OU is the 306th best defensive team in the nation

pitiful. It takes more than just being more athletic than the guy dribbling the ball in front of you. Defense is a mind set, a group effort and a wake-up call. 306th??

Defense is the key to all team sports. If OU does not improve they will lose (or could lose) all of their Big XII games.

I didn't know that our defense sucked, abd. Thanks for informing me. :eddie187_jpg_xs:

It has got to get a whole lot better. I think everyone (players and coaches included) knows that.

Look at the bright side....it can only get better from here.

Jeff has proven that he is a good defensive coach. We will certainly get better as the year goes. We will also need to improve dramatically in our defensive rebounding to compete in the Big 12.

The question I have is how quickly this improvement will come. Because, we certainly won't be competitive in conference playing the way we are now.

We are talented but under performing defensively and on the boards. How we do this year will depend upon how quickly we see improvement.

Blake was unusual. Most freshman are slow to pick up how hard and intense you have to play in college and ours are no different. Hopefully, it won't be next year before they get with the program.

At present, I think our biggest problem is that Wright and Allen play hard but are just a little lacking in offensive talent or skill. Tiny and Drew have the skills but are just "soft" right now and aren't playing with very good fundamentals. Thus, we are just getting killed in the paint. In the end, I think we end up being only as good as Tiny and Drew play.

This team needs a major wake-up call. Virtually an entire roster of top 100 high school players and they play worse than schools that cannot even properly be called mid-majors on the defensive end of the court. I sure hope the coaches have shown these guys that statistic and perhaps some other statistic that demonstrate the teams that go far in the NCAA and NBA almost always have a common characteristic of playing good defense.

The talent is their but these guys lack desire to play defense. They better get the desire or learn to like double digit losses.

I am surprised we are that high LOL. We stink on D. Must get better starting this week. These are two games we have to win.

Big I have a feeling that you will need to keep following this stat. Get ready because we are about to rise from the depth of this ranking. Please update us weekly. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Big I have a feeling that you will need to keep following this stat. Get ready because we are about to rise from the depth of this ranking. Please update us weekly. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Every week we will take a look and see the progress...

Thanks bud. I really mean this post in good taste. As I told you before. I respect you as a poster and have no beef with you. How come you quit putting pictures of the players up when you do your posts like Big 12 newcomers vs. Freshman. Those posts had some really good presentation to them. It's all good man! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:woot

ABD you are a great poster. Keep on posting. I echo what Faithful said. You add a lot to the board.

306th?

Well there you have it. The problem. Now we fix it.

Back