#24 OU vs TCU 6pm 2/7 on ESPN+

Soonercuda

Reaction score
If you need ESPN+ please click here and help out OklahomaHoops.com (Next 5 games in a row on ESPN+ and 7 of the last 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
72-55 F. Skylar with 17, Payton w/ 14, & my most encouraging stat, Johnson w/ 11 pts. & 8 boards. If she can build on that & give OU another interior threat not named Skylar, I think that’ll really open up things for our guards.

Thought this was a game we didn't have great energy or focus in the first half and so it was close. But we had better focus and energy in the 2nd half. We relied on Skylar to get us the lead at the half and the early part of Q3….then I thought it was KJ, Sahara and Verhulst that lead the run to put the game away. I thought Verhulst had several really good assists in that run to put it away…again as a team we had 22 assists on 28 made field goals.

Saturday we go to Ames in an important game if we are to win the conference regular season.

I think Johnson matched up well against TCU. She seemed to struggle last week against OSU's heavy girl.

I think Johnson matched up well against TCU. She seemed to struggle last week against OSU's heavy girl.
I think just about anybody is going to struggle to matchup with her. Not too many 6’5” 240ish gals hanging around these days. The #1 move I saw her use on OU was to flat out back you down under the rim & get a layup of some sort. Reminded me of what Shaq used to do back in the day (but to her credit, she’s WAY better at the FT line).

I really like Johnson’s progress… I think she’s gotten a lot better.

Nice to have 2 posts in.

I’ll have to admit it, we are really running our offense and have been more disciplined on the run and gun. Coach has done a great job getting them there.

Def going to b12 tourney here in town.

Boomer

Last edited:
I think Johnson needs to play more, not only because she's better than Culleton but to help her develop. I didn't know that OSU's big center was the #2 big recruit out of high school and had been at Baylor and LSU, not sure maybe she went to LSU with TWWW(the wicked witch of the west)
Johnson has that really nice spin move to the hoop if she could just make the layup more reliable.

Back