OU/TX will the floor hold?

soonerczech

Reaction score
Just thinking about Pittman vs. Tiny in the low post. I don't recall ever seeing two guys that are both as huge as they are defending one another. Both 6'10 ish and pushing 300lbs. It could very well be an epic battle.

Just thinking about Pittman vs. Tiny in the low post. I don't recall ever seeing two guys that are both as huge as they are defending one another. Both 6'10 ish and pushing 300lbs. It could very well be an epic battle.

I fear that Texas will use their seemingly unlimited surplus of bigs (Hill, Wangmene, the other generic looking white dude (chapman) to try and get Tiny into foul trouble. That is going to be something that Tiny will have to battle through.

Tiny will thoroughly abuse Pittman. Tiny has the weight to bang Pittman defensively. Pittman has absolutely no ability to go out and cover Tiny on the floor. And as we've all seen Tiny can shoot the ball effortlessly out to the 3 and beyond. Pittman can't defend me outside of the paint. Total mismatch.

Tiny will thoroughly abuse Pittman. Tiny has the weight to bang Pittman defensively. Pittman has absolutely no ability to go out and cover Tiny on the floor. And as we've all seen Tiny can shoot the ball effortlessly out to the 3 and beyond. Pittman can't defend me outside of the paint. Total mismatch.

Thoroughly abuse Pittman? Your exagerrations never stop. Pittman has no ability to go out and guard Tiny on the floor you say. You're going to be shocked when you see Pittman. I thought I showed a video of him on here in a open run game. He is not the same cat you saw last year. And Tiny will not be able to handle Pittman down low. I won't exagerrate the situation and say he's going to torture Tiny or anything like that. Total mismatch, yeah ok fella. I hope that was just dangling bait and not a real thought out statement.

Last edited:
Thoroughly abuse Pittman? Your exagerrations never stop. Pittman has no ability to go out and guard Tiny on the floor you say. You're going to be shocked when you see Pittman. I thought I showed a video of him on here in a open run game. He is not the same cat you saw last year. And Tiny will not be able to handle Pittman down low. I won't exagerrate the situation and say he's going to torture Tiny or anything like that. Total mismatch, yeah ok fella. I hope that was just dangling bait and not a real thought out statement.

You are kidding yourself if you think that Pittman can stay with Tiny out on the perimeter. Tiny plays a lot like a guard out there, and has great range. I would be happy to show you this year's burger game if you need to see how he moves for a man his size. It would be foolish of Rick to have Dexter chasing Tiny around out by the three point line.

I agree with you that Tiny won't be able to stop Pittman in the paint, which is why I bet that Tiny doesn't even guard him. I think it will be Allen and Wright. And Rick would be smart to put someone else on Tiny than Pittman imo.

Well I will show the burger game after all because I enjoy it so much!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qb18mSdb8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qb18mSdb8[/ame]

Man, after reading the board I'm beginning to think Texas and Baylor will never lose a game with all this unstoppable talent.

You are kidding yourself if you think that Pittman can stay with Tiny out on the perimeter. Tiny plays a lot like a guard out there, and has great range. I would be happy to show you this year's burger game if you need to see how he moves for a man his size. It would be foolish of Rick to have Dexter chasing Tiny around out by the three point line.

I agree with you that Tiny won't be able to stop Pittman in the paint, which is why I bet that Tiny doesn't even guard him. I think it will be Allen and Wright. And Rick would be smart to put someone else on Tiny than Pittman imo.

Well I will show the burger game after all because I enjoy it so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qb18mSdb8

If Tiny is out there shooting 3's I'm going to love it. And Pittman won't have to chase him out there, someone else will. And while that is going on who is going to be rebounding for ou? The burger game means nothing to me in regards to what Capel will be allowing Tiny to do. And he played like that in a high school AA game without real defense being played on him. That's not Texas and Pittman out there.

I'm not taking anything away from that cat, he has game. But for cheno to say he would dominate Pittman away from the basket; and then say Tiny could hold him down low just made me shake my head. I guess we'll just see.

If Tiny is out there shooting 3's I'm going to love it. And Pittman won't have to chase him out there, someone else will. And while that is going on who is going to be rebounding for ou? The burger game means nothing to me in regards to what Capel will be allowing Tiny to do. And he played like that in a high school AA game without real defense being played on him. That's not Texas and Pittman out there.

I'm not taking anything away from that cat, he has game. But for cheno to say he would dominate Pittman away from the basket; and then say Tiny could hold him down low just made me shake my head. I guess we'll just see.

He will shoot some threes. He will also be more of a PF in this offense. I see him doing a lot of pick and rolls. He has great handles, so he will be able to do some stuff on the break. He also is a really good passer. He is in better shape than when that game was played.

As for rebounding, I don't think he will lead the team in boards. I think Ryan Wright will....

I suspect that Barnes will put Dex on Wright/Allen, and put Gary Johnson/Damion James/Hamilton/whoever on Tiny and double if Tiny catches it down low.

But for cheno to say he would dominate Pittman away from the basket; and then say Tiny could hold him down low just made me shake my head. I guess we'll just see.

I said Tiny has the weight to bang him. He does. Let's be honest...Pittman has no offense of moves. He just uses his fat butt to push people. He can't do that to Tiny. Because Tiny ain't really tiny.

If Tiny is out there shooting 3's I'm going to love it.

Oh and I am going to love it if Dex is out there chasing him. It will give Crock, Cade, and Willie a great chance to sneak in and get some easy put backs.

I said Tiny has the weight to bang him. He does. Let's be honest...Pittman has no offense of moves. He just uses his fat butt to push people. He can't do that to Tiny. Because Tiny ain't really tiny.

"Tiny will thoroughly abuse Pittman."

If Tiny is going to thoroughly abuse Pittman, and Warren is the best NBA prospect in the Big 12, does that lead you to believe ou is going to at least split with Texas. Just curious about your thoughts on that.

Oh and I am going to love it if Dex is out there chasing him. It will give Crock, Cade, and Willie a great chance to sneak in and get some easy put backs.

James will own the boards if Pittman and Tiny aren't under there.

If Tiny is going to thoroughly abuse Pittman, and Warren is the best NBA prospect in the Big 12, does that lead you to believe ou is going to at least split with Texas. Just curious about your thoughts on that.

I think that OU has a great shot to beat Texas at home. I am not saying that they will, but the history of that series (which OU is leading btw) has shown that if both teams are competitive that the home team usually wins. I think this will be one of those years.

The fans of both teams really get fired up for a competitive OU/Texas game.

James will own the boards if Pittman and Tiny aren't under there.

James is going to own the boards regardless. He is the best rebounding "PF" in the Big 12. He is probably the second best rebounder in the league behind Aldrich.

It pains me to give Damion props because he is a grade A punk for what he did to Capel.

Yes, OU will beat them in Norman. You think otherwise?
And I was going a little over the top with my "thoroughly abuse" comment. I figured you'd know that. Tiny will get the best of Pittman.
The comments about Damion James owning the boards are spot on. To me he's twice the weapon that Pittman is. I'll take Damion James over Dexter and Johnny Pittman any days.

Yes, OU will beat them in Norman. You think otherwise?
And I was going a little over the top with my "thoroughly abuse" comment. I figured you'd know that. Tiny will get the best of Pittman.
The comments about Damion James owning the boards are spot on. To me he's twice the weapon that Pittman is. I'll take Damion James over Dexter and Johnny Pittman any days.

Yeah I think Texas sweeps ou this year.

Doesn't happen very often in our series. I don't think it will happen this year. Willie loves the big stage, and will be enough to get us the victory in front of a supportive crowd.

Of course you do. Do you think Texas goes undefeated in conference. They have KU in Austin so they should win that. OU is the 3rd best team in conference and you predict a sweep. So Texas at 16-0? If not who do they lose to?

Of course you do. Do you think Texas goes undefeated in conference. They have KU in Austin so they should win that. OU is the 3rd best team in conference and you predict a sweep. So Texas at 16-0? If not who do they lose to?

Being the 3rd best team in conference doesn't mean ou is right behind Texas or Kansas in talent. It just means they are better than the rest. ou may not even be the 3rd best team in the conference. So yes, I predict a sweep chenohawk. You act as if a team ranked 3rd in the Big 12(and ou may not finish that high) has never been swept before...such a crazy thought.

Being the 3rd best team in conference doesn't mean ou is right behind Texas or Kansas in talent. It just means they are better than the rest. ou may not even be the 3rd best team in the conference. So yes, I predict a sweep chenohawk. You act as if a team ranked 3rd in the Big 12(and ou may not finish that high) has never been swept before...such a crazy thought.

Keep that ****y attitude up whorn. It will make it that much sweeter when we knock you out of Big 12 title contention. You and the 5 other Texas basketball fans in cyberspace can lean on each other for support.

OU gets it done in Norman against Candy's husband. Book it.

Back