Softball

Final: Tulsa rallies for 2 runs in the top of the 7th to beat NDSU 2-1.

To advance to next weekend in Auburn, OU will have to win 4 games.

1. Beat Arkansas tonight
2. Beat NDSU on Sunday
3. Beat Tulsa twice (Sunday & Monday)

Tulsa only has to win one more game.

To advance to next weekend in Auburn, OU will have to win 4 games.

1. Beat Arkansas tonight
2. Beat NDSU on Sunday
3. Beat Tulsa twice (Sunday & Monday)

Tulsa only has to win one more game.

It's an uphill battle, for certain. But I think that OU can do it. Will they? I guess we'll see...

Oh, I agree, all the credit in the world to NDS. Their ss made a tremendous play in the 9th inning, running full tilt away from the ball to rob Mendes of a hit.

They didn't make errors, we did. The first one in the first inning did not cost us. The second one in the ninth did - cost us the game with an unearned run. We'd have still been in extra innings otherwise.

soonertraveler said:

When it gets down to the nitty-gritty, errors committed and unearned runs given up are the difference between winning and going home.
NDSU made zero errors against us today, we made 2. We gave up an unearned run that wound up beating us.

NDSU got generous against Tulsa in the last inning, and gave up an unearned run. They lost.

Hopefully, we can start playing like I know we're capable in the game against Arky.

Amazing that the defending champs are playing on ESPiN3 all games so far! SMDH!!!

It's an uphill battle, for certain. But I think that OU can do it. Will they? I guess we'll see...

Looking on the bright side, this gives OU softball fans more OU games to watch live at home in Norman, presuming OU wins.

If OU does come thru the losers bracket and wins the 4 games in a row, it could bode well for their possible success next week. Hopefully, the bats come alive against good pitching over the next 2 days.

Gotta second-guess Gasso choosing Lopez in a win or go home situation... Parker, belatedly, will relieve. Not a good situation to come into: bases loaded, nobody out.

These mental errors are costly. Leaving the base early to wipe out a base runner. Not a winning play.

I don't think the Sooners have had a lead-off batter reach base all day.

I don't see this team advancing from Norman. Don't know what has happened but they aren't handling pressure well.

Dang. Paige Parker is losing her control here in the bottom of the 3rd.

Walk .. Walk .. Wild Pitch = Runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Hope the coach's visit to the mound helps.

Back