Seating order on the bench(TJ Franklin)

SBP

Reaction score
How does this work? The guys who play the most usually sit closest to the coaches and the walk on/bench players sit at the end.

Why does TJ Franklin always sit with the guys who play a lot and not down at the end by Gerber, Randolph, etc? Is he instructed to sit there or does he choose to sit there because he doesn't want to appear as a walk on to the casual fan?

Another stupid question, but why doesn't the head coach sit in the first seat? He sits in the middle of the assistant coaches.

If I'm not mistaken TJ and Willie were friends in HS right? Maybe TJ sits next to Willie on the bench, don't know if that's where TJ is on the bench and if Willie is next to him when he sits, but that could be the reason. That's a complete guess. Maybe Jeff wants to sit where he can hear the advise from both coaches, that's also a guess.

All I know is Ray Willis counts his seats from the end of the bench every time he walks back to the bench. Then he proceeds to sit there acting disinterested the entire game, not paying attention in the huddle (probably why coach never puts him in) and then mumble under his break to Franklin or whoever will listen whenever Pledger or Davis miss a shot as if he could do better. Guys like that are of no help to a team in need of leadership.

That is what I appreciate so much about Orlando Allen, who sat (or stood most of the time) close to the coaches all last night. He is always into the game, always encouraging his teammates, pumping up the crowd and paying attention to the game. He seems like he wants us to win and wants his team to be successful. For that reason, I hope Orlando gets a shot sometime soon to help us with defense and rebounding. He deserves a shot for being a good teammate. Something I wish Willis and Willie would take note of.

Well, you know it is a bad year when there are threads on seating order on the bench and players huddle demeanor.

I'm pretty sure they just sit where they want to sit. Maybe TJ Franklin just likes hearing what the coaches have to say to each other.

Back