#20 OU vs #3 Texas 6pm 2/28 on ESPN+

Soonercuda

Reaction score
Both the last two regular season games are on ESPN+ and also early rounds of Big 12 tournament. Plus most of the Big12 softball games. So please consider using the Oklahomahoops.com affiliate link if you decide to subscribe.

Going to start the thread early…a chance to beat Texas and clinch the Big 12 regular season title and put us in position to have a chance to host first and second round NCAA tournament games.

So please buy tickets and let’s make this a big loud crowd Wednesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the biggest game in many years. It is Texas high ranking, OU ranked and leading the Big 12 by one game over Texsas and the next to the last game of the season. And it is in Norman. Would add a little more excitement if it were on a weekend. OUr having beaten the horns in Austin adds pzazz. Regardless we may wind up playing them again in KC.

Texas 3 and Ou 20....
I remember what a good crowd Texas had when we played there. For some reason, Texas women seemed flat. Expect both teams to be fired up in this game. A great crowd is what women's basketball needs. I am psychologically pretty much housebound but really want to be a part of this, so will make the effort. Agree with Soonercuda, it is important that OU has a big crowd. Hope to see a huge crowd enjoying themselves. Boomer

Same here, I live too far away to go myself, but will of course be watching. I hope the girls come out ready to play, knock them in the face with a great 1st quarter and never let up. We really have to play well defensively against their Bigs, as they have Gaston this time around, and she's always done well against us. We have to run them ragged and execute as well or better than the game in Austin to win this one. I hope JB has these girls ready to play for their season, as this game will have major seeding implications IMO. I go with Sooners by 6!

I am prepared for a loss but hopeful of a win. My wife and I will be at the game and energized.

Our margins of victory, excluding WVA, in the month of February have been impressive. I think we have to be hitting the shots. We can't afford long cold spells. Kirsten Johnson needs a good game. We need to avoid foul trouble, make free throws, minimize turnovers and block out. All the usual stuff.

• OU has played the 17th toughest schedule in the country with the 13th toughest remaining schedule. Oklahoma boasts a league-leading 14-2 record in the Big 12 and has four wins over top 25 teams (No. 12 Ole Miss, No. 10 Texas, No. 2 Kansas State and No. 21 Baylor).
Those facts alone tell me the Sooners are undervalued, at least by those voting in the national polls. I only hope Oklahoma isn't also undervalued by the committee, especially if we knock off the No. 3 whorns again.

I think the thing that hurts us in the polls is our loss to Southern at home. Also we lost to Princeton Tenn, UNLV and NC.

• OU has played the 17th toughest schedule in the country with the 13th toughest remaining schedule. Oklahoma boasts a league-leading 14-2 record in the Big 12 and has four wins over top 25 teams (No. 12 Ole Miss, No. 10 Texas, No. 2 Kansas State and No. 21 Baylor).
Those facts alone tell me the Sooners are undervalued, at least by those voting in the national polls. I only hope Oklahoma isn't also undervalued by the committee, especially if we knock off the No. 3 whorns again.
OU lost to Southern and UNC (both don't look good). OU has a couple really bad losses that are really hurting them, in terms of perception.

Beating UT again will help immensely!

Yes, that loss to Southern definitely hurt – and probably still lingers in the minds of poll voters. However, that loss, and most of the other Sooner losses, came in the preseason. The OU team today bears little resemblance to the team that finished the preseason at 6-5 (if memory serves). Those wins over KSU, Baylor, at UT, the narrow loss at WVU and a 14-2 record in one of the toughest leagues in college basketball all scream that the Sooners are deserving of a Top 15 ranking. And if Oklahoma can find a way tonight to defeat a Texas team that's been unbeatable since its loss to OU earlier this season, the Sooners will not just be the undisputed Big 12 champion, they'll also be deserving of a 4-seed in the NCAA tournament. JMO

Not looking good… def or offense

Horns just have some good size in the post

HORRIBLE DEFENSE… WTH are you doing Kennedy. Her butt world be on the bench

terrible first 15 minutes, skylar goes down, sooners dissolve the deficit. lol. what a brickhouse of a screen from beatrice. let’s go!

Too many TO’s and jacking 3’s up …back to old ways

Back