OU @ osu 11am CST on ESPN

What happened to all the optimism? Most of you experts were so excited about our new players this year and so happy about losing Alondis Kur Davion and Brady. We were gonna be so much better! We finally had talent. Moser is the savior. I have to admit Moser is great at rocking his smedium shirts!!! Lmao

Dumb. No one was excited about losing all of those transfers. I was for a few but the post is largely a false premise. My excitement has waned 0%

I remember getting jumped on for saying NIT would be about the limit of this years team just based on what we lost. Particularly at guard. Harkless is a good part for a team as a defender but him having to be your best scoring guard is gonna be a fail. Gibson just doesn't have much if the 3s aren't falling. I don't really fault Moser that much. Once he gets good players for his system it'll be good here but right now these guys were just guys he had to plug in because of all the guys we lost be it. Harmon, AR, Manek, Williams, those guys were all better offensive players than anyone we got now.

This year seems to be going like Trae's year. Great start but come Jan. the team falls apart.
But no Trae to give you a glimmer of hope.
The air has been punched out of the balloon.
Looks like last in the Big 12.

This year seems to be going like Trae's year. Great start but come Jan. the team falls apart.
But no Trae to give you a glimmer of hope.
The air has been punched out of the balloon.
Looks like last in the Big 12.

Well, that team had a legitimately great first two months and was number one in the county in mid January. This team was never ranked and when the polls come out next week, won’t have beaten any team in the Top 25. I didn’t expect us to struggle this badly, but I thought it was silly when people were saying in December that this team was better than last year’s team. People took Reaves for granted, or, even worse, bashed him when he was clearly our best player.

This is exactly why I thought it was so ridiculous that some were hoping Lon would retire or even suggesting that Joe C should push him that direction. Regardless of who we hired to replace him, there was always a very good chance that we would take a step back, and it remains to be seen if we can ultimately end up in a better position.

Dumb. No one was excited about losing all of those transfers. I was for a few but the post is largely a false premise. My excitement has waned 0%

This. I was pretty gutted when all of them decided to leave. Moser did what he could to replace them at the 11th hour. He pulled in a really good looking class to me, especially if the European kid makes it in. I think he will land a transfer big or 2 as well. Better buy the moser stock rn while it’s down. He is going to succeed here big time.

Last edited:
This. I was pretty gutted when all of them decided to leave. Moser did what he could to replace them at the 11th hour. He pulled in a really good looking class to me, especially if the European kid makes it in. I think he will land a transfer big or 2 as well. Better buy the moser stock rn while it’s down. He is going to succeed here big time.

This year was gonna be the tough year. But I think we'll see a lot of improvement next year and Moser will get things going.

Talent wise we knew OU would struggle to compete in the Big 12, my expectation was this group would be well coached by protecting the ball, run clean offensive sets and play defense.

The current product is disappointing to say the least as the initial losses started with just sloppy play which has now devolved into guys just playing for themselves. Moser needs to get back control of this team.

I think Moser will get things done, I dunno if those things will be good enough for some fans. Oklahoma basketball is not one of those perennial powers, I do see Moser getting us in the tourney most years and once in a while make a run to sweet 16 elite 8..ect

Talent wise we knew OU would struggle to compete in the Big 12, my expectation was this group would be well coached by protecting the ball, run clean offensive sets and play defense.

The current product is disappointing to say the least as the initial losses started with just sloppy play which has now devolved into guys just playing for themselves. Moser needs to get back control of this team.

This was me, too, kind of like Sampson's first year. Those guys weren't the most talented but not only did they do the things in bold you mentioned for the most part, but they got better as the year went on. I know Moser had less to work with.

The first part of the schedule is always much easier than the Big 12, but man the lack of fundamentals and players not practicing what the coaching staff says they're preaching is alarming to me. That's why I wish he'd just clean the whole freaking house besides like Jalen Hill and whatever freshmen he thinks are promising. Open tons of schollies and get younger but good portal guys and good freshmen. Next year, again may be somewhat of a rebuild, but build for the future while having more success. Then obviously keep recruiting and building in the future. Build something that is sustainable.

What happened to all the optimism? Most of you experts were so excited about our new players this year and so happy about losing Alondis Kur Davion and Brady. We were gonna be so much better! We finally had talent. Moser is the savior. I have to admit Moser is great at rocking his smedium shirts!!! Lmao

This is harsh, of course Sooner fans were optimistic. We were bringing in the heralded Groves brothers, a Duke player in Goldwire, plus heralded freshmen Noland and Cortes. Most people here thought Jalen Hill would be a force and that Harkless would be an all-conference type player.

Reality: The Groves brothers were not as good as advertised. They are not really athletic enough for the Big 12. Goldwire is so limited offensively that it doesn’t really matter what else he does. Hill has done nothing this year, absolutely nothing. Harkless is a shell of what he was last year. A lot of people thought Noland would start from day one but he and Cortes just aren’t ready. They might be good someday. So what does that leave us? A team full of guys with major flaws. And when those flaws all include not being able to score then you have real problems winning games. Sure we can defend and we hustle but if we can’t score and we can’t take care of the ball then we can’t beat decent teams, forget good teams.

I’ve been a little disappointed in Moser so far. It doesn’t seem like the guys are buying what he’s selling. But I definitely think things will improve when he gets a Big 12 type roster in place.

Hill is tied for third on the team in scoring, tied for the team lead in rebounds and is second on the team in free throw percentage (here, I'm omitting Cortes, who has shot just seven free throws all season).

The entire team has been disappointing, but to single Hill out as having done "nothing, absolutely nothing" is silly.

Last edited:
Hill is tied for third on the team in scoring, tied for the team lead in rebounds and is second on the team in free throw percentage (here, I'm omitting Cortes, who has shot just seven free throws all season).

The entire team has been disappointing, but to single Hill out as having done "nothing, absolutely nothing" is silly.

You’re right, he hasn’t done nothing. I guess some recency bias crept in to my analysis. In Big 12 play he’s averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds. In the last 5 games he’s had 2, 9, 4, 6, and 0 points.

So yeah, not nothing but certainly not nearly good enough to be a starter on a good team in the Big 12.

You’re right, he hasn’t done nothing. I guess some recency bias crept in to my analysis. In Big 12 play he’s averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds. In the last 5 games he’s had 2, 9, 4, 6, and 0 points.

So yeah, not nothing but certainly not nearly good enough to be a starter on a good team in the Big 12.

Hill is a terrific role player on a good team. But he's never going to carry the team offensively. I was hoping his offensive game would improve but not so much.

Hill is a terrific role player on a good team. But he's never going to carry the team offensively. I was hoping his offensive game would improve but not so much.

Right, he would be a good energy guy off the bench but he doesn’t have much offensive game and he’s a tweener.

Back