OU vs #2 Kansas St 6pm 1/31 on ESPN+

Soonercuda

Reaction score
If you need ESPN+ please click here and help out OklahomaHoops.com (Next 7 games in a row on ESPN+ and 9 of the last 10)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can win this one, especially with Lee being unavailable right now. If we don't, then I believe it'll have been because we played poorly. If we play like we can (against UT) I think this is a very winnable game. KSU has barely scraped by in their last 2 games, so if we are going to beat them anytime soon, it'll have to be tonight, IMO. Fingers crossed, go Sooners!

66-63 win…same path to the win…tough defense, low turnovers and great offense from Skylar. Skylar scored 21and she has become an excellent offensive power forward that can hit 3s, make mid range shots and post up players down low. Tonight she got offensive help from Joens and Keys as they each hit 3 3s.

Next game is Saturday at 4pm in Stillwater.

Big win… I’ll eat crow… team seems to be jelling at the right time. Didn’t shoot ourselves out of a win.

Ran when it was there but didn’t push it. Only 10 TO’s.

Skylar is an incredible shooter and rebounder, especially shooter. I mean her 3 point shooting is good but around the basket and 10 feet or so from the basket...she hits shots that I cannot believe. Not even sure how she sees the basket that well at times, with players around her, but then to shoot over them and make it...just wow.

And yes the team is really gelling. Culliton playing like last year but better, etc., won't try to comment on each player, though each deserves mention.

Since no one has commented I will- quite likely the worst noncall ever, when the KSU girl stepped 18 inches out of bounds before throwing the ball to the girl who missed the 3 right at the end. In full view of the official. And no call. And could also have been fouled by Sahara, she bumped her, again no call. Either call ends the game effectively. So if you are a conspiracy theorist the ref knew KSU only chance is swallow the whistle.

And did I imagine it, if you were at the game, or did Kelbie Washington come out and do the t shirt toss?

I'm very proud of the Sooners and their remarkable Coach Jennie. OU has learned how to play offense fast but also under control. I believe the Sooners lead the conference in fewest turnovers per game. Their ability to rebound a missed shot, get the ball down court and score quickly is a thing of beauty. And when a fast break is not available, they're patient enough to work the ball inside to Skylar or one of the bigs. And the defense is no slouch either.

This team has vastly improved since going 6-5 to start the season.

Since no one has commented I will- quite likely the worst noncall ever, when the KSU girl stepped 18 inches out of bounds before throwing the ball to the girl who missed the 3 right at the end. In full view of the official. And no call. And could also have been fouled by Sahara, she bumped her, again no call. Either call ends the game effectively. So if you are a conspiracy theorist the ref knew KSU only chance is swallow the whistle.

And did I imagine it, if you were at the game, or did Kelbie Washington come out and do the t shirt toss?
Yes...Madi, Ana, Kelbie and Dee Lampkin were all at the game and did the t-shirt toss

So I guess that means Kelbie is officially finished as a player? That's too bad, but she needs to do what is best for her.

Words I thought I would never read- "OU leads the big 12 in fewest turnovers" ???

Lol ya that was pretty bad… I mean there was a chance ksu could have tied it… would have been total bullcrap

"...quite likely the worst noncall ever, when the KSU girl stepped 18 inches out of bounds before throwing the ball to the girl who missed the 3 right at the end."

I agree, it was terrible. The KSU girl jumped into the air to get the ball and came down with one foot way out of bounds. She actually used that foot as leverage to make her throw to the KSU player on the court. if her foot had not toughed the floor her throwing motion would have been different. You don't have to see the foot touch to know that it did come down out of bounds before the ball left her hands. Despicable!

Back