Ray Willis - Pump iron and eat

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Dang he looks like he has lost weight. He had the body of a run way model last night.

That's offseason stuff. He should have been on that soon as the UNC horn blew. Some guys can't put on weight though. This guy however makes Austin Johnson look like arnold Swartzenegger. I swear he has about a 28 waist.

The guy has been here two years. If he hasn't added any muscle by now, he's not going to.

I don't buy that guys can't put on bulk. I'm as skinny as a rail and I put on plenty of weight/muscle when I was 20 years old. And I didn't have YOYO and the OU facilities/training staff there to help.

If he wanted to, he could.

Not everybody can put on weight. I guarantee you Ray is eating and working out.

Weight, IMO, isn't Ray's problem. He just doesn't have a good feel for team ball at this level yet. He is passive when he tries to run the offense, or too gung-ho when looking for his shot. He also doesn't understand how to play defense. I have my doubts as to whether he'll ever contribute quality minutes at OU.

Ray has also only been at OU for one and a half years. One off season. I don't see why people are so quick to write the kid off. I think Ray just needs to figure out the college game. He looks like he has some skill and the reports from the summer were that he was giving Willie some copetition.

Weight, IMO, isn't Ray's problem. He just doesn't have a good feel for team ball at this level yet. He is passive when he tries to run the offense, or too gung-ho when looking for his shot. He also doesn't understand how to play defense. I have my doubts as to whether he'll ever contribute quality minutes at OU.

I agree.

That Kevin Durant needs to pump iron and eat. He will never make it if he doesn't.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form am I comparing Willis to Durant in ability.

That Kevin Durant needs to pump iron and eat. He will never make it if he doesn't.

Espn has durant listed at 230. I think that is extremely generous, no?

Espn has durant listed at 230. I think that is extremely generous, no?

ept_sports_nba_experts_594482152_1229023435.jpg

kevin-durant-lead.jpg

Great point

He looks like Sam Perkins out there. Eyes are closed and he moves like a snail. I wonder if he was smoking before the game.

Actually, everyone can put on weight. I say everyone, but that excludes people with certain eating disorders and hormonal imbalances. But I do agree that weight isn't his biggest problem.

Trust me, Ray is eating. He just has that type of metabolism and body structure that won't let him bulk up easily. He could do it but it would take a good solid year of high protein and heavy weight, low rep workouts in the gym.

Trust me, Ray is eating. He just has that type of metabolism and body structure that won't let him bulk up easily. He could do it but it would take a good solid year of high protein and heavy weight, low rep workouts in the gym.

It's not like he hasn't had time...

Kevin Durant is a 6-10 wing. Nowitski is 7-0 and doesnt seem to have ever lifted a weight. If Ray were 6-10 or 7-0 it would be ok. Especially if he could shoot like those two guys. But Ray is skinnier and weaker than just about every 6-4 guard he'll come accross. Thats why he can't hold his own. Not to mention he doesnt have the skills that those guys have.

I know you said you werent comparing him to Durant in ability, but Durants ability is why he gets by being that skinny. That's why it is a poor example.

Not everyone can put on weight, i am one of those people who can't, i'm 43 6-4 and weigh a whole 150.

Been this way my whole life, i eat everything and anything and never get over 150, im not sickly i just have a really high motab.

Kevin Durant is a 6-10 wing. Nowitski is 7-0 and doesnt seem to have ever lifted a weight. If Ray were 6-10 or 7-0 it would be ok. Especially if he could shoot like those two guys. But Ray is skinnier and weaker than just about every 6-4 guard he'll come accross. Thats why he can't hold his own. Not to mention he doesnt have the skills that those guys have.

I know you said you werent comparing him to Durant in ability, but Durants ability is why he gets by being that skinny. That's why it is a poor example.

Ray is 6'6. Can't hold his own, what does that even mean? I realize that basketball isn't played as the non-contact sport is was originally invented as, but as far as the guard game goes, you really only need to be either tall, or stocky. Size is only an issue, and not even always in this case, when you are a midget AND you don't have any size.

Tayshawn Prince is a good example.

Tayshawn Prince is a better example, although he's still like 6-9 and uses his length. Again, when you are 6-10 you can make up for a lack of strength.

That being said, Durant would still be a better defender and wouldnt turn the ball over as much as he does if he were a little bigger and stronger. He will get there. He's still only 21.

Ray might too. But so far he doesn't seem to have put in much work IMO. Capel seems to reward those that put in the work like he did right off the bat with Ryan Wright and not Orlando Allen.

Not everyone can put on weight, i am one of those people who can't, i'm 43 6-4 and weigh a whole 150.

Been this way my whole life, i eat everything and anything and never get over 150, im not sickly i just have a really high motab.

Good lord thats not fair dang it. You can hit the donuts and nacho machine at like midnight every night I HATE YOU.

Back