OU vs #12/14 UF 7pm CST on BSOK+

Great win!!! That may be the best game against a good team on offense and defense I have seen in sometime!

UF’s mostly veteran players were frustrated by our defense. I was impressed, and pleased, that our players stopped every run they made by keeping their cool and turning up the heat on defense.

That’s one more game on our record that will look good at tournament time!

We had a historic run of top 10 and top 25 wins in January, including a couple when we were shorthanded. This is a great win, don’t get me wrong, but we win lots of big games around here! 😊

Any free replay? Other than bs scams?

Last edited:
Man, I'm so happy. That was an excellent display of Sooner Basketball in every facet. I can't remember another time when the student section was full for a game when OU was not ranked.

I'll admit: after the first half of the Houston Baptist game, I was afraid that I needed to re-assess my expectations for this team and maybe the ceiling wasn't as high as I initially thought. But Saturday and tonight proved me wrong.

Florida is a GOOD team. They're not ranked #15 just because they haven't played anyone. They beat very solid Florida State and Ohio State (who just beat #1 Duke last night) teams. Gives me confidence that if we play hard, energetic defense and execute our offense, we can complete with anyone. Also, overall, Florida is more athletic than OU. They have some quick first steps, but we made good adjustments and played excellent help defense on most possessions to counteract their athleticism. And it feels good to finally trust OU to get a rebound when they need to. It's been years.

After a rough week to say the least, tonight was a great night to be a Sooner.

The perimeter defense is the best I've seen since the Sampson years. Goldwire and Harkless can really get after it and lock down the other guards. Florida couldn't even get into its offense last night. If Goldwire can cut down on the mistakes at the other end of the floor he will be really good.

The perimeter defense is the best I've seen since the Sampson years. Goldwire and Harkless can really get after it and lock down the other guards. Florida couldn't even get into its offense last night. If Goldwire can cut down on the mistakes at the other end of the floor he will be really good.

this is something i said in the game thread it is one thing to have 1 guy like that but we have 2 they are both elite on ball defenders..

then add Hill who is a very very good multi position defender and Mo who is hustling like crazy it makes OU very tough ..

steverocks35

this is something i said in the game thread it is one thing to have 1 guy like that but we have 2 they are both elite on ball defenders..

then add Hill who is a very very good multi position defender and Mo who is hustling like crazy it makes OU very tough ..

Careful now! I said pretty much the same thing about our defense a few posts earlier and got called out by the board’s self-appointed hall monitor. He obviously thought I was downplaying the accomplishment of last year’s team, which wasn’t even close to the truth.

This team may not be as talented on offense as some of our teams in years past, but they absolutely “get it” when it comes to locking our opponents down on defense. Defense won last night’s game, against a better team I might add, at least on paper. I couldn’t be happier with the win!

steverocks35

Careful now! I said pretty much the same thing about our defense a few posts earlier and got called out by the board’s self-appointed hall monitor. He obviously thought I was downplaying the accomplishment of last year’s team, which wasn’t even close to the truth.

This team may not be as talented on offense as some of our teams in years past, but they absolutely “get it” when it comes to locking our opponents down on defense. Defense won last night’s game, against a better team I might add, at least on paper. I couldn’t be happier with the win!

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

May I suggest we have two game threads? One to comment and analyze gameplay and the other on how to watch the game and technical issues?

Just a thought. :eek:

This team does a very good job of checking on defense. Just a quick move to stop the driver without total commitment. Good defensive teams do that. Kruger's teams were pretty good at that.

Baranczyk has our women's teams seem to be doing better at checking. Sherri's teams did not do it well.

Back