State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013(THIS IS AN OLD THREAD)

Re: State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013

I think a lot more of the Rainey kid than most I think. I really think he is going to be an impact D-1 kid. I hope OU recruits him. I just don't see any real weaknesses in the kid. If we aren't recruiting him, I wonder what the issues are? For a guard, he is tall, athletic, good handles and can shoot. He is a volumn shooter, but what really good high school players aren't. They are usually their teams best player and are encouraged to take the most shots.

By the way, I think the early signing date next year is critical. We might struggle some due to inexperiance next year and this could bring out the boo birds and media critizims of Capel and that could hurt us in the late signing date. So if we can sign a couple good kids early, this could help create positive vibes or hope that he can and will turn the program around.
I agree 100%!

I think a lot more of the Rainey kid than most I think. I really think he is going to be an impact D-1 kid. I hope OU recruits him. I just don't see any real weaknesses in the kid. If we aren't recruiting him, I wonder what the issues are? For a guard, he is tall, athletic, good handles and can shoot. He is a volumn shooter, but what really good high school players aren't. They are usually their teams best player and are encouraged to take the most shots.

By the way, I think the early signing date next year is critical. We might struggle some due to inexperiance next year and this could bring out the boo birds and media critizims of Capel and that could hurt us in the late signing date. So if we can sign a couple good kids early, this could help create positive vibes or hope that he can and will turn the program around.

Here is where the real damage of the silence by the AD and Jeff hurt us IMHO...I think we would be all over some guys early, but now every recruiting effort is clouded by Capel "maybe" being on a short leash. That said, Oklahoma kids may be more likely to want to play for OU under any circumstance.

The two times I've seen Rainey I don't really see it. I haven't seen him shoot well and he appears to only be closer to the 6'1/6'2 range than the listed 6'4. He has a really nice quick step but baring attrition we are in really good shape on the perimeter for the next couple years.

Gonna bump this thread. Wondering if DM or grace have names to add to it this fall.

Yeah, there are some new names. Most of the 2013 some 2012. Edmond Memorial has three good prospects. Obi Omegano a 6'2 guard in 2011 who has a chance go get a D1 offer, James Woodard, another guard in 2012 that's a pretty good player, and Jordan Woodard who is right behind Clark, Parker, and Zach Rodgers in 2013. Nico Meadows of Northwest Classen is another 2013 kid that's pretty nice to go along with Don Simmons of Tulsa Edison. Taggart Lockart is a small school kid from Talihina.

What kind of looks is the kid from Southmoore getting?

What kind of looks is the kid from Southmoore getting?

IDK. The problem with Oklahoma is that they don't have the promotion of Basketball like Texas. A lot of Oklahoma kids don't put out there like the Texas kids and then you see some of the Oklahoma kids going juco routes and they pop up on the scene later, like CJ, Tyrus McGee and Wayne Runnels. Texas kids get overhyped.

Now outside of Antwan Space, Thomas Gibson, Nash, and Deangelo Harrison, I would take a starting 5 of the top 5 2011 kids in Oklahoma, Raney, D. Williams, Richardson, Wilson, and Spangler, and would beat the rest of Texas. Now I'm not saying Oklahoma talent is better than Texas. That's especially not the case in 2012 and 2013, but it just doesn't have the same promotion. It's good to see this site start to do some o that.

Yeah, there are some new names. Most of the 2013 some 2012. Edmond Memorial has three good prospects. Obi Omegano a 6'2 guard in 2011 who has a chance go get a D1 offer, James Woodard, another guard in 2012 that's a pretty good player, and Jordan Woodard who is right behind Clark, Parker, and Zach Rodgers in 2013. Nico Meadows of Northwest Classen is another 2013 kid that's pretty nice to go along with Don Simmons of Tulsa Edison. Taggart Lockart is a small school kid from Talihina.

Might want to look into Don Simmons. He was suspended big time for doing his best inpersonation of Alex Spaulding.

Now outside of Antwan Space, Thomas Gibson, Nash, and Deangelo Harrison, I would take a starting 5 of the top 5 2011 kids in Oklahoma, Raney, D. Williams, Richardson, Wilson, and Spangler, and would beat the rest of Texas. Now I'm not saying Oklahoma talent is better than Texas. That's especially not the case in 2012 and 2013, but it just doesn't have the same promotion. It's good to see this site start to do some o that.

Okay DM, I'll take the bait :)

Though I won't argue with you, per se, I will throw out some contrary food for thought on a couple of national-level recruits that you may (or may not) be overlooking. I'm basing this on the fact you included Gip and D'Angelo in your short list for Texas. IMO, neither of them are currently as good as any of the three following players:

• Sheldon McClellan
  • Jordan Williams
  • Devonta Abron

And there are a number of others who are in the same range as TG and DH:

• Julien Lewis
  • Kyan Anderson
  • Jarion Henry

Again, not trying to throw stones, just acknowledging some other quality names from Texas in a class that's otherwise down, relative to previous and future classes, in overall talent.

If you are of the opinion that the four Texas names you provided are better, and would beat the top Oklahoma talent; then I submit for thought an expanded list that includes your four plus the additional 6 I've listed - 10 total.

Might want to look into Don Simmons. He was suspended big time for doing his best inpersonation of Alex Spaulding.

Heard he was a headcase. Ton of talent though. What's up on a kid named Revey Norton?

Is the Richardson kid at Santa Fe OU material?

Is the Richardson kid at Santa Fe OU material?

depends on what OU material is. The thing about Richardson is if he's going to play at OU, he's going to have to be a wing. You're looking at Calvin Newell, Pledger, and Cam at the wings. Then you're talking about a kid in Tyler Neal, that's physically more ready to play than Richardson who is very thin.

depends on what OU material is. The thing about Richardson is if he's going to play at OU, he's going to have to be a wing. You're looking at Calvin Newell, Pledger, and Cam at the wings. Then you're talking about a kid in Tyler Neal, that's physically more ready to play than Richardson who is very thin.

Talking to Santa Fe's coaches they said he has been offered by a ton of mid majors but his family believes he is better than that so he is missing out on some of these Missouri Valley teams who have moved on to other guys.

Heard he was a headcase. Ton of talent though. What's up on a kid named Revey Norton?

I have heard Don was kicked off the team and suspended for a LONG time at Edison. He will probably pop up on some other TPS team.

Who is Revey Norton? Where does he play?

I have heard Don was kicked off the team and suspended for a LONG time at Edison. He will probably pop up on some other TPS team.

Who is Revey Norton? Where does he play?

Central.

Talking to Santa Fe's coaches they said he has been offered by a ton of mid majors but his family believes he is better than that so he is missing out on some of these Missouri Valley teams who have moved on to other guys.

The other side of that is he's going to be around for a high major when players transfer or leave the team.

The other side of that is he's going to be around for a high major when players transfer or leave the team.

That's a dangerous game to play when you really don't have a position at a high major. He isn't a 4 and he isn't a 3.

His coaches seemed disapointed that he was waiting on some of these good mid major teams however that could be just me reading into their body language.

I don't know anything about Revey Norton, at the same time I haven't seen anything Central in a few years since they are down in 4a. I wonder what school he was at before that. Central is one of the hardest working recruiting schools in TPS. Of course the main recruiter is now down in SE oklahoma and had a kid get suspended for the football team.

That's a dangerous game to play when you really don't have a position at a high major. He isn't a 4 and he isn't a 3.

His coaches seemed disapointed that he was waiting on some of these good mid major teams however that could be just me reading into their body language.

I don't know anything about Revey Norton, at the same time I haven't seen anything Central in a few years since they are down in 4a. I wonder what school he was at before that. Central is one of the hardest working recruiting schools in TPS. Of course the main recruiter is now down in SE oklahoma and had a kid get suspended for the football team.

Yeah, it's dangerous, but Coaches do it all the time. OU just did it with Ahmed. The kid has high major offers though, so it's not a matter of a waiting game for bigger offers. I think he ends up at WKU.

This is a fun thread to read if you like to see the progression of Oklahoma High School basketball over the past few years (and in some ways, the coverage of it).

sam,
martin recently mentioned that clint stewart and chris merriewether are coaching an aau team, the bartlesville bruins. have you happened to run across them? what level of aau? any high-major players?

Back