OUhoops exclusive real deal at the rock coverage

Anything is possible for him because he has real skill and has good athleticism. Question for me is, can he shun all the "rec-center mentality" that he shows in the summer, and really learn the PG position? Cannot properly evaluate that from where I or any other observer sits.

Some can and some can't. The rec centers in major metropolitan areas around this country are littered with stellar ball players who simply couldn't find a way to compete at a high level of organized ball. If I had to guess, he'll probably end up an undersized 2 at the next level unless he plays in a dribble-weave, motion-type offensive system.

appreciate the thoughts.

Depending on where and when you saw Jeff, you most likely saw him coaching the 13u Texas Titans (he heads them up when the normal skipper, Scott Pospichal, cannot due to scheduling conflicts). Trust me when I say Julius was with 15's all weekend, as they won the championship without much resistance. They have a couple of special 2013 players. That class is loaded with national-level talent in the DFW area!
Thanks for the info on that, I just caught the tail end of their game and assumed based on Jeff coaching, the Texas Titans uniform and the size of the kids (those were some big 13 year olds) they were the 15s. Too bad I missed out on Randle, he is a fun kid to watch for his size and skill set.

Going to try to clean up this thread and post some more info over the next couple days. Right now working on some video from this and some other high school games/tournaments.

Back