>>>>>>>OU-Washburn Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Washburn Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Final. 84-64. Nice win. Played good in spurts.

Only got to watch 2nd half. Initial thoughts are we will have rough patches early, but by far the deepest team Lon has ever fielded by season's end. Going to be fun. Going to love watching McGusty and Freeman develop. Freeman moves much better than I expected...

Shot 46% for the game. Not bad. From the 3pt line was 8-26 not good but hope it gets better as the season gets going. Defense looked good but took some possessions off and you won't be able to do that against really good teams.

I forgot about Buford. Didn't play due to groin injury. That will add to the depth of this team. I think we will be better than most people thought we would be. This is going to be a fun season to watch.

Hope you guys that couldn't watch, could at least go with what I was saying. I'm going to try and come here during the season. Until next time, BOOMER!!!!

Who started? Woodard, James, Doolittle, Lattin, and Odomes?

2nd line of McGusty, McNeace, Buford, Freeman, Strong + Shepherd

That 2nd unit could start for some lower mid majors...

Last edited:

Just got back home and didn't get to watch the second half (I DVR'ed it). From reading the posts, it appears the defense settled in and really clamped things down.

Did any other things really stand out in the second half for us?

Ball movement, unselfishness, Washburn got gassed.

Ball movement, unselfishness, Washburn got gassed.

That seemed to be what got them for the most part in the 2nd half. Also, we have a lot of C(K)hristians on the team. Lattin seemed to assert himself at times, which is needed, but I worry about him getting into foul trouble (I would also like if he were to defer from taking the 3 point shot). And one of the cheerleaders was especially pleasant to the eye (noticed during a timeout).

That seemed to be what got them for the most part in the 2nd half. Also, we have a lot of C(K)hristians on the team. Lattin seemed to assert himself at times, which is needed, but I worry about him getting into foul trouble (I would also like if he were to defer from taking the 3 point shot). And one of the cheerleaders was especially pleasant to the eye (noticed during a timeout).

Your last point is not relevant or analysis.

And one of the cheerleaders was especially pleasant to the eye (noticed during a timeout).
Useless analysis without pictures or a timely gif.

Your last point is not relevant or analysis.

Your kite has arrived. And if you can do better then let your fingers show the way.

Last edited:

Freeman looks good shooting it. He has to learn to battle more for the rebounds. James is going to have a big year. Strong looked very nice. Jordan didn't handle the ball well.

Odomes didn't shoot well and probably needs to just take the ball to the rack.

I thought Shepard handled the ball well but isn't ready to handle the KU pressure yet.

Odomes didn't shoot well and probably needs to just take the ball to the rack.

He didn't get many shots to fall when he did take it to the rack, but I'm sure he'll improve.

It doesn't look as though Doolittle has any explosion. Not a fast or great leaper and Odomes is only left handed. Would help him if he would learn to use his right hand some.

Back