant team and there's nothing wrong with that. We're a very, very good team but there are a lot of very good teams in the Big 12 - just hope when the battles end we're the last team standing.

Evidently that's not acceptable to that stellar OU fan base.

Why would a Big XII/OU fan say that?

It is so stupid to buy into the nonsense about the SEC.

There really aren't any elite teams in college basketball right now. Will make for a fun and interesting March.

Spangler looked tire to me. At times the team looked tired. West Virginia game was a tough physical game and a quick turn around. I thought Manyang played well while he was in protecting the rim. Wish we would have went with him a little longer but he looked winded. Spangler had his worst game and Woodard was off tonight as well yet we still hung in and had a shot to win against a very good team on the road . Be interesting to see how KANSAS does their next Monday night. I predict they will lose that game.

I love the depth we're developing. If we can get Buford and James to play the minutes that they did tonight, we'll be in pretty good shape.

We are going to get everybody's best shot since we are really good. This is the best I've seen the conference in a long time. We have multiple teams that could win this conference this year. I still think OU can pull it off Just need to have complete games from everyone.

I love the depth we're developing. If we can get Buford and James to play the minutes that they did tonight, we'll be in pretty good shape.

Agreed, we will be just fine - ISU was favored tonight. The Big 12 will prepare us well for the tourney. Love these guys

Spot on. There is no dominant team. Every top team in this conference (and the country for that matter) has a couple of weaknesses. You normally have to play at a very high level to beat the good teams on the road in the Big 12.

Agreed, we will be just fine - ISU was favored tonight. The Big 12 will prepare us well for the tourney. Love these guys

I just wish Kruger would play them a little more than 5 min at a time. Buford played quite a bit tonight. He is developing into a nice player for us.

You're half right, but need to lighten up on Spangler. Yes, he needs to sit because he's not getting it done...but I'm almost positive it's because of the knee. I'm sure he "wants to be in there". It might just be best to take a closer look at that injury and perhaps rest him until he's ready to play. We're not making a deep run in March with the Ryan Spangler we see right now.

Spot on post, WF!

Spangler has been and will continue to be too important to OU's success to deserve the kind of criticism he received during tonight's game. I watched him closely during the second half. He continued to play hard, but didn't have the lift or the quickness to fight for rebounds and go after loose balls. I lost count, but I think he failed to finish at least four shots from close in. He simply is not himself.

The better the players who sub for Ryan play, the more rest he will get. They are improving every game.

Then Kruger should use Buford more now so Spangler can get some rest so we can have him during the stretch run of the tourney's. Give Buford more minutes, he deserves it. He played a great game tonight.

Back