Softball

(Friday; May 19, 2017) OU vs. NDSU .. First Pitch now scheduled for 4:11 pm.

However, there is another storm to the southwest that is currently heading towards Norman.

Accuweather
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/norman-ok/73069/weather-forecast/330127

UPDATE (4:29 PM) .. Weather Delay with 1 out in bottom of 1st inning. NDSU leads 2-0.

In the top of the 1st, Paige Parker got the first two batters to pop out, then gave up a walk and a home run.

Last edited:
Looking at weather.com in Norman hour-by-hour, I am not optimistic that the game will not have to wait until tomorrow to be played.

If so, what will Patty's strategy be? Continue with Paige, or start another? My guess is that Paige will come out smoking tomorrow.

From SoonerSports.com ...

5:00 PM Update: OU-NDSU in Rain Delay - the Regional game between Oklahoma and North Dakota State is in a rain delay until at least 8 p.m.

No Change: With OU batting with one out in the bottom of the 1st inning, NDSU leads 2-0.

Looking at weather.com in Norman hour-by-hour, I am not optimistic that the game will not have to wait until tomorrow to be played.

If so, what will Patty's strategy be? Continue with Paige, or start another? My guess is that Paige will come out smoking tomorrow.

I agree - continue with Paige Parker. Starting in the losers bracket is a deep, deep hole. Go with your best and try to win game one.

As best I can tell, this is the Committee membership. Note no representative from Big 12 or PAC. Most are Asst A.D.s for women or for compliance. Wonder what, if anything, they know about softball.

FBS PACIFIC REGION CCD, Associate AD/Compliance Shalini Shanker
Colorado State University Mountain West Conference AUG 2019
FBS NORTHEAST REGION Head Coach Michelle DePolo
U.S. Military Academy Patriot League AUG 2017
FBS CENTRAL REGION SWA Keisha Dunlap
Conference USA Conference USA AUG 2017
FBS CENTRAL REGION SWA, Executive Associate Athletics Director Lynnette S. Johnson
University of Mississippi Southeastern Conference AUG 2018
FBS EAST REGION SWA, Senior Associate AD Brandi Stuart
University of Central Florida American Athletic Conference AUG 2020
FBS SOUTH REGION Sr. Assoc. AD Chris Helms
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Atlantic Coast Conference AUG 2018
FBS MIDEAST REGION Sr. Assoc. AD Sarah Baumgartner
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick Big Ten Conference AUG 2019
FCS NORTHEAST REGION Head Coach - Softball Jenny Allard
Harvard University The Ivy League AUG 2020
FCS MIDWEST REGION SWA, Associate AD for Compliance Natalie Shock
University of Central Arkansas Southland Conference AUG 2018
DI WEST REGION SWA Ashlie C. Kite
Long Beach State University

I imagine that OU will have to play the continuation of tonight's game at 11 AM tomorrow, then, if we win, will have to play Tulsa at 2:30PM. Basically the weather forced us into playing a doubleheader tomorrow. Fortunately, the strength of the team is the pitching staff. We should be OK.

OU-NDSU Regional Game Suspended Until Saturday (1:30 PM)
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt..._LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211601342&KEY=

NORMAN – Due to rain and lightning in the area, Friday's NCAA Regional game between Oklahoma and North Dakota State has been suspended until Saturday afternoon. The game will resume at 1:30 p.m. with the Bison leading the Sooners 2-0 and one out in the bottom of the first inning.

The winner of OU-NDSU would then face Tulsa in a winner's bracket game at 5:30 p.m., while the loser would meet Arkansas in an elimination game at 8 p.m.

Oklahoma head coach Patty Gasso was asked after the suspension was announced how she thought her team would respond.

“The idea is to reset and start over,” she said. “This team knows how to do that, so maybe this break will work for us. We've been in these situations; it seems like every year something trips us up in the way of staying on schedule. It's not something that's uncommon, and whatever cards are dealt we just have to play.”

Fans with session one tickets can use them for Saturday's first game. Fans with all-session tickets would need to use their session one ticket to that game, as well. The stadium would then need to be cleared between the first and second games. Session two tickets would then be needed for the remaining games at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

What the heck is going on with the no tv for this game? Defending champs and you have to watch the game on a phone or pad. This is a real diss in my opinion. I have a flip phone, no screen, try watching a game on that. Grrrrrrrrrrr

What the heck is going on with the no tv for this game? Defending champs and you have to watch the game on a phone or pad. This is a real diss in my opinion. I have a flip phone, no screen, try watching a game on that. Grrrrrrrrrrr

I've got a feeling other OU fans share your opinion. I know I do. How is a 50-8 team that won their conference regular season title and tournament championship a ten seed? Never mind that they won the national championship last year and return all but two players from that team.

The political games the NCAA plays makes me sick to my stomach sometimes!

As best I can tell, this is the Committee membership. Note no representative from Big 12 or PAC. Most are Asst A.D.s for women or for compliance. Wonder what, if anything, they know about softball.

FBS PACIFIC REGION CCD, Associate AD/Compliance Shalini Shanker
Colorado State University Mountain West Conference AUG 2019
FBS NORTHEAST REGION Head Coach Michelle DePolo
U.S. Military Academy Patriot League AUG 2017
FBS CENTRAL REGION SWA Keisha Dunlap
Conference USA Conference USA AUG 2017
FBS CENTRAL REGION SWA, Executive Associate Athletics Director Lynnette S. Johnson
University of Mississippi Southeastern Conference AUG 2018
FBS EAST REGION SWA, Senior Associate AD Brandi Stuart
University of Central Florida American Athletic Conference AUG 2020
FBS SOUTH REGION Sr. Assoc. AD Chris Helms
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Atlantic Coast Conference AUG 2018
FBS MIDEAST REGION Sr. Assoc. AD Sarah Baumgartner
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick Big Ten Conference AUG 2019
FCS NORTHEAST REGION Head Coach - Softball Jenny Allard
Harvard University The Ivy League AUG 2020
FCS MIDWEST REGION SWA, Associate AD for Compliance Natalie Shock
University of Central Arkansas Southland Conference AUG 2018
DI WEST REGION SWA Ashlie C. Kite
Long Beach State University

With the national champion virtually always coming from the power 5 conferences and the membership containing 10 members it seem logical to me that each of the 5 conferences should have a representative on the committee. 53% of this year's tourney participants have on a 30% representation on the committee.
Not exactly equal representation for the conferences that are going to contend for the championship.

Hard to have a voice for your position without representation.

Last edited:
I hope the OU team is not thinking about their seed. The Sooners better focus on the NDSU Bison. While the Bison pitcher (Jacquelyn Sertic) has a losing record and a 2.78 ERA, She has had some impressive outings against good teams.

• Ole Miss .. Pitched shutout in a 1-0 NDSU win
  • Arizona .. Allowed 2 runs in 2-1 loss
  • South Carolina .. Lost 2 games to the Gamecocks, both 1-0
  • Auburn .. Allowed 2 runs in 2-1 loss

NDSU has also played teams like Florida, Ohio State and Minnesota, and lost.

Jacquelyn Sertic has shown that she is at least capable of giving a good hitting lineup fits. Starting off today's game with a 2-0 lead over the Sooners certainly cannot hurt her confidence and determination.

I'm just saying, the Sooners need to play good softball. Jacquelyn Sertic and a 2-0 lead gives the Bison a chance at the upset.

Prediction: Sooners Win.

I've got a feeling other OU fans share your opinion. I know I do. How is a 50-8 team that won their conference regular season title and tournament championship a ten seed? Never mind that they won the national championship last year and return all but two players from that team.

The political games the NCAA plays makes me sick to my stomach sometimes!

We're not in SEC or PAC12!

Back