Pressey names new leader

As for Dirty Mess... Scott Drew is a good coach. You will see that next year with Tweety/Walton at point and Ekpe in the post. Those players will improve his coaching a bunch just as DJ Augustine made Barnes look like a great coach.

You boys will get the opportunity to see the new and improved Bears for the 1st conference game in Waco. And as a Bear fan, I am glad we get the Sooners early in the season rather than later.

Scott drew sucks ass.

Scott drew sucks ass.

Dirty Mess- OU has far superior talent and coaching to Baylor, right? If Baylor whips OU around in Waco does that mean that Capel is an inferior coach? Just curious. Teach me something...

It means that it would happen for the first time in nearly 30 opportunities. I guess the dog may shine on a dogs ass every once in a while.

It means that it would happen for the first time in nearly 30 opportunities. I guess the dog may shine on a dogs ass every once in a while.

We'll see how it plays out. If you are being intellectually honest, you would say that the last 4 games against Scott Drew were the only ones that mattered when evaluating coaching ability... where the talent was at a level where Baylor had a shot to beat OU. Capel is 4-0 in those games. The two in 2007-08 were down to the wire. The two last year were blowouts.

I do think the long winning streak has a psychological advantage for OU but Baylor beating UT and Kansas late last year gives guys like Lomers, Carter, Dunn and Acy confidence in crunch time. So I am not sure the streak will matter much going forward. The talent gap is closing fast.

You consider Josh Lomers a solid low post man that will open the perimeter and Lace Dunn better than Sherron Collins. Yes, I'd say you are a homer.

You consider Josh Lomers a solid low post man that will open the perimeter and Lace Dunn better than Sherron Collins. Yes, I'd say you are a homer.

Lomers is slow. But he's got decent post moves and he's a load down low. And you better not fall asleep on him even if you consider yourself an "elite" defender that averages 11 rebounds and 3 blocks per game. Because he might spin the baseline and dunk on you during a crucial part of a game. Yes- Lace Dunn is better than Sherron Collins. That is not a knock on Sherron. He's a great player. Dunn is a big timer and that will become very evident this year.

Last edited:
Yes- Lace Dunn is better than Sherron Collins. That is not a knock on Sherron. He's a great player. Dunn is a big timer and that will become very evident this year.

:ez-laugh: Yes, that is an absolute knock on Sherron. Sherron is a "big timer" and that's already become very apparent the last 3 years. Dunn has paled in comparision. Numbers don't tell the entire story either...I know Dunn will have big averages this year...he jacks it up every chance he gets and with all that Baylor lost offensively how could he not. Doesn't make him a big time player and certainly not at the level of Sherron Collins.

BT- I'm all over it at 9-7. Get your Scott Drew kiss butt schtick ready. I'm going to enjoy it and agree with every glowing thing you say :)

Ok. Here it is officially:

If Baylor goes 9-7 or better in Big 12 play then I will stop with the Scott Drew negative posts for the rest of the year. I will also keep the cheating implications to myself.

If Baylor goes 8-8 or worse, then you need to just talk hoops and quit polishing that turd! aka No more "wait until next year" talk....

Obviously if Drew actually does something the next season (2010-11) then you can talk him up again.

Deal?

IF so, then save this post.

Lomers is slow. But he's got decent post moves and he's a load down low. And you better not fall asleep on him even if you consider yourself an "elite" defender that averages 11 rebounds and 3 blocks per game. Because he might spin the baseline and dunk on you during a crucial part of a game. Yes- Lace Dunn is better than Sherron Collins. That is not a knock on Sherron. He's a great player. Dunn is a big timer and that will become very evident this year.

Comical.

If Baylor goes 9-7 or better in Big 12 play then I will stop with the Scott Drew negative posts for the rest of the year. I will also keep the cheating implications to myself.

If Baylor goes 8-8 or worse, then you need to just talk hoops and quit polishing that turd! aka No more "wait until next year" talk....

Obviously if Drew actually does something the next season (2010-11) then you can talk him up again.

Deal?

Shouldnt Baylor do better than 9-7 with 9 NBA players on roster, including the best player in the league (Dunn) and the best big guy in the league (Udoh) who is the second coming of Tim Duncan, and the best center out of Europe (Sekelja)?

Shouldnt Baylor do better than 9-7 with 9 NBA players on roster, including the best player in the league (Dunn) and the best big guy in the league (Udoh) who is the second coming of Tim Duncan, and the best center out of Europe (Sekelja)?

ABD- no one said Baylor has 9 NBA players on their roster. They have 2 maybe 3. But that is 2 or 3 more than Colorado has :)

From Scout (Go Mizzou Go!):

Phil Pressey snuck in a visit to Missouri during late June and the Tigers have been making it clear to him that he’s their guy. UCLA and Baylor both had assistants on hand as well. …

Deal?

Man- that is going to be tough. Baylor better hit their bogey. You have a deal.

I would agree ABD. With all we keep hearing about Baylor they should win the league. They have the Big 12 POY an DPOY on there team and all those other studs. And don't forget Lomers.

We'll see how it plays out. If you are being intellectually honest, you would say that the last 4 games against Scott Drew were the only ones that mattered when evaluating coaching ability... where the talent was at a level where Baylor had a shot to beat OU. Capel is 4-0 in those games. The two in 2007-08 were down to the wire. The two last year were blowouts.

I do think the long winning streak has a psychological advantage for OU but Baylor beating UT and Kansas late last year gives guys like Lomers, Carter, Dunn and Acy confidence in crunch time. So I am not sure the streak will matter much going forward. The talent gap is closing fast.

Baylor had the best backcourt talentwise and very good collection of post players and missed the tourney. Baylor had better personnell than A&M, OSU, Texas, and KState. They collectively had a better backcourt than OU. But when you don't have a strong defensive philosophy and your offensive philosophy doesnt value the ball and is based around low percentage shots you get the results Baylor had last year. Unless that sorry excuse for a coach changes that, I expect about the same.

Last edited:
dude DFW, are you still spouting off illogical mess about Baylor and the Big 12?

we're all allowed to get carried away every now and again, but you may be setting the records for silly posts...on an OU board nonetheless.

Baylor had the best backcourt talentwise and very good collection of post players and missed the tourney. Baylor had better personnell than A&M, OSU, Texas, and KState. They collectively had a better backcourt than OU. But when you don't have a strong defensive philosophy and your offensive philosophy doesnt value the ball and is based around low percentage shots you get the results Baylor had last year. Unless that sorry excuse for a coach changes that, I expect about the same.

Better personnel than A&M, OSU and UT- no. Better personnel than K St- maybe. Playing in the South would yield any team in the North less wins.

Better personnel than A&M, OSU and UT- no. Better personnel than K St- maybe. Playing in the South would yield any team in the North less wins.

I'd take Dugat, Dunn, Carter, and Jerrels over Holmes, Sloan Carter, Harris, Paige, T. Harris, Mason, Balbay, and Ward any day.

Back