Rivals article highlighting Cameron Clark and Phil Pressey

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=948862

Team Texas Elite is one of the more talented squads in the tournament, and Cameron Clark could be the best of the bunch. With Phil Pressey missing the first game due to travel issues, Clark put on a show. He used his athleticism to finish in traffic, and also he got it going from deep. Clark continued that strong play the rest of the day, and showed why his stock is absolutely soaring.

After missing the first game, Pressey arrived in time to play in Team Texas' evening contest. As always Pressey showed the high level passing and basketball IQ, but also he shot the ball fairly well, outside of his dunks. Pressey missed a several dunk attempts, but in the process the 5-foot-10 guard showed more explosion than ever. Maybe even more impressive than his improved athleticism was his ability to play defense. Pressey takes pride in harassing opposing guards, and had several steals converted into easy buckets.

Phil Pressey says he is hearing from the entire Big XII, Arizona, UCLA, Florida, UConn, and Ohio State

Cameron Clark rattled of an impressive list of Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, Kansas, Arizona, Arizona State, Memphis, and Kentucky.

I'm starting to get nervous about Clark. Arizona, Kentucky, and UNC get me nervous about this kid. I hope he desires to be close to home instead of going outside of the conference. The one thing that makes me keep a little bit of confidenc is that of his earlier favorites, USC, OU, and TAMU, OU is still listed.

As for Pressey, his speed and athleticism is something that you generally don't see going along with undersized coaches sons. However, I don't factor his play in the lane or his ability to dunk in traffic in AAU games as an evaluation of his overall play. He's not going to be able to do those things in college, and quite frankly, he needs to work on a mid range floater or pull up jumper. Don't get me wrong though, because the kid is an absolute stud.

K.C. Ross-Miller- The former Kentucky commitment is playing much better basketball now that he is no longer trying to live up to the hype of that commitment. Ross-Miller puts a lot of pressure on the defense by keeping his dribble alive and using his physical strength and quickness to get into the lane. He doesn't elevate over defenders, but he does use his body to draw fouls and create space while also finding open teammates in the process. Give him too much space outside, and he has a reliable jumpers.

Trey Zeigler is taking a hard look at the Pac-10.
Trey Zeigler- The 6-foot-5 wing shot the ball from confidence from the outside and got to the rim on occasion with a sneaky first step.

Zeigler would like to cut down his list of UCLA, Michigan, Michigan State, Arizona, Arizona State, Miami and Oklahoma to three or five schools by the end of the summer. The schools in the Pac-10 are in the best position at the moment.

"I've been around the Pac-10 a lot, and I like the Pac-10," said Zeigler.

Ray McCallum- A lot of coaches would love to have a steady point guard like McCallum, and the attractiveness of his game is indicated by his school list.

McCallum noted that both Coach K and Coach Self called him earlier this week. He also listed Oklahoma, UCLA, Miami, LSU, Arizona, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida and Detroit.

McCallum added that Detroit, who is coached by his father, could certainly beat out the bigger schools to get him.

"I want to come in right away and have a big impact and not just be a program player," said McCallum. "That is the most important thing to me."

McCallum then broke down one of the intricacies of being recruited within the family with some humor.

With Detroit, I've always wanted to play for my dad. He is the guy who taught me how to play the game. But I don't even have a car yet, so before things can get serious, he needs to get me a car."

Dujuan Coleman- The 6-foot-8, 250-pound freshman is pulling double duty with the 16-U Syracuse Select and 17-U New England Playaz. He moves well for his size and has an advanced post up game for a player his age. Bottom line, he is a big time prospect.

Hometown Syracuse has offered, and Georgetown, Rutgers, Oklahoma and Villanova are in the hunt early.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=948868

Back