Porter Moser add former Wofford forward Sam Godwin

Northbase

Reaction score
https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-basketball-sooners-porter-moser-add-former-wofford-forward-sam-godwin-via-ncaa-tansfer-portal/article_93ff4e36-b855-11ec-aeff-db27c1ca3007.html
https://twitter.com/SouthmooreHoops...cle_93ff4e36-b855-11ec-aeff-db27c1ca3007.html
FP7ic7vWYAEYTHb

I just checked his stats. I don't get this at all. I guess we aren't in on anybody good. I realize he is from Oklahoma, but so am I. Where's my scholarship?

He's coming in as a walk-on. Not sure who's spot he's taking yet.

This is a great fit. He gets to come home and help the OU team without taking away a spot that can be used for an immediate contributor.

OU is in on other transfers. There's a transfer thread pinned at top.

He's coming in as a walk-on. Not sure who's spot he's taking yet.

This is a great fit. He gets to come home and help the OU team without taking away a spot that can be used for an immediate contributor.

OU is in on other transfers. There's a transfer thread pinned at top.
Walk-on? I missed that. Carry on everyone. Ignore the reactionary in this thread.

Ha, no worries.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/susieanng/status/1512988444896673792[/TWEET]

Godwin is an upgrade over issanza IMO and he is walking on. Guessing he will earn a scholarship before too long. Tremendous addition as a Walk on.

I agree, Tiny!

I’m happy for Sam! I haven’t seen him play in sometime. But, one thing I know for sure, he’s a fine young man from a good family. He’s a steal as a walk on!

Probably would have started for wofford next year. Great skill set…has to work on his body.

Hope this young man can contribute.
Isn't he moving from like Class AA to the Big Leagues?

Godwin is an upgrade over issanza IMO and he is walking on. Guessing he will earn a scholarship before too long. Tremendous addition as a Walk on.

I found out today he isn’t a walk-on.

Maybe with EJ leaving godwin will take the 5th ship.

I would think it would be more likely to do with both Mawein and Big Rick leaving. Had one stayed, we still would have needed another scholarship big for next year. With both leaving, you can let Godwin take Big Rick's scholarship, and still find a backup with Mawein's.

I would think it would be more likely to do with both Mawein and Big Rick leaving. Had one stayed, we still would have needed another scholarship big for next year. With both leaving, you can let Godwin take Big Rick's scholarship, and still find a backup with Mawein's.

OU knew both were leaving before he committed ..

Heard from a friend of mine in Ok who’s son starts at C for Emporia St in Ks.

“Godwin is a legit 6’8 or 6’9 a great teammate, a hard worker, an above average rebounder and a legitimate shot blocker.”
Says he “has a knack for blocking shots” that will surprise you and the kid “can really run and jump” but says “his overall offensive game needs work and he needs to add weight and strength” ….
Said he thinks Moser will really be good for him …

Take that for what it’s worth…

Back