Ray Willis

Really, really skinny. Acutally, he didn't look that bad at all. Still don't see him getting minutes off the bench over Davis and Pledger though.

Really, really skinny. Acutally, he didn't look that bad at all. Still don't see him getting minutes off the bench over Davis and Pledger though.

His body style really is a problem. He looks as small as he did last year. And it's not the fact he's skinny, but the fact he doesn't overwhelm you with anything athletically. he's not deceptively fast, he's not deceptevely strong like a Tashaun Prince. He's not explosive like a Hakim Warrick. He's got to work on his body.

His second problem is steve pledger.

His second problem is steve pledger.

I guess that would make Cade Davis his third problem.

Willis still doesn't seem like he is completely sure what it is he is supposed to be doing. There were a couple of times he looked confident, and in those times you could see his potential, but the rest of the time, he was just searching.

I expected to look at the stat sheet after the game, and find that Willis was all but invisible, but he actually didn't have a bad line for the minutes he played.

He is as skinny as ever. He isn't in control of his body. I would consider him our 6th best guard behind, WW, TMG, Crocker, Cade and Pledger.

I will say this though, he played hard and he wasn't the "chucker" that he was last year. I'm glad too, because we have plenty of good options to shoot the 3-ball. We don't need him chuckin em up there.

Last edited:
I just don't see how he gets much PT this year, he should red-shirt (actually he should of red-shirted last year, Capel dropped the ball on that). Honestly, it's just one game (an exhibition at that) so the jury is still out. But if Pledger keeps playing at this rate, Cade is going to get the nod over Ray for the course of the season due to his experience.

Depending on who we bring in with the rest of the recruiting class, I have a hard time seeing Ray finish his career as a Sooner (if he wants to play).

You know you have a good back court when Ray Willis is the 6th man.

He looks more awkward than he really is. He played good D and is quicker than he appears.

I thought Ray looked way better than he had in the past. He wasn't taking a ton of shots, he was paying good D, basically he has improved most everything people complained about. We really may be able to run 6 deep with quality guards.

Back