>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

You all are crazy. OU is number 1 with a bunch of seniors. They don't need any more lessons in losing.

Players can keep learning even if they are seniors.

Tough game. Great to see cousins break out or the funk he has been in lately.

Yes, several people don't understand it. They think it is OK to play poorly and barely win against inferior opponents but then are stunned when we lose against good opponents.

I hate to lose but maybe it will help the players get better.

There are no "inferior opponents" in conference. TCU, I suppose.

Out rebounded 43 to 32 and Spangler had 6....6... So if he was sick or hurt ok I understand...but if he just didn't come to play that's fully on him. I dunno what his deal was but rebounding is easily the reason we got beat.

I'll get blasted for this but Ryan has been very inconsistent. Sometimes he looks unstoppable on both ends of the court. Then there are games like tonight when sometimes it looks like he isn't even trying. You never no which one will show up. It's disappointing.

It seems that some of you have never seen a game played in Ames, Iowa before.

Proud of this team.

Set up to make a run in March.

Maybe the games has changed, but if you get a chance to watch some game from 20-30 years ago, I don't think this years Kansas, Duke, UNC, MSU or OU would been #1 during the year.

There are no "inferior opponents" in conference. TCU, I suppose.

You think everyone is as good as OU except for TCU? Sorry, I beg to differ.

They played well but this was a tough game on the road. They didn't play bad and they didn't give it away.

I'll get blasted for this but Ryan has been very inconsistent. Sometimes he looks unstoppable on both ends of the court. Then there are games like tonight when sometimes it looks like he isn't even trying. You never no which one will show up. It's disappointing.
Then he needs to sit, let someone else play who wants to be in there

Honestly, every road game, but maybe tcu, is going to be tough.

I am realistic when thinking we CAN win all the home games...ku obviously will be the tough one. With bu next.

Road games that I'll put as a L - WV for sure...huggins has those refs. bu will be tough but they only beat tcu by a last second 3 (at tcu) on Sat...so who knows.

I think ku can lose to isu at ames as well, and if they lose in Norman, that's 3 losses. They won't lose at home.

I'd love to dethrone them, but rather play longer in the NCAA...that is hilarious when ku gets knocked out early.

Some silly comments tonight. I think ISU is the third best team in the conference. I realize Baylor beat them but I think ISU is better. The guys get to practice a bunch and then go to Waco and Beat Baylor

Players can keep learning even if they are seniors.

Well ya, but they don't need to lose to learn stuff. This team is at the top of the pile with as much experience as anyone in the country. The time to learn from losing ended a while ago.

Last edited:

Some silly comments tonight. I think ISU is the third best team in the conference. I realize Baylor beat them but I think ISU is better. The guys get to practice a bunch and then go to Waco and Beat Baylor

I dunno, I seen some of the Baylor/ISU game and that day Baylor looked the part to me.

Our team will only go as far as these guards can take us . We literally have no inside scoring in a half court offense .... NONE .
Spanglers inside scoring game has regressed the last two years ( if that's possible) and Lattin is nothing more then a junk point guy .
With Thomas we win this game ....... Hell with Buford playing the last 3 minutes we might win it also.
Spangler and Lattin picked their worst games of the season to have on the same night

Those of you insulting Spangler are ridiculous. He did not have his best game. He will be hard on himself so he oes t need a bunch of fans saying stupid things. This team is not nearly as good without Ryan Spangler. Be a freaking fan and support the players in good times and after losses

You think everyone is as good as OU except for TCU? Sorry, I beg to differ.

we've lost to 2 of the top 3 (minus OU) on the road. Haven't played wv on the road but I'm counting that as a lost.

BU is the weird one...beat isu in Ames, got blown out at ku. Barely beat tcu in Dallas, was close to TT for a half. They show some great things then don't. But of those games I mentioned they went 3-1, with I believe all 4 on the road.

They will be tough. ksu at home is tough, TT might be with TCU but nothing is a given.

Number 1 team in the country as a 2 point dog. There are a lot of people that think ISU is a good team.

Well ya, but they don't need to lose to learn stuff. This team is at the top of the pile with as much experience as anyone in the country. The time to learn from losing ended a while ago.

I can agree with that.

Back