Projected Out of NIT

Essentially you can make money in the CBI. But the cost structure is different than the NIT. I believe the NIT takes a cut of ticket sales from the home games (if not all of the sales). But, you're invited and you host, you don't pay except the costs of turning on the lights, having concessions, etc. The NCAA runs the tournament so if it doesn't make much money, it's not a big loss for one site.

The CBI charges a flat fee to host a game. They are guaranteed a profit on the deal. Then the school tries to sell as many tickets as it can to make a profit for itself or lose less money. But, it's basically a money-making venture for a for-profit company (it's the same group that runs the Coaches vs. Cancer 2k tournament and maybe a couple of others...The Gazelle Group).

Thank you for the info, even knowing that i still think playing semi-meaningful games is better than practice alone. No body wants to practice if the season is over. Laziness is already one of our problems during the season, i cant even begin to fathom the stories we will here this off season with this group. I hope I'm wrong but they have done nothing to show me they will work hard this off season.

Back