Signing new recruits

luckyc1423

Reaction score
At what point last year did TMG, Fitz, and Gallon commit? I am curious just to know how 2010 is stacking up...we only have one person committed (which i really like TJ alot) but I am nervous and want to go ahead and get another high prospect to comment

At what point last year did TMG, Fitz, and Gallon commit? I am curious just to know how 2010 is stacking up...we only have one person committed (which i really like TJ alot) but I am nervous and want to go ahead and get another high prospect to comment

The summer session has just ended, once the dead period ends, there should be a flurry of commits nationwide.

So your thinking before christmas break we could have another couple commits?

Hardrick had been committed since his 8th grade year, and later confirmed his status as a Sooner pledge the same summer that Cade and Blake committed.

- Pledger became a Sooner in the spring of '08.

- TMG in mid summer.

- Fitzgerald was last fall.

- Gallon was earlier this year.

If I had to guess, then I would say that OU will get three more guys during the early signing period, and then get another in December or January.

I am hoping we get atleast one big time recruit...if so that will give us a strong lineup

tmg
tj taylor
big time recruit
gallon
fitz

assuming gallon stayrs

I am hoping we get atleast one big time recruit...if so that will give us a strong lineup

tmg
tj taylor
big time recruit
gallon
fitz

assuming gallon stayrs

Let's put Cameron Clark's name in there. It looks real good to me! :dance005:

Hardrick had been committed since his 8th grade year, and later confirmed his status as a Sooner pledge the same summer that Cade and Blake committed.

- Pledger became a Sooner in the spring of '08.

- TMG in mid summer.

- Fitzgerald was last fall.

- Gallon was earlier this year.

If I had to guess, then I would say that OU will get three more guys during the early signing period, and then get another in December or January.
Rivals says Tiny committed and signed during the Nov Signing period.

Yeah, Tiny was November, Fitz was October, TMG was July.

I believe Cade, Blake and Tony Neysmith were all in May which is pretty early.

There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to when guys commit. Judging strictly by commit dates of the past for OU and other top 25 schools they can happen at all different times just depending on the kid.

I wonder if the fact that Capel is in on so many 4-5 star guys means that he'll have more commits in October-November than over the summer?

I wonder if the fact that Capel is in on so many 4-5 star guys means that he'll have more commits in October-November than over the summer?

I don't know it seems like the higher rated guys decide later and later each year. And I don't blame them.

Cheno...it seems like to me that there are always a FEW holdouts for the later period in hoops but MOST of them are due to getting grades in order, etc. Seems like MOST of the big names these days sign early....with a few exceptions of course.

Cheno...it seems like to me that there are always a FEW holdouts for the later period in hoops but MOST of them are due to getting grades in order, etc. Seems like MOST of the big names these days sign early....with a few exceptions of course.

I agree many sign early like junior year, summer before, etc...it just seems like a lot of the guys that haven't signed by start of senior school year don't sign in Nov period and wait until the spring. I could be wrong and it may just seem that way with some of the bigger names.

Don't be worried. When you're trying to recruit the best of the best it will take longer. I predict that the next commit will be shortly after the prospect camp. Get ready because it could be a big surprise. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Don't be worried. When you're trying to recruit the best of the best it will take longer. I predict that the next commit will be shortly after the prospect camp. Get ready because it could be a big surprise. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

OK...you got my curiosity up!!!!hich prospect camp? when is it? and drop me a hint on who you think it MIGHT be!!! LOL which group of players are you thinking it could come from?

Prospect camp is Aug. 22. As for who it is. It's just speculation that has a little meat to it. I really don't want to go beyond that point because I don't have solid facts to back it up. BOOMER SOONER BABY!

Prospect camp is Aug. 22. As for who it is. It's just speculation that has a little meat to it. I really don't want to go beyond that point because I don't have solid facts to back it up. BOOMER SOONER BABY!

how about a group of players that may attend? LOL

Just a guess, but I will go with Terrence Jones or Doron Lamb. Am I on target, FFS?

Back