OU vs Arkansas @ BOK in Tulsa 12:30 on ESPN2

What's it going to take for Cortes to look for his offense a little bit. He can get by people, he just doesn't look to score. Dude made 11 threes in a game last spring. Can he not fire one up in rhythm just to see? I'm betting he'll be an equal shooter to EJ and Goldwire at a minimum.

I sure hope he is a better shooter than both those guys. :) I think he is probably just focusing on trying to facilitate and play fundamentally sound right now. There are so many veteran guards on this team, and he probably is hesitant to let it fly. Would be great if we could win big the next two games and maybe that would be a change for him to look for his offense a little more.

Is it a point of emphasis for refs to call offensive fouls this year? I couldn't believe how many were called, both ways, especially in the first half, and I think it has led to defenders starting to flop. Officiating was bad the whole way, not biased just poor calls and several calls, like Gibson getting tackled and a clear kick ball not called at all

What's it going to take for Cortes to look for his offense a little bit. He can get by people, he just doesn't look to score. Dude made 11 threes in a game last spring. Can he not fire one up in rhythm just to see? I'm betting he'll be an equal shooter to EJ and Goldwire at a minimum.

Alston Mason had no problem looking for his shot. He just didn't hit many of them. Now he's warming the beach. Bijan is paying attention. He'll start looking for his shot when the time is right. I love what I've seen of this kid's game.

There is no rule one way or the other. :)

My point was their rule is like saying you cannot because you might spread germs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol oh I totally agree...stupid.

I was over near Ft Smith, Ar Saturday night, their fans or some of them thought to OU this was like winning the NC to beat Arkansas. Others gave Oklahoma some credit but they did considered Tulsa as their second home now....ah those hogs fans

I'm putting up the full game soon. It says it'll take a little over an hour on youtube. I'll put a link on the Full games thread for those that want to rewatch it.

I only got to see the first half. And just watched the highlights of the second. It sounds as if this team is maturing and developing some moxie. When OU shoots the ball that well (especially from behind the arc), they are tough to deal with. We saw the opposite of that in the latter part of the second half against Butler. This was a really good win and helps absorb that poor loss against Butler.....although someone mentioned it in this thread, I have no idea how good Arkansas is. Florida looked like a better team than they do at this point.

It would have been nice to go 4-0 through this stretch, however I'm encouraged by the 3-1 showing and how this team won these games. Onward and upward.

And what in the hell set Mussellman off? Was there a call that was so egregious that was missed or something? He looked like a maniac.

Is it a point of emphasis for refs to call offensive fouls this year? I couldn't believe how many were called, both ways, especially in the first half, and I think it has led to defenders starting to flop. Officiating was bad the whole way, not biased just poor calls and several calls, like Gibson getting tackled and a clear kick ball not called at all

Charges have been a plague on college basketball for years. It is ridiculous. When a help defender is involved, it should be a block 90 percent of the time. Guys know they get rewarded for running under offensive players, so they have been doing it for years and years. I don’t blame coaches for teaching it since they know they will get the call more often than not. I have no idea why it isn’t officiating like in the NBA.

I only got to see the first half. And just watched the highlights of the second. It sounds as if this team is maturing and developing some moxie. When OU shoots the ball that well (especially from behind the arc), they are tough to deal with. We saw the opposite of that in the latter part of the second half against Butler. This was a really good win and helps absorb that poor loss against Butler.....although someone mentioned it in this thread, I have no idea how good Arkansas is. Florida looked like a better team than they do at this point.

It would have been nice to go 4-0 through this stretch, however I'm encouraged by the 3-1 showing and how this team won these games. Onward and upward.

And what in the hell set Mussellman off? Was there a call that was so egregious that was missed or something? He looked like a maniac.

Their guy attacked the rim & 2 Sooners met him & both were vertical, clean defensive play. Then Mussleman freaks out on the ref furthest from the play & acted like he really wanted to go fight, it was comical bc a huge assistant was easily holding him back & a decent sized ref was just standing right in front of him unamused. Annoying thing was one of the announcers acted like the Arky player got hammered.

Charges have been a plague on college basketball for years. It is ridiculous. When a help defender is involved, it should be a block 90 percent of the time. Guys know they get rewarded for running under offensive players, so they have been doing it for years and years. I don’t blame coaches for teaching it since they know they will get the call more often than not. I have no idea why it isn’t officiating like in the NBA.

Someone made a great point that once the offensive player plants his loading foot to jump, the defensive player should already be established for it to be a charge. I do like how they are calling offensive players for extending their arm backing down, even though 2 weak ones were called in yesterdays game.

I was over near Ft Smith, Ar Saturday night, their fans or some of them thought to OU this was like winning the NC to beat Arkansas. Others gave Oklahoma some credit but they did considered Tulsa as their second home now....ah those hogs fans

One thing i've been able to learn is that like Texas teams, Arkansas fans have a much higher opinion of their programs than they should. I will say they are passionate about their teams win or lose. They seem to have alot of penis envy towards OU, though, and love to denigrate OU whenever possible. It seems alot of SEC schools that can't hold OU's jock feel they are far superior because they are in the holier than though SEC. ATM Aggie fans are the same way. I've never seen a fan base live off conference affiliation more than ATM. Most of my Aggie friends now feel like OU is a second class institution to them, even after all the numerous ass kickings dealt to them by OU spanning may years. It's really something to behold..

Their guy attacked the rim & 2 Sooners met him & both were vertical, clean defensive play. Then Mussleman freaks out on the ref furthest from the play & acted like he really wanted to go fight, it was comical bc a huge assistant was easily holding him back & a decent sized ref was just standing right in front of him unamused. Annoying thing was one of the announcers acted like the Arky player got hammered.

Thanks. His reaction was comic gold.

ya I didn't think it was horrible...I'm guessing there was a play before that we could have gotten called for a foul on the break away lay up...but again, to me it wasn't a bad no call.

Funny cause Mo got ran over on a break away an no foul...in fact they called it out on Mo.

He just lost his $hit...and bad.

ya I didn't think it was horrible...I'm guessing there was a play before that we could have gotten called for a foul on the break away lay up...but again, to me it wasn't a bad no call.

Funny cause Mo got ran over on a break away an no foul...in fact they called it out on Mo.

He just lost his $hit...and bad.

I was at the game. Lost a lot of respect for Musselman and his program. That blow up was totally ridiculous and unprofessional. Plus, his team is completely undisciplined. Their shot selection and defense were atrocious. I also thought their antics at the end of the game while OU was just trying to run out the clock were Busch league. Let's just say that win was...satisfying.

What antics?

Stole the ball with like 30 seconds left. That one was, whatever. CJ got a little careless with the ball, but there was really no reason for the Arky player to do that. OU was just going to take a shot clock violation.

The foul with like 10 seconds left was really bad. Should have been a flagrant/intentional. Their guy just pushed Alston Mason for no reason. Just sore loser stuff.

Stole the ball with like 30 seconds left. That one was, whatever. CJ got a little careless with the ball, but there was really no reason for the Arky player to do that. OU was just going to take a shot clock violation.

The foul with like 10 seconds left was really bad. Should have been a flagrant/intentional. Their guy just pushed Alston Mason for no reason. Just sore loser stuff.

I actually saw that one. Didn't want a fight, but thought some of his teammates should have come to his aid and gotten a little more pissed about that one.

I actually saw that one. Didn't want a fight, but thought some of his teammates should have come to his aid and gotten a little more pissed about that one.

ya, that last foul was BS...seriously...you're down 20+. I thought a couple of our guys on the bench started to leave but coaches got them back. All the guys on the floor were back in arky's end because of the long pass..from what I remember.

Great win...with class as well

Back