#20 OU vs #3 Texas 6pm 2/28 on ESPN+

What a great comeback win! Sweeping #3 Longhorns is really impressive although Sooners best win is against #2 Kansas State

good interview with coach afterward. she got pretty emotional. 1-11 down the stretch, but they kept scrapping for second chances in the final minute. and ksu goes down. congrats, ladies. pretty remarkable.

That #2 win isn't fair. One of KSU's best players wasn't there. OU got beat like a drum when she did play.
There are no * in the record books next to wins against teams that have injured players. No one felt sorry for us when we lost games we might have won if Whitney Hand hadn't been injured or any number of other OU players who were vital to our teams but didn't get to play due to injuries.

Is Vic still whining about calls he didn't like? When you play aggressive defense you better have a very deep team because you will have players in foul trouble.

Booker is a fabulous player but with the loss of their point guard she had way too much on her shoulders for a freshman. She ran out of gas in the last half of the 4th quarter.

That final 5 minutes was so gritty and so representative of what this team goes. Nothing was working out and they just found a way. So proud of this squad. Outright conference champs in our last go around!!! BOOMER

Skylar Vann getting the rebound before it went out of bounds and then able to get it to Keys....that was tremendous. Of course, Keys just a great three point shooter...no matter the time on the clock, nor the pressure of the shot, she can be counted on.

What a gritty resilient win. Skylar gets hurt early Q2, doesn’t play rest of the quarter and we are down 27-12…somehow on Verhulst’s back we fight back to 39-38 down at half. Skylar comes back but fights foul trouble and we still hang with Texas. Out hustled them on our offensive glass and get 21 offensive boards. Then on an incredible scramble possession after missing several chances Skylar tracks down another offensive rebound and passes it to Lexy who calmly knocks down the winning 3 with 4.5 seconds left. Defend the last Texas shot and we are Big 12 champs.

I was hoping for a little bigger crowd but everyone that was there was tremendous…very loud and supportive.

Last regular season game is Saturday at KU.

Kansas lost three times after Lee came back. Twice to Iowa State after we thumped the Cyclones on their home court, and once to Kansas. K-State also received a forfeit from TCU which OU did not.
By the way, in 21-22. OU beat K-State in the return game after Ayoka Lee scored 61 points in the first game in Manhattan. She scored 13 points in Norman.

There are no * in the record books next to wins against teams that have injured players. No one felt sorry for us when we lost games we might have won if Whitney Hand hadn't been injured or any number of other OU players who were vital to our teams but didn't get to play due to injuries.

Is Vic still whining about calls he didn't like? When you play aggressive defense you better have a very deep team because you will have players in foul trouble.

Booker is a fabulous player but with the loss of their point guard she had way too much on her shoulders for a freshman. She ran out of gas in the last half of the 4th quarter.
I'm just saying these Texas wins are better than the KSU win. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the "committee" does not look at injured players, then it would have to consider the win over #2-State a better win. Texas was missing one of their best players when won in Austin. She was back for our game in Norman.

If you look at it in retrospect, taking into account all subsequent games, the Texas wins were obviously better. Since K-State lost again then Texas will be ranked and seeded over K-State.

The KU game is a trap game for OU. I said that about OSU. Ha.

What a great comeback win! Sweeping #3 Longhorns is really impressive although Sooners best win is against #2 Kansas State
I guess by the rankings but I feel Texas is a better team than Kansas State was when we beat them. With Lee out and even now that she is back, they are just not as good...well, of course, imo. The thing is, next to OU, they are the team in our conference that I really pull for...usually that is OSU but with Gregory there, it has become K.State.
I do get what you are saying..K. State was ranked two, so it was a better win in that respect.

Back