Replacing Trae Young: Who the coaches are following on Twitter

The Colorado State guy needs to be priority 1.

The Colorado State guy needs to be priority 1.

Strong disagree. With 1 spot available, the team needs a really good guard, especially one who can handle the point. I'd give that up for a great shooter along the lines of Taylor because he can score in bunches. But college basketball is a guard's game and this team needs a really good guard.

Strong disagree. With 1 spot available, the team needs a really good guard, especially one who can handle the point. I'd give that up for a great shooter along the lines of Taylor because he can score in bunches. But college basketball is a guard's game and this team needs a really good guard.

I'd be shocked if we don't have atleast 3 spots..

I'd be shocked if we don't have atleast 3 spots..

I'd be shocked if we did, unless Polla goes back to Europe and Freeman goes back to New Zealand. I guess Shepherd could transfer but he stands to play a lot more next year with Trae gone unless Kruger just tells him that he won't.

I'd be shocked if we did, unless Polla goes back to Europe and Freeman goes back to New Zealand. I guess Shepherd could transfer but he stands to play a lot more next year with Trae gone unless Kruger just tells him that he won't.

Shepard would never transfer. Look at lazenby, freeman, and a wildcard (like mcgusty or someone)

Are we looking at anyone else besides grad transfers?

Trice averages 12.6 points per game (55.3 percent from the field) and 12.1 rebounds per game (No. 3 in the country JUCO).

Reports offers from New Mexico, Kansas State, Illinois, and Washington State. Per 247, he has an official visit set up to Oklahoma on Apr. 14.

Trice averages 12.6 points per game (55.3 percent from the field) and 12.1 rebounds per game (No. 3 in the country JUCO).

Reports offers from New Mexico, Kansas State, Illinois, and Washington State. Per 247, he has an official visit set up to Oklahoma on Apr. 14.

Thanks for the heads up, Coach!

Trice would be a great addition to next year’s team. I love the way he fights for every rebound and loose ball, the way Ryan Spangler used to do. We missed that the last two seasons.

Trice looks very athletic in the video but did not make a three this year and also shot 50% from the line. He is listed at 6-7" which would be very small for a 5 man. If you played him at the 4 he would not stretch the floor. Still very intriguing.

This is interesting, if only because he's obviously not a replacement for Trae. Does the coaching staff think someone already on the roster can run the point full-time? I'd be surprised. This points to the possibility that they're expecting someone else to leave, probably a big. To me, this suggests Polla or Freeman.

Also checking in on JUCO PG from Hutch CC. name slips me.. Ill edit

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

Some juco names to consider. The list hasn't been updated in over a month though, so some of these kids may have committed elsewhere.

Anyone else find it funny that some guys on here have already been clamoring over Trice and others have trashed the commitment of Kuath (mainly due to weight) and yet Kuath is ranked #13 on the list and Trice is #56?

I have not seen much of either guy but obviously rankings don't always tell the story either way. Just sort of made me laugh that we're asking for more talent and it seems like some have written Kuath off already before he steps on campus but are hoping that Trice commits to OU.

IF both make it in, maybe it'll light a fire under some of these other guys in terms of toughness/rebounding which is a major need in the post for this team.

Back