Pressey names new leader

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
according to an Arizona Wildcat interview, UCONN is leading the way with Arizona and Missouri in the mix. Mentioned Baylor as well.

...At this time he currently says he favors UCONN and may commit soon, but he has also stated he will visit Arizona before he makes a decision.

Would like to see this cat stay in the Big 12.

Does that help/hurt/have no effect on Clark? I would think him going to UConn might help lessen the pull Arizona would have on Clark. Ebi Ere's first year was the last time I really remember OU having a dominant wing and that would be a great fit. I really want Clark and Cobbins...

Well, if he isnt going to OU than I would rather not see him in the Big 12. Looks like UCONN or Zona.

I really dont think OU will sign a pure point guard in this class.

I still am hearing that Baylor has a good shot here. I'm not discrediting Arizona but all indications in Dallas is that he is choosing between UConn, Baylor and Mizzou. Mom wants him at BU. Dad is tight with Anderson. Phil seems to be enamored lately with UConn. We'll see how it plays out.

I still am hearing that Baylor has a good shot here. I'm not discrediting Arizona but all indications in Dallas is that he is choosing between UConn, Baylor and Mizzou. Mom wants him at BU. Dad is tight with Anderson. Phil seems to be enamored lately with UConn. We'll see how it plays out.

I hope he ends up at either Baylor or Mizzou. I would love to see him in Anderson's offense.

hopefully his parents stay out of the process. if he wants to be at uconn, then he should go there.

hopefully his parents stay out of the process. if he wants to be at uconn, then he should go there.

No doubt it has to be Phil's decision. But at 18 years old wise counsel is needed. And there are plenty of voices in the world of college basketball that don't have the kids best interest at heart.

I hope he goes to Baylor or Mizzou. There is a logjam of talent at UConn at the guard position. UConn is going hard after the Tenn decommit- Selby. At Baylor or Mizzou, I think he could be another DJ Augustine.

No doubt it has to be Phil's decision. But at 18 years old wise counsel is needed. And there are plenty of voices in the world of college basketball that don't have the kids best interest at heart.

I hope he goes to Baylor or Mizzou. There is a logjam of talent at UConn at the guard position. UConn is going hard after the Tenn decommit- Selby. At Baylor or Mizzou, I think he could be another DJ Augustine.

I would be really surprised if he ended up being in the same league as Augustine. Also, one could argue that Baylor has a logjam at the guard spot right now. You guys are bringing in two guys this year that can play the point.

I also hope that it is HIS decision, and not his parents.

Kemba Walker was one of the top freshman in the country last year as a freshman PG. Darius Smith is a top 15 national PG coming into UConn this year. Why go to a school two deep with underclassman PG's? Pressey is too small to play SG, so he would split time at the point three ways? Calhoun could be the best developer of talent in the country. Will Calhoun even be there after this year?

Mike Anderson's game makes the most sense to me. The problem with Mizzou now is they lack talent at every position. They made a deep run in the NCAA's and followed it up with a marginal recruiting classes. They have ZERO commits for 2010. They're in danger of becoming the new Texas Tech. Three new JUCO's each year.

Baylor will only have one PG on the roster in 2010. Pressey won't learn how to play defense in Waco. He may not be asked to play defense based on what I watched last year. If Baylor added Pressey, I could see them making a run at the conference title in 2010. Perry Jones is about to move into a top 5 overall national rank at both rivals/scout. Dunn will be a senior and they have 3-4 guys at SF now.

Kemba Walker was one of the top freshman in the country last year as a freshman PG. Darius Smith is a top 15 national PG coming into UConn this year. Why go to a school two deep with underclassman PG's? Pressey is too small to play SG, so he would split time at the point three ways? Calhoun could be the best developer of talent in the country. Will Calhoun even be there after this year?

Mike Anderson's game makes the most sense to me. The problem with Mizzou now is they lack talent at every position. They made a deep run in the NCAA's and followed it up with a marginal recruiting classes. They have ZERO commits for 2010. They're in danger of becoming the new Texas Tech. Three new JUCO's each year.

Baylor will only have one PG on the roster in 2010. Pressey won't learn how to play defense in Waco. He may not be asked to play defense based on what I watched last year. If Baylor added Pressey, I could see them making a run at the conference title in 2010. Perry Jones is about to move into a top 5 overall national rank at both rivals/scout. Dunn will be a senior and they have 3-4 guys at SF now.

2010 might be their best chance to do it with KU, Texas, and OU (if Gallon leaves) being gutted.

2010 might be their best chance to do it with KU, Texas, and OU (if Gallon leaves) being gutted.

Problem for Baylor is that Udoh and Dunn might go pro. Both of those guys are playing at a very high level and may get bored with the college game after this year. Dunn is healthy after two years of fighting knee injuries and has his explosiveness back. He's a different player. Not only can he fill it up from outside, but he's driving to the hole and making good decisions. I am going to have to go ahead and put him on my my 1st team all big 12. Sorry Clemente and Collins.

G- Warren
G- Dunn
F- Anderson
F- Brackins
C- Aldrich

Collins will probably be Big 12 preseason POY and you don't even have him on your 1st team? Come 'on DFW. Dunn and Anderson over Collins is madness.

Collins will probably be Big 12 preseason POY and you don't even have him on your 1st team? Come 'on DFW. Dunn and Anderson over Collins is madness.

Okay- put Collins on there and remove Anderson. I'm starting to second guess that because I think Anderson owed a lot last year to Eaton. Dunn has Carter to distribute the ball to him and two solid low post guys to keep the defense honest in Lomers and Udoh. Dunn is going to have a monster year. I predict 23 ppg and 7 rebs.

Problem for Baylor is that Udoh and Dunn might go pro. Both of those guys are playing at a very high level and may get bored with the college game after this year. Dunn is healthy after two years of fighting knee injuries and has his explosiveness back. He's a different player. Not only can he fill it up from outside, but he's driving to the hole and making good decisions. I am going to have to go ahead and put him on my my 1st team all big 12. Sorry Clemente and Collins.

G- Warren
G- Dunn
F- Anderson
F- Brackins
C- Aldrich

t6cetx.jpg

First off, if you watched Kemba Walker play, you would know he is a lead point guard and not a true PG. If Walker is still there, he would be a Junior and Pressey would be a freshman. Darrius Smith probably isn't enough to deter any PG from going to UConn. As for Baylor, I know you Dallas guys get excited because they're in on bigger guys, but the fact remains that they still haven't had that elite recruit and the fact remains that their coach still is a terrible coach. It's hard for me to see this kid at UConn with the way I think their program will turn. I think this is Calhoun's last year, they're headed toward some sort of sanction, and they have no heir to the coaching reigns. If it were me, I would be more apt to go to AZ.

G- Warren
G- Dunn
F- Anderson
F- Brackins
C- Aldrich

You really think so? I'm sorry, bear, but that would SHOCK me if that happened. I would be careful in putting pick-up reports as a reason for saying who is or is not going pro. Of the two guys that you mentioned, I think Udoh has the best chance at going pro early, but he would need to show some offensive promise because he won't be going first round if he doesn't. I would agree with you more if he were a 7 footer. My bet is that both will be back for 2010-11, and that Jones and Udoh will make a nice pair for the bears.

I also agree that Collins should be on this list. He is the second best guard in the conference this year.

I'm probably hyping them. Ekpe certainly projects better as a pro right now. He's a game changer on defense. And his offensive game is very skilled. He's developed a poor man's Tim Duncan game. He lets the game come to him. Takes what the D gives him. If he gets doubled. He dishes out to Tweety, Dunn or Crump who all hit the open 3 with great accuracy. Crump may be the key guy for Baylor. That guy is surprisingly good- old school fundamentally sound game with surprising quickness and textbook form on his jumper. And at 6'7", he's not an easy cover. It is easy for a good defense to make 3 guys work really hard for points (Tweety, Udoh, Dunn). But it gets really difficult when your 4th and 5th guy are proficient offensively.

As for Dirty Mess... Scott Drew is a good coach. You will see that next year with Tweety/Walton at point and Ekpe in the post. Those players will improve his coaching a bunch just as DJ Augustine made Barnes look like a great coach.

You boys will get the opportunity to see the new and improved Bears for the 1st conference game in Waco. And as a Bear fan, I am glad we get the Sooners early in the season rather than later.

What was our bet again, DFW? 9-7? Help me remember....:OUbball-logo:

What was our bet again, DFW? 9-7? Help me remember....:OUbball-logo:

BT- I'm all over it at 9-7. Get your Scott Drew kiss butt schtick ready. I'm going to enjoy it and agree with every glowing thing you say :)

Back