Rivals new 2010 rankings

Looks like Perry Jones dropped out. He was a top 10 guy. Quite a few Sooner recruits on that list. I think OU gets two may three guys in the top 150.

I feel old when I see Crandall Head on these recruiting rankings. I've known him since he was a tyke.

I feel old when I see Crandall Head on these recruiting rankings. I've known him since he was a tyke.

Is he the crazy one? i was thinking I heard some stories about one of these Chicago kids coming out that was a little wild on and off the court.

That's Luther Head's brother right? They say he's a beast.
Yes it's Luther's brother.

s he the crazy one? i was thinking I heard some stories about one of these Chicago kids coming out that was a little wild on and off the court.
I don't think it's him, he's always been pretty shy. However, he did transfer to Crane and played there last year, so with those yahoo's over there maybe so. But he doesn't play crazy at all, plays a lot like his brother.

Yes it's Luther's brother.

I don't think it's him, he's always been pretty shy. However, he did transfer to Crane and played there last year, so with those yahoo's over there maybe so. But he doesn't play crazy at all, plays a lot like his brother.

He tore up Kingswood last year.

Anybody know why TexasHoops has Perry Jones ranked so low? Seems really weird...They list him as the #9 prospect in the state.

Here's the link...

Also, anyone know any more about Daniel Alexander? I heard he was once a big Arizona lean but after all the ruckus has been giving OU a real look.

Anybody know why TexasHoops has Perry Jones ranked so low? Seems really weird...They list him as the #9 prospect in the state.

Here's the link...

Also, anyone know any more about Daniel Alexander? I heard he was once a big Arizona lean but after all the ruckus has been giving OU a real look.

What's up Carp! Yeah, that's why I posted about Jones not being on the list when I first saw him, is because Mike Kundstandt didn't rate him very high. It's no secret that Rivals loves height. The odds are the tall guys end up getting to the NBA. He had very poor numbers at Duncanville. As for Alexander, I'm anxious to see him play. I don't know if he'll have the athleticism of Oyediji, a guy who is an athletic beast, but if he has the skill factor, I would be for OU getting him over Oyediji. I think if he was an Arizona lean, it probably had alot to do with Pastner. The guy that runs the D1 Ambassadors is a slimeball who probably has connections with Pastners people in Texas. I suspect the new Arizona staff said thanks, but no thanks as they are in on some major, major players.

What's up Carp! Yeah, that's why I posted about Jones not being on the list when I first saw him, is because Mike Kundstandt didn't rate him very high. It's no secret that Rivals loves height. The odds are the tall guys end up getting to the NBA. He had very poor numbers at Duncanville. As for Alexander, I'm anxious to see him play. I don't know if he'll have the athleticism of Oyediji, a guy who is an athletic beast, but if he has the skill factor, I would be for OU getting him over Oyediji. I think if he was an Arizona lean, it probably had alot to do with Pastner. The guy that runs the D1 Ambassadors is a slimeball who probably has connections with Pastners people in Texas. I suspect the new Arizona staff said thanks, but no thanks as they are in on some major, major players.

I dunno, Pastner's been at Memphis for over a year. Hard to imagine he factored too much into it considering he wasn't in the picture after Alexander's sophomore year. Kunstandt's rankings really throw me off...I know he sees the guys play a lot more than just about anyone, but he has Baird at #5 ahead of Alexander, Washburn, Scott and Jones. He's got Tobi Oyedeji up at #4 too and T.J. at #2. Tobi seems more like a guy who projects to be good later, while T.J. probably gets love for putting up such big numbers this last year. I just don't get it. Ultimately I know it isn't a big deal, it just makes me scratch my head...

He tore up Kingswood last year.
Yea he is a really good prospect, probably more talented than Luther was at his age and Luther is still receiving pay-checks in the NBA. It's interesting because Bruce Weber is starting to clean up in Illinois. He should never have to leave the state to win at Illinois. Look for Illinois to make some noise in the next couple of years.

I dunno, Pastner's been at Memphis for over a year. Hard to imagine he factored too much into it considering he wasn't in the picture after Alexander's sophomore year. Kunstandt's rankings really throw me off...I know he sees the guys play a lot more than just about anyone, but he has Baird at #5 ahead of Alexander, Washburn, Scott and Jones. He's got Tobi Oyedeji up at #4 too and T.J. at #2. Tobi seems more like a guy who projects to be good later, while T.J. probably gets love for putting up such big numbers this last year. I just don't get it. Ultimately I know it isn't a big deal, it just makes me scratch my head...

Pastner jumped on Calipari's staff right before the beginning of the basketball year. I don't see any other link because that Arizona staff wasn't really recruiting alot. Maybe Reggie Geary was looking at him. I know Pastner had a history of getting alot of Texas kids, especially those in the Houston and surrounding area. My bigger question about Alexander is why Texas isn't involved with him since he lives very close to Austin. As for Kundstandt, I give him a little more credit, because he sees these Texas kids more than Meyers. He was right on Clark and TJ before they were even on Rivals radar screen. I don't know what's going into his judgement or evaluation. Does he do it on potential or basketball playing ability and production? Seems like he does it on a case by case basis. He was also ahead of Rivals on Ricky Scott. Rivals has him as a top 75 guy now.

Pastner jumped on Calipari's staff right before the beginning of the basketball year. I don't see any other link because that Arizona staff wasn't really recruiting alot. Maybe Reggie Geary was looking at him. I know Pastner had a history of getting alot of Texas kids, especially those in the Houston and surrounding area. My bigger question about Alexander is why Texas isn't involved with him since he lives very close to Austin. As for Kundstandt, I give him a little more credit, because he sees these Texas kids more than Meyers. He was right on Clark and TJ before they were even on Rivals radar screen. I don't know what's going into his judgement or evaluation. Does he do it on potential or basketball playing ability and production? Seems like he does it on a case by case basis. He was also ahead of Rivals on Ricky Scott. Rivals has him as a top 75 guy now.

That's exactly what bakes my noodles with him. You can see where he wouldn't love Perry Jones because of his mediocre productivity, although he does have a lot of athletic potential and "upside". But then he goes and ranks Tobi way ahead of him. I like Tobi, but its hard to justify him as being either more productive or having more "upside" than Jones. It's just weird.

Also, I am pretty sure its too late for OU to get in on Scott, especially since we already got a combo guard in the class, but a buddy of mine said that he thinks the kid wants to get out of state if he can and that Gillespie was the one recruiting him at UK, so thats done. Anyway, he asked if OU was in one him at all. I guess most people expect him to go to Marquette.

Also, I am pretty sure its too late for OU to get in on Scott, especially since we already got a combo guard in the class, but a buddy of mine said that he thinks the kid wants to get out of state if he can and that Gillespie was the one recruiting him at UK, so thats done. Anyway, he asked if OU was in one him at all. I guess most people expect him to go to Marquette.

Yeah, I don't think OU would get involved since they have TJ. It wouldn't suprise me about him going to Marquette, especially since Buzz Williams is a beast on the Texas recruiting scene and a former Gillispie assistant.

Alexander committed to A&M today

Good news in a way for OU if they continue to target Tobi Oyediji. I think OU can get that Oyediji commit any time they want. I would bet they are looking at other kids that may be more close to a finished project.

If we end up signing Barnes, Cothron, Clark, McCallum, and Taylor, it will be a decent class I guess.

Back