OUHoops' Nike EYBL in Dallas Coverage

Sam

Reaction score
This weekend in Frisco, TX the Nike EYBL is in town at Fieldhouse USA.

The EYBL is in its second year of existence as a part of Nike's summer circuit and features 40 of the top teams in the country.

Here are some of the players who should be showing up on OU's recruiting radar that will be at the event. I'm going to try to get video on some, at least watch them to give my opinion on them and possibly some interviews as well.

CIA Bounce, Canada
Anthony Bennett, 6'8 PF, Findley Prep
Top 100 nationally Candian native now in Las Vegas at Findley Prep

Richy Peters, 6'9 C, Westwind Prep
Former OU commit during the Capel regime.

Team Takeover

Jerami Grant, 6'7 SF, Dematha
Harvey's son, visited last September, a top 50 kid nation wide.

Houston Hoops
J-Mychal Reese, 6'1 Combo Guard, Bryan, TX
One of the top scorers in Texas and top 40 nationally.

Team Florida
Allerik Freeman, 6'4 shooting guard, Charlotte, NC
Top 50 nation wide kid, dont know much about his game but I saw that OU offered him last week. Just took an unofficial to Baylor yesterday.

Texas Titans
Julius Randle, 6'8 power forward, Plano Prestonwood
Top recruit in 2013 in the nation that OU and everyone else in the nation is trying to get. I've been told he has a banged up ankle so he isn't 100%.

Matt Jones, 6'4 shooting guard, Desoto
Great shooter, top 30 in the nation has listed OU this spring

Athletes First
Stevie Clark, 5'10 combo guard, Douglass
Unlimited range, one of the top 3 sophomores in Oklahoma

Jordan Woodard, 6'0, Edmond Memorial
Another one of the top 3 sophomores in Oklahoma, I consider him to be a true point guard that has a great feel for the game

Shaq Morris, 6'8 Edmond Santa Fe
I'm assuming he will be with them this weekend as supposedly he's not going to be with the Compton Magic anymore and was the AF's 16U team this past weekend.

There are some other names that supposedly have OU interest/OU is interested in that I'm going to be checking out but for now this is the main core of guys.

Sounds like some great names there, Sam. Did William go with you down to Frisco?

Sam, don't forget there will be considerable talent playing in the Next Level Spring Showcase running parallel to the EYBL this weekend at both the Fieldhouse and at the IAD. Hit me up if you need link to schedule, etc. I will be attending both.

FYI, regional scouts like Jim Hicks, Glenn Smith, texashoops, and texasroundball will be here; in addition to, national guys like Evan Daniels, Paul Biancardi, and others.

This is as big as they get in the metroplex. Nike has done this thing the right way for sure!

Sam, don't forget there will be considerable talent playing in the Next Level Spring Showcase running parallel to the EYBL this weekend at both the Fieldhouse and at the IAD. Hit me up if you need link to schedule, etc. I will be attending both.

FYI, regional scouts like Jim Hicks, Glenn Smith, texashoops, and texasroundball will be here; in addition to, national guys like Evan Daniels, Paul Biancardi, and others.

This is as big as they get in the metroplex. Nike has done this thing the right way for sure!

Any updates that you could provide us would be wonderful, Daze. :OUbball-logo:

Some of those guys are not from Oklahoma or Texas, therefore we should not be recruiting them....:D

I would love to see a schedule for the Next Level, I have a busy schedule with the EYBL but I should be able to fit in some of their games as there are a few breaks.

BT, Jennings isn't coming with me and I'm not going to Saturday morning.

Just recently finished an exciting first session capped off with an amazing performance by Edmond Memorial's Jordan Woodard with Athletes First.

Trailing by double digits against the New York Gauchos with around 3 minutes left Woodard scored 19 straight points to close out the game including a go ahead 3 in the final minute and the game winning 2 with 2 seconds left. He finished with 35 total and was just unstoppable down the stretch.

Just recently finished an exciting first session capped off with an amazing performance by Edmond Memorial's Jordan Woodard with Athletes First.

Trailing by double digits against the New York Gauchos with around 3 minutes left Woodard scored 19 straight points to close out the game including a go ahead 3 in the final minute and the game winning 2 with 2 seconds left. He finished with 35 total and was just unstoppable down the stretch.

Extend that offer LK... If it isnt already!!! Thanks for the update Sam!

wish I could have been there... I have a mole watching many of the same players that Sam listed. I'll give second feedback from this guy- who is a high school coach in the area.

I wish we could get this guy to commit early before the Duke, NC and Kansas of the world come calling. He sounds like his game is about to blow up this summer.

Back