Softball

At the end of 4 innings, we still trail 2-0. Parker MUCH better pitching performance today, but can our hitters put 2 or more runs on the board? Wind blowing in nullifies our power hitting game...

Boy, I feel bad for Minnesota at Alabama.

They got the screws put to them in extra innings. I hope they come back through and beat Bama.

Home plate umpire wore out Minnesota in bottom of the 9th.

Gophers get screwed on seeding and then screwed on the road. Dang.

HUGE sigh of relief! Tied the game in the bottom of the 6th! Now our pitching should tip the scales in OUR favor...

Extra innings, but I still like our chances. NDS's Sertic has gotta to be beginning to feel the late innings...

That wind blowing in from the outfield has probably kept a couple of hit balls from OU hitters from being home runs.

Wow, tremendous defensive play by the NDS ss. Saved a certain hit. Just one of their stellar defensive efforts on the day. Contrast that with our unusually poor defensive play, 2 errors, one of which set up the NTS winning run.

Well, the Sooner women now have to get back on track and beat the Hogs tonight. Hope that the wind blowing from the outfield dies down, it certainly took a lot of the pop out of our bats!

We need to quit trying to be heroes and meet the ball. NDS did. We didn't. We kept swinging hard and hitting popups and weak grounders. Alou's one hit that scored two runs was to the opposite field. Meet the ball.

You're right. Their home run was a half swing. As usual we refuse to swing at first pitches except that Romero did twice!

Who are we getting? Storms? Pretty good. Not a K pitcher, has good control. You can score against her. She is their best. A freshman. Hedgecock and Moll are solid.

We need to quit trying to be heroes and meet the ball. NDS did. We didn't. We kept swinging hard and hitting popups and weak grounders. Alou's one hit that scored two runs was to the opposite field. Meet the ball.

Per the announcer, the wind blowing in from the outfield was a big factor in nullifying our long ball game. And I wouldn't disagree...

Where we lost the game was on defense, giving up an unearned run. We out hit the NDS team 7 to 4.

Last edited:
Per the announcer, the wind blowing in from the outfield was a big factor in nullifying our long ball game. And I wouldn't disagree...

But you have to adjust at the plate. Give credit to NDSU, they played great.

Shows you that you can't just show up, you gotta bring it every night in the playoffs.

Oh, I agree, all the credit in the world to NDS. Their ss made a tremendous play in the 9th inning, running full tilt away from the ball to rob Mendes of a hit.

They didn't make errors, we did. The first one in the first inning did not cost us. The second one in the ninth did - cost us the game with an unearned run. We'd have still been in extra innings otherwise.

I don't think that there is anyone who would disagree that NDS's win was a huge upset.

I'd love to beat Arky tonight and I am hoping that Tulsa can beat NDS so that we can get another shot at them.

That NDSU pitcher (Jacquelyn Sertic) is giving a great effort today. She pitched 9 innings against OU, and has allowed only one base runner to Tulsa thru 6 innings. 15 innings pitched so far today. (actually 14.2 innings today, as there was 1 out when the OU game was resumed today.)

Tulsa and NDSU are currently tied 0-0, with NDSU batting in the bottom of the 6th.

http://www.ncaa.com/game/softball/d1/2017/05/20/tulsa-north-dakota-st

Back