Recalling some fantastic finishes seen in person

Baylor game is a good one. I was at the Arkansas game in the first post, over December holidays visiting my Dad in Norman. Hogs mailed it in....thought they had it won. Some really bad play by them and a lot of no quit from Kelvin's guys in the last minute of regulation. One improbable basket by Tim Heskett i recall a little dribble drive to the baseline post and short jumper....at a crucial juncture to get the Sooners back in it. totally not a "Heskett" signature move beat his guy by putting it on the floor and then shoot over a Ark post guy.

Joe Johnson was a FR on that Hog team, i seem to recall.

Another improbable (saw on TV), didn't David Godbold beat Tech in Norman with a 3 and a bunch of other nonsense in the last minute. game we have no business winning...and then do.

Last edited:
I remember being at LNC in like 96 or 97 and we were playing ISU. OU was down idk 10 or so and everyone was leaving so friends and I were ragging on them saying "it's not over yet!!" and sure enough we pulled it out.

Hollis beating the buzzer with a little help from a friendly clock to send the Texas Tech game into OT in 2003, where the good guys prevailed. Made for a happy Bob Knight lol.

Speaking of that wonderful outcome, that game will be shown tomorrow at 9 a.m. (Feb. 4) on ESPN-Classic. That's interesting timing, considering that we not only play Tech tomorrow, but also that we get to remember how lousy Knight and the rest of the Tech "braintrust" acted in the aftermath. Their absurd media relations people even put in game notes that the "outcome was under review" (the LNC game) when OU went to Lubbock for the rematch.

Tech also acted like turds in the third matchup that season, in the Big 12 tourney. That included their players.

Back