Sander's is the real deal

JungleJim

Reaction score
and VCU is no slouch. Larry Sanders is impressive. Long and athletic. It's gonna be a fight. With that said--Boomer! I'm guessing WWIII and the frosh grind out the win?

This is a situation where Wright is going to have to show the effects of a year of holding Blake in practice. He is too much for everyone else on our team.

Didnt VCU just lose to Western Michigan by double digits? Didnt Sanders score like 7 pts in his first game?

Blake Griffin was the real deal. He put up 20 and 10 nearly every night. Sanders is a good shot blocker and a below-average offensive player.

I bet Sanders goes for 14 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks vs OU.

OU 80
VCU 69

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one given that VCU is pretty good team, we are on the road, and we have such a young team. It's going to be a very hostile environment so I'm looking forward to seeing how this team responds.

Didnt VCU just lose to Western Michigan by double digits? Didnt Sanders score like 7 pts in his first game?

Blake Griffin was the real deal. He put up 20 and 10 nearly every night. Sanders is a good shot blocker and a below-average offensive player.

I bet Sanders goes for 14 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks vs OU.

OU 80
VCU 69

Sanders had a very good game last year against us with Blake and Taylor. We have less experience now.

Here's my rationale.

We lost the best big man in the NCAA. We brought in two MAA's, a top 10 class.
VCU lost possibly the best PG in the NCAA. They brought 3 3-star guys.

I think they have fallen off more than we have and we beat them by double-digits last year and were up by 20 pts at one point. If the game were in Oklahoma I think we'd win by 20+. But since its at VCU I think we win by 11 again.

Thats just me. Maybe you guys will be right and they'll beat us. I just dont see it.

Hey Sooner fans,
We're all pretty excited to be hosting a ranked team of such high regard...not many Bigs have the guts (huevos) to come to a Non-BCS's home...coughcoughSyracusecoughcough....

I think this is a classic trap game for you guys. We played one of the worst halves of basketball in the history of the game against W Michigan...couple that with the emotional return of Capel and all the NBA scouts.....well, all I can say is that we have a pretty good chance to make your possible loss one of the top stories on the 4-letter network. I have nothing else to add other then a request for you guys to maybe post some photos of some Lady Sooner Fans in Obligatory Tight T-Shirts.....Norman has some ridiculous hotties

Last edited:
I don't think we should count on shutting Sander's down at all, we should be thinking about trying to contain him. It seemed like foul trouble is the thing that slowed him down against W Michigan.

VCU wants to push the ball up and down the court. That fits right into what we want to do. Sanders may get his points. But VCU won't be able to score more than OU in this game because we have better athletes and they will fit into our game plan more.

Back