PF Marquis Hill-Buxton (2011 Douglass HS OKC)

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Looks like the big fella had a good showing at the Lucas tournament this past weekend. Might be a sleeper type recruit to keep an eye on out of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma City big man Marquis Baxton-Hill had his moments on Monday powering through defenders scoring a number of easy baskets as well as tip ins off of offensive rebounds. At 6-8 and 235-240-pounds, Baxton-Hill was one of the more physical players on Monday

One thing that sucks is that it appears that OU didn't send anyone down for the Lucas tournament. It was mostly 2011 and 2012 guys, but still, we should have had someone there!

Lucas’ event brought out many head coaches on Monday morning including Bill Self of Kansas, Lorenzo Romar of Washington, Travis Ford of Oklahoma State, Doug Pelfrey of Arkansas, Mark Turgeon of Texas A&M, Pat Knight of Texas Tech, Rex Walters of San Fransisco, Tom Penders of Houston and many others.

Many college programs were represented by assistant coaches as well including Texas (Rodney Terry), Georgia Tech, Maryland, LSU, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, Villanova, New Mexico, Memphis (Willis Wilson), Arkansas (Rob Evans), UTEP, Oral Roberts, Central Florida, TCU, Wichita State, Tulane, Washington, Texas State (Terrence Rencher), FIU, and every Southland Conference program

I agree. When it says "and many others", we know that what is published is just a partial list of schools represented.

No doubt, but you would think a power like Oklahoma would be listed, and not be in the many others category.....

Also not listed are: Indiana, Louisville, Kentucky, UCLA, UCONN, etc.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to a OU coach not being there if that was truly the case. The thing that you want to remember is that John Lucas and Coach Capel are very tight. Even though Jai didn't come here. John Lucas has helped Coach Capel make very good progress in the Houston area as far as recruiting goes. I wouldn't worry about this too much. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Got to watch Buxton-Hill play, and I don't think he is OU caliber. Didn't move well, not as big as thought he would be, and didn't show a lot of offensive promise. ORU at best imo.

Back