Sooner Cager is this weekend

DM/Sam and whoever watched Jackson. How highly recruited do you think this kid will be? I want to say I've read somewhere that Kansas was already taking a strong look at him, but I could be mistaken. Is he going to be that good?
Not sure if Kansas is looking at him, I know I have seen a quote of him saying his "dream school" was KU (barf). I didnt see much of him on Saturday, the two teams athlete's first played that day were over matched (52-19 at the half of one of them). I didn't make it to any of Sunday's games and from what DM said he had a better showing. So I would like to see his complete game more (he showed great quickness and hops from what I did see) before saying he is a Kansas type but based on the reports I read from the Boo Williams I really think he will end up being a rivals top 150 guy for 2012.

Not sure if Kansas is looking at him, I know I have seen a quote of him saying his "dream school" was KU (barf). I didnt see much of him on Saturday, the two teams athlete's first played that day were over matched (52-19 at the half of one of them). I didn't make it to any of Sunday's games and from what DM said he had a better showing. So I would like to see his complete game more (he showed great quickness and hops from what I did see) before saying he is a Kansas type but based on the reports I read from the Boo Williams I really think he will end up being a rivals top 150 guy for 2012.

I mean Kansas's roster isn't full of elite athletes. If I were to compare his upside to Morningstar or Reed as far as potential is concerned, I would give the nod to Jackson. However, his problem may be the problem that Releford of KU has. He's a great transitional player, but in the half court, he's back to earth a bit. He needs to either become lights out from distance and beef up a bit or get his ball handling rock solid.

I liked Wilson and Spangler those guys could be role players for me any day. Wilson was wearing a knee brace so it

He appeared to have a really good feel and understanding of the game, especially for a 2013 kid. Would just pop open in the midrange and bury a jumper or crash the boards and get a put back. Looked like a guy with a lot of potential

DM, I gotta agree with Brett on Wilson from East Central. He seemed to remind me some of Armaic Fields, although not quite as tall or athletic. He still has some good ups and would be a good mid major forward. Spangler seemed like a tough, physical kid who appeared to be a good 6'8. Would be a good fit for ORU/TU.

I'm not sold on Richardson yet, he appeared to be more athletic than I remembered but he also seemed to play out of control at times. Not sure what to make of him as being a high major guy.

I think right now the Page comparison fits Clark but he has much more potential than Page has ever had. He has to be more than just a Keiton type guy to get an offer from Marquette this early in his career. Also I think he might have some more room to grow as I saw one of his older brothers at the tournament and he appeared to be a good 6 foot. If Stevie can keep growing he could be a really dangerous combo guard.

Wilson and Spangler could play for me any day. If I were to compare Wilson to someone, it would probably be CJ Washington. I was really impressed with his footwork. I've read alot of negative stuff about Wilson and initially I didn't know who he was when I was watching him. After I asked someone, all the negative stuff I heard didn't make sense. As for Richardson, I'm in the same boat as you. You hear so much about him and frankly I was ready to be blown away. I wasn't. I see why he's a prospect. He's real solid and real sound, but he's not a Cade Davis or Tony Crocker potential player. As for the Clark/Page comparison, I've watched Page since the 6th grade. Watching Clark was like watching page as a Sophomore. Both guys use multiple dribble fake moves to get into the lane, both guys are straight ahead three point shooters, however, Page has much more range. On the 15u squad, Clark could get wherever he wanted to whenever he wanted to. On the 17u squad, he didn't have that luxury. I agree, I think he has the potential to get to atleast 6'ft. If he gets there, he will have more upside. And that says alot, because page is a two time starter and double digit scorer for a two time tourney team.

Wilson and Spangler could play for me any day. If I were to compare Wilson to someone, it would probably be CJ Washington. I was really impressed with his footwork. I've read alot of negative stuff about Wilson and initially I didn't know who he was when I was watching him. After I asked someone, all the negative stuff I heard didn't make sense. As for Richardson, I'm in the same boat as you. You hear so much about him and frankly I was ready to be blown away. I wasn't. I see why he's a prospect. He's real solid and real sound, but he's not a Cade Davis or Tony Crocker potential player. As for the Clark/Page comparison, I've watched Page since the 6th grade. Watching Clark was like watching page as a Sophomore. Both guys use multiple dribble fake moves to get into the lane, both guys are straight ahead three point shooters, however, Page has much more range. On the 15u squad, Clark could get wherever he wanted to whenever he wanted to. On the 17u squad, he didn't have that luxury. I agree, I think he has the potential to get to atleast 6'ft. If he gets there, he will have more upside. And that says alot, because page is a two time starter and double digit scorer for a two time tourney team.

Totally agree on the Clark/Page comparison. It's what I've been saying about him all year. I think Page was really crafty with his dribble and it seems like Clark will get there as well.

My nephew played in the tourney against AF the first night (and was blown out!). He said that Nino was head and shoulders above all the other guys. He played him in the regular season as well and said he actually is a pretty good shooter as well but his strength is his speed and athleticism.

Back