OUHoopsTV >>> OU Commit T.J. Taylor Highlights

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to Coach Curran for sending us video of two games of T.J. on CDs, and to pencilfightchamp for putting the video together.

Also, be sure to bookmark our new YouTube video site at http://www.youtube.com/ouhoopsdotcomtv. This video and other videos made by pencilfightchamp will be compiled onto one page in the future. We will also be adding an OUHoopsTV link to the top of the page soon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeYTJIEHKuo[/ame]

Very impressive. He's got to learn how to use that other hand though. He's got to be able to substain it and not just use it in the terms of faking one way and then coming back the other. If you look at 1:47, he had a layup blocked where he did drive with his off hand, but came back to his strong hand to lay the ball up. That's a cardinal sin. He'll improve his ballhandling, but after watching that clip, I'm not as sold on him being a PG prospect for the immediate future.

Someone compared his game to Terrell Everett on a post earlier, and that was a spot on analysis. Funny thing is Terrell was a one sided player like TJ who dribbled the ball in front of the defenders face the same way. Terrell was also very strong going to his one side and in some cases could get to that side regardless of the defense. TJ is a strong dribble drive guy. He's not neccessarily a quick dribble drive guy like the Rose's, Brandon Knight's, Bledsoe's, and Wall's, but he does go to the whole with force similar to Terrell Everett. When he get's that other hand stronger, It's going to pay divendends. I also like the fact that he can shoot off of the dribble. According to scouting reports, shooting is not his strong point, but he showed in this clip he has the ability to shoot off of the dribble and to shoot a shot contested. Shooting a contested shot is huge on the D1 level as most wing catches are defended. I don't know if he has a catch and shoot game though. Playing on the wing is essential for the catch and shoot game. Cade Davis, a guy who looked very similar to TJ's film didn't have a catch and shoot game in High School and now has improved with that drastically. This aspect of the game is key because percentages go down from shooting at the top of the key, which TJ did on his film, from shooting on the wing. Especially with Players who are use to dominating the ball.

OUHoopsTV is a great Idea. Keep up the good work fellas.

Re: OU Commit T.J. Taylor Highlights

I hate that comparison because Jerrells is selfish, overdribbles, and one diminsional. He is only effective with the ball in his hand and doesn't look to pass. Everett is also dominant on the ball but was very unselfish. Randy Foye is a guy who he reminds me of somewhat and also Jamal Tinsley but not as good a handler.

He would be a very good 1-4, spread the court out, player.

Hopefully, one of the best recruiting reporters around, Eric Bossi, will not mind if I share what he had to say about T. J. He was obviously impressed by what he saw at the Nike Memorial Day Classic in Georgia last weekend:

T.J. Taylor, SG/PG, Team Texas- Oklahoma scored themselves a solid recruit in the Texan. A solidly built combo guard, he isn’t flashy, but he’s certainly effective and contributes all over the floor. He’s got the strength to absorb contact and finish on nifty drives and floaters in the lane, is capable of getting after it on defense and knocks down just enough jumpers to keep defenders honest.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/867359.html

Thanks for the video, Coach Curran!!!

Hopefully, one of the best recruiting reporters around, Eric Bossi, will not mind if I share what he had to say about T. J. He was obviously impressed by what he saw at the Nike Memorial Day Classic in Georgia last weekend:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/867359.html

Thanks for the video, Coach Curran!!!

ESPN also has him close to the Top 30 now. Looks like a great find by Capel. Hopefully his early work will help on Cam Clark too.

Back