OU vs Arkansas @ BOK in Tulsa 12:30 on ESPN2

What a great win. Arkansas made several runs, but the Sooners maintained their composure and retained control. I certainly thought OU had a chance to win today, but I certainly didn't imagine a 22-point margin.

Good game from the good guys but also Arky not as good as I thought.

But this makes up for the Butler loss. Glad we played much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Butler loss will hurt all season to some degree. It cost us about 20 spots in the NET. This definitely is a good step, especially if Arky ends up with a solid NET. I’m not sure what to expect from them, they haven’t beaten anyone and they lost a ton from last year’s team. But hopefully it’ll be a quad one win when it’s all said and done.

I'm shocked! I was out, haven't watched yet. Great job guys!

What a great win. Arkansas made several runs, but the Sooners maintained their composure and retained control. I certainly thought OU had a chance to win today, but I certainly didn't imagine a 22-point margin.
Lead wire to wire and most of the time it was not even that close but they did get within 3 twice. This is the best win since the Alabama win last year I think. Florida win this year was good too. Going 2 of 3 in this stretch is probably as good or better than most OU fans thought going in. Should have 10 wins going into conference play. Conference schedule is really front loaded this year. Baylor twice, Kansas, @ Texas, ISU in the first 7 games.

That Butler loss will hurt all season to some degree. It cost us about 20 spots in the NET. This definitely is a good step, especially if Arky ends up with a solid NET. I’m not sure what to expect from them, they haven’t beaten anyone and they lost a ton from last year’s team. But hopefully it’ll be a quad one win when it’s all said and done.

Don't disagree but will say as long as we learned from it I can live with it.

All five Sooner starters were in double figures today.

Arky had just two second-chance points.

That Butler loss will hurt all season to some degree. It cost us about 20 spots in the NET.

While that loss put a sour taste in our collective mouths, if all of us were told before the UCF game that we would go 3-1 in our next four, most would have gladly taken it. Even better, we didn't let the Butler loss affect us today, hence we didn't lose to Butler twice.

Great win today, as the game was much closer than the final indicated. The only disappointment was the poor officiating on both sides. It has been a long, long time since we played defense like this...about 20 years to be precise.

It's great fun to wait til the game is over before reading the game thread. Makes those funny posts even more hilarious.

Going 2 of 3 in this stretch is probably as good or better than most OU fans thought going in.

I'd throw in the win at UCF and make it 3 of 4. All three of those have a chance to be quad 1 wins. I do hate to think of that Butler loss -- not that BU is such a bad program, but we should have won that one and 4-0 over that stretch would have been huge. We'd be in the top 25 for sure, if we'd won that one.

While that loss put a sour taste in our collective mouths, if all of us were told before the UCF game that we would go 3-1 in our next four, most would have gladly taken it. Even better, we didn't let the Butler loss affect us today, hence we didn't lose to Butler twice.

Great win today, as the game was much closer than the final indicated. The only disappointment was the poor officiating on both sides. It has been a long, long time since we played defense like this...about 20 years to be precise.

Well said

Arky Coach has some calls to complain about but so does Porter Moser. That was more for show for his team.

Actually, I thought OU got the short end of the stick on the officials’ calls. That’s why I was surprised when Musselman went full out bonkers on the sideline at about the four minute mark. He and his staff had already been pleading their case during a timeout. Guess he was expecting more calls in his favor than he was getting.

I think Musselman was playing to the Arky crowd. It gave Hogg fans a reason to blame the loss on the officiating crew. Never mind that their team shot 34% from the field and 29% from three point range.

OU just outplayed them! End of story!.

Agree. Butler is the one, if any of them, i'd have said we would win. I'll take it.
And also agree on the defense part. Defense travels, and if OU plays D like they have alot so far this year it well help when we go cold.

That's been my approach for several years now.

Lol. Same here. Great win today. Much better job on rebounds and game management. Really surprised at how well Moser has developed such a make shift roster.

Back