post players & recruiting

luckyc1423

Reaction score
If we get this big 7 footer to commit on saturday, I still think we need a scoring low post player....the 7 footer may almost cure some defensive issues but he will be a liability on offense...If gallon gets in foul trouble we will be all guards on the offesnvie end....If we fail to get a offensive post player and gallon continues to be in foul trouble I think we will keep struggling

Here is what I would like to see

1) 7 footer -- almost cures defensive issues
2) 6'7 or 6'8 kid -- athletic and able to score
3) Another 2 guard that is quick

with cam and tj that would be a very solid class

As it sits right now for our guards coming back we have
1) TMG - fast/quick
2) Cade - slow
3) Willis - slow
4) Cam - fast/quick
5) taylor - "not sure of his speed"
6) Pledger - slow

I think we also desperately need to add a real quick guard to help tmg with all the other slow guards we have

I dont think I would call Cade slow....He is by no means "fast/quick" but not slow.

Jones and Aziz puts us in a REALLY good spot for next year with 4 impact players coming in...

Jones and Aziz puts us in a REALLY good spot for next year with 4 impact players coming in...

I completely agree....I just dont think Jones is on us as hard as he was in the fall...I hope I am wrong

If we get this big 7 footer to commit on saturday, I still think we need a scoring low post player....the 7 footer may almost cure some defensive issues but he will be a liability on offense...If gallon gets in foul trouble we will be all guards on the offesnvie end....If we fail to get a offensive post player and gallon continues to be in foul trouble I think we will keep struggling

Here is what I would like to see

1) 7 footer -- almost cures defensive issues
2) 6'7 or 6'8 kid -- athletic and able to score
3) Another 2 guard that is quick

with cam and tj that would be a very solid class

As it sits right now for our guards coming back we have
1) TMG - fast/quick
2) Cade - slow
3) Willis - slow
4) Cam - fast/quick
5) taylor - "not sure of his speed"
6) Pledger - slow

I think we also desperately need to add a real quick guard to help tmg with all the other slow guards we have
Cade slow?
He might not be an elite level athlete, but I think given his already above average athleticism + his non stop motor he is anything but slow.

Also based on what I've seen from T.J. I would consider him similar to Cade, probably a tad bit naturally quicker though.

Wouldn't consider Ray really slow either, think he would be closer to average as he is a pretty good athlete.

Back to recruiting

I think a good way to end this class realistically would be this.

Aziz N’diaye - defensive minded 7 footer, juco with 3 years to play

Will Yeguette/Majok Majok - both are high school kids who are 6'7-6'8 power forwards. Majok is more athletic than Will based on what I've read but Yeguette is a hardworker, who is known for his rebounding. Both seem like good compliments to Tiny and Aziz.

I really don't have a preference on the 5th spot, I would just hope that the kid we take with this scholarship is worth it (back up true PG or a juco guard/wing that would actually step in and contribute). Maybe hold it for Terrence Jones as it seems his recruitment will be Jai Lucas like and who knows we could get lucky.

Last edited:
Tony Smith out of Seward seems like a good get. I wonder how hard we are recruiting him

The guard needs to be a point or combo. We also need a kid that can catch and is quick off the floor.

If we were to get T. Jones we wouldn't need a point/combo. He can legitimately play either position. Think Earvin Johnson.

If we were to get T. Jones we wouldn't need a point/combo. He can legitimately play either position. Think Earvin Johnson.

Any chance you might able to get over to Jefferson and scout a game or two for us, 79?

We all agree that we need big kids, but I don't think we need any guards except a backup PG for TMG.

Cade slow?
He might not be an elite level athlete, but I think given his already above average athleticism + his non stop motor he is anything but slow.

Cade Davis is an elite athlete. He starts as a wing in the Big XII. Why do fans have a need to say stuff like this? He is fast, he has good hand eye coordination, he has a huge vertical, he is agile and he is strong.

Cade Davis is an elite athlete. He starts as a wing in the Big XII. Why do fans have a need to say stuff like this? He is fast, he has good hand eye coordination, he has a huge vertical, he is agile and he is strong.

They say it because they have little or no basketball knowledge?

Any chance you might able to get over to Jefferson and scout a game or two for us, 79?

I'll try to get there for their game tomorrow.

Went to see TJ play tonight. You know how it is with a player when he's having a so-so night and still has 20+ when the coach pulls him 6 minutes into the third? Well that's what I saw tonight. He came out and fired up two stinkers from beyond the arc on Jefferson's first three possessions and let his man blow right by him on d for the easy layup. Coach had him sitting for awhile after that. When he returned he showed a little more energy and actually looked best when taking the ball to the basket. Finally made a 3 pointer and hit all four free throws in the first half (missed 6 of 8 in the second). His defense is lackadaisical for lack of a better word and he was always defending on the wing rather than the low post. They played man defense exclusively. Still had 15 points by the half and a couple of outrageous assists.

In the second half they moved him from the wing to low post on the offensive end and he totally dominated....which isn't hard to do when your as talented as he is at 6'9" and the tallest player on the other team is 6'5". Jefferson would have beaten Roosevelt by double digits without Jones so not sure if his lack of energy/effort was related to that or not. Although I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, my wife told me he was playing with the big head and showing little respect for his opponent.

The best thing I noticed about him was his court vision and passing ability. The negative would be his effort (at least tonight) on defense. Thought his jump shot release was a little slow, but maybe he was trying too much to get set....went 1-6 from 3 point range.

They had another player named Madison. A 6'6" wing who reminded me so much of Cade. He could shoot from beyond the arc, take it to the basket, rebound, and played aggressive defense.

Anyway, that's it. He's an unusual talent that's for sure and maybe tonight was somewhat of a letdown after being on ESPN2 and considering the opposition.

Back