OU vs Tech 6pm CST on ESPN2

If our bench plays like that all year, we'll be ok more often than not if we can get more than just Harmon to show up from the starting group. For now though, just a wasted opportunity.

Yep. How many moral victories can we pile up this year!

Two of our starters (Manek and Kuath) combine for 4 points and 2 rebounds , and we’re still in it at the end. That’s a testament to our depth. But when Manek all but disappears, we’re not going to beat a team like Tech, even in Norman.

Tough loss!

Our best had bad games and we lost a tough game. We won't win the conference, not breaking news.

helluva layup by mcclung down the stretch. tough one but we had chances. not utterly devastated....we can learn from it.

but, stings right now.

We just can't hang with them, their guys have too much game. Unfortunately. This is the difference between a good program and a mediocre program, we are lacking a true difference maker. Our defense is giving them all day to shoot too. Iwuakor is battling down low, at least.

Afraid this would happen. Getting skull dragged at home. 8 straight field goals? You’ve got to be kidding me. Always against OU. Teams shooting above and well beyond normal. You can’t make it up. Defense? No problem!

We can’t hang? Getting skull dragged?

OU fans?? You be the judge

Very disappointing. We used to count on winning games like this. We used to count on winning almost every game in Norman. Not anymore.

Tech has lots of problems.... OU gave this one away. Worst game of Maneks career...

Tech is too small.

For OU, disappointed that they played so bad but whatever. Tech will be exposed.

Tech has lots of problems.... OU gave this one away. Worst game of Maneks career...

Tech is too small.

For OU, disappointed that they played so bad but whatever. Tech will be exposed.

I totally agree. Tech is flawed. This was as much about about OU losing it as opposed to Tech winning it.

We can’t hang? Getting skull dragged?

OU fans?? You be the judge

Are you questioning whether i'm a fan or not? What is wrong with you? I'm around here during the good times and bad, and it makes me very happy when OU plays well. Fans like you who get upset with the lightest complaining(even when OU is playing like **** by the way) drive me bat blank crazy. If you've paid attention, I don't constantly rag on OU.

Maybe you should revisit being an admin if you can't handle a little negativity, and during a loss no less? What the hell do you expect? Everyone to rub each other's bellies and scratch each other's backs?

Why do we have to have this ridiculous discussion every freaking year? Mindblowing...

Man that was a very disappointing loss. Manek can’t guard big guys down low. Had a brutal night. Then the missed free throws. the missed layup. Wow.

I wish Kruger would have just started the game with the lineup that won against hbu. That lineup brought us back again. Tech can’t score, especially against good athletic defense.

Yes tough loss, TT is a very tough team had you told me before the game we would get them in the rebounding category I would have bet a ton on us with the Dub, Not getting over the hump was the killer part of it, we had many chances to take the lead and to my knowledge we never did, the guys fought hard though. Lots to build on, just hate losing home games...

Thoughts on last night's game:

Obviously we are not going to win many (any?) games in which Manek goes 1-7 and Reaves has as many turnovers as field goals made. They simply have to step it up or we aren't going anywhere. Manek is just a liability on defense, it's that simple. We can't really go small when he's in the game because he can't defend the post. If we go too big he can't defend on the perimeter. It's a real quandary.

I'm not sure this experiment with Reaves at point guard is going to work. Sure he can play the point against bad teams. But good teams are going to attack him when he's trying to handle the ball and start the offense. He had 4 turnovers and only 3 assists in the game. I'm not sure Kuath needs to see the floor unless it's garbage time or to give the others a rest. He simply did nothing in this game. Why is he out there? He can't really defend and he's still lost on both ends.

Bright spots: Gibson has a very sweet stroke and it looks like he can play some defense. I think he needs to be on the floor and possibly start. Harmon played very well on offense. He can really stick the mid-range. Vic gave us lots of energy off the bench. 8 points and 10 rebounds is outstanding. I think he needs to start and take the rebounding and defensive pressure off of Manek.

One of our big problems going forward is that the guys that give us lots of energy and disrupt the other team on defense are also the guys that can't really score. Lon may have to juggle some lineups to get the best mix in the game.

Thoughts on last night's game:

Obviously we are not going to win many (any?) games in which Manek goes 1-7 and Reaves has as many turnovers as field goals made. They simply have to step it up or we aren't going anywhere. Manek is just a liability on defense, it's that simple. We can't really go small when he's in the game because he can't defend the post. If we go too big he can't defend on the perimeter. It's a real quandary.

I'm not sure this experiment with Reaves at point guard is going to work. Sure he can play the point against bad teams. But good teams are going to attack him when he's trying to handle the ball and start the offense. He had 4 turnovers and only 3 assists in the game. I'm not sure Kuath needs to see the floor unless it's garbage time or to give the others a rest. He simply did nothing in this game. Why is he out there? He can't really defend and he's still lost on both ends.

Bright spots: Gibson has a very sweet stroke and it looks like he can play some defense. I think he needs to be on the floor and possibly start. Harmon played very well on offense. He can really stick the mid-range. Vic gave us lots of energy off the bench. 8 points and 10 rebounds is outstanding. I think he needs to start and take the rebounding and defensive pressure off of Manek.

One of our big problems going forward is that the guys that give us lots of energy and disrupt the other team on defense are also the guys that can't really score. Lon may have to juggle some lineups to get the best mix in the game.

This.

I wish Kruger could find a way to start Vic. He exactly what OU needs from a rebounding and defense perspective. He actually has a mid range jumper from time to time. His one back to the basket attempt was awful. But, i'm willing to ride with him and let him get a feel. Jalen Hill maybe not start, but man he does so much well. I LOVED that OU was hitting the offensive glass with such authority. Vic and Hill played so physical. Is Hill like Doolittle a couple years ago? We think he can score but he just doesn't try? These two need to continue to get AT LEAST 20 minutes a game moving forward. I also was impressed with Gibson's D.

Kuath had to have been in the dog house or something... 10 minutes of PT, no fouls, 1-2 from the field. He either did something unforgivable on defense or something outside of this game. Makes no sense.

He played 25 minutes against Xavier and 27 minutes against TCU, and was effective in both games.

Kuath had to have been in the dog house or something... 10 minutes of PT, no fouls, 1-2 from the field. He either did something unforgivable on defense or something outside of this game. Makes no sense.

He played 25 minutes against Xavier and 27 minutes against TCU, and was effective in both games.

I thought his defense was horrid plus 0 rebounds

Sometimes you have to give the other guy credit. Tech played very strong defense and largely forced us out of our normal game. Manek never got near a clean open trey.

They also got a lot of breaks on balls that rolled and dropped in while many of our rolled and dropped out.

Our weakness continues to be defense inside.

Thought there was an exceptional amount of rough play allowed. That hurt us.

Agreed, Reaves is NOT a pg! His ball handling makes me so nervous, i believe at one point he dribbled the ball off of his foot! I think our sophomore class was impressive, and its our veterans that sucked big time - it's like they don't believe we can hang with a team that's ranked, on account of their previous three years of mediocrity in this conference. Very disappointed in Manek and Kuath, what a bunch of sissies they were last night! The next few games can/most likely will all be losses, unless our upper classmen step up!

If he was in the doghouse he would not have started. He's just lost out there against quicker opponents and when he has to come out from under the basket to defend. He also has very little offensive game, even though he is developing a nice little jumpshot.

By the way, we shot 27 free throws and they only shot 10 so we can't really blame the officiating. They had a few calls go against them. The most notable one was the and-one that wasn't called. Also, Reaves gets a foul called almost every time he does the James Harden "I'VE BEEN SHOT!" head spasm.

Back