Pressey dunk

DFWHoopster

Reaction score
Check out this link to future Baylor PG Phil Pressey's dunk during the AAU tournament this past weekend.

I'm kidding about the future Baylor part... Sort of...

You need to click on the right hand side under videos.

http://www.metroplexhoops.com/

Also an interesting link to the top 80 DFW high school players of all time on that website.

Why do you think he ends up at Baylor? Is OU a legit player? How about MU?

Why do you think he ends up at Baylor? Is OU a legit player? How about MU?

I personally think it comes down to OU, MU or Baylor for him. Each school has an angle:

OU- top program; AAU teammates Taylor and maybe Clark.

MU- great system for PG; Anderson tight with dad

BU- parents value private education; dribble drive offense; great opportunity to control the show after Carter and Wall are gone

His high school coach played at A&M so don't discount their chances although they have a bigtimer in Branch in the wings. OU may have the same issue with TMG.

I personally think it comes down to OU, MU or Baylor for him. Each school has an angle:

OU- top program; AAU teammates Taylor and maybe Clark.

MU- great system for PG; Anderson tight with dad

BU- parents value private education; dribble drive offense; great opportunity to control the show after Carter and Wall are gone

His high school coach played at A&M so don't discount their chances although they have a bigtimer in Branch in the wings. OU may have the same issue with TMG.

He's said his early favorites are Florida, LSU, and OU. LSU has to have a better than average chance of getting this kid based purely on the fact that his father is on Byron Scott's staff. The one strike against LSU is how long is Byron going to be with the Hornets.

Luckily for Baylor, Pressey will probably sign before Scott Drew firmly plants himself on the hot seat after next season. If he waits until spring, things may be different.

Why do you think Baylor?

I don't have much insight here. I know his parents like Baylor's staff and Pressey is Baylor's #1 target for the Fall. He would step into a starting role with Carter graduating. He might not want to wait his turn at OU with TMG there. If Missouri has a top 25 year I think they will be in the hunt. OU, Baylor and MU are the names I am hearing from my Dallas connections.

I don't have much insight here. I know his parents like Baylor's staff and Pressey is Baylor's #1 target for the Fall. He would step into a starting role with Carter graduating. He might not want to wait his turn at OU with TMG there. If Missouri has a top 25 year I think they will be in the hunt. OU, Baylor and MU are the names I am hearing from my Dallas connections.

Again, in a recent interview he identified OU, LSU, and Florida as schools of interest. He plans on visiting all of those schools this summer unofficially and probably will take in some of OU this weekend. As an OU fan I'm more worried about LSU than Baylor.

Bu = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bu = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes- those who graduate from Baylor tend to secure a high income and generally do well financially. I am sure Drew points this out to potential recruits. With the talent that is stockpiling in the big 12... some of these kids will have a legitimate shot to play pro.

More of a long-winded answer than seniorsooner but I am sure our message is the same.

Pretty sure $$$ would not be an issue to the Presseys, except maybe to turn them away from a program.

Paul Pressey was as classy as they come, that would not lure him.

Didn't Pressey say in his interview with 1520 that he was leaning toward OU right now because of TJ? He volunteered the information, after listing a bunch of schools he was looking at and then being asked what he thought of OU... he said he was probably leaning that way right now, that he didn't care about tradition or anything but just who the people were--who the players and coaches were and whether there was PT available. And he said he, TJ, and Cameron were close.

Is that about what was said (that was last week, I think)?

Didn't Pressey say in his interview with 1520 that he was leaning toward OU right now because of TJ? He volunteered the information, after listing a bunch of schools he was looking at and then being asked what he thought of OU... he said he was probably leaning that way right now, that he didn't care about tradition or anything but just who the people were--who the players and coaches were and whether there was PT available. And he said he, TJ, and Cameron were close.

I didn't hear that interview, but the prevailing thought right now is that Pressey and Clark are OU leans. There is a long way to go with both of them but everything you look for points to that. I thought it was interesting that Clark came on along with Taylor to do a radio interview with Hale days after TJ committed. I couldn't remember something like that happening. Then TJ threw out the line "I don't know what he's waiting for" that at least suggested that they have talked about it.

Taking nothing for granted, I think OU is in great shape with both of them.

That's exactly what he said. I like the fact tht Sawyer and DFWHoopster post on this board, but they are blowing MU and BU homer smoke. In fairness to that interview, I'm sure Pressey was quite aware of the interest of the listeners of that raidio Station. My hunch is that OU and LSU are pretty even. One thing with this kid is that he has moved around alot and being close to home will probably not factor in too much.

That's exactly what he said. I like the fact tht Sawyer and DFWHoopster post on this board, but they are blowing MU and BU homer smoke. In fairness to that interview, I'm sure Pressey was quite aware of the interest of the listeners of that raidio Station. My hunch is that OU and LSU are pretty even. One thing with this kid is that he has moved around alot and being close to home will probably not factor in too much.

What smoke have I blown? Everything I've said about Pressey and MU is fact.

Back