Softball

Pitching? Paige couldn't find the strike zone, and it wasn't close. Some of Stevens' calls were close enough to question the umpire. Don't know what to make of Paige today.

I just don't think Chestnut is ready for high D-1 opponents. She's OK against weak opponents. Where is Brit?

Notice that our freshmen and Wodach can hit. They made a valiant effort to get back in it.

Pitching? Paige couldn't find the strike zone, and it wasn't close. Some of Stevens' calls were close enough to question the umpire. Don't know what to make of Paige today.

I just don't think Chestnut is ready for high D-1 opponents. She's OK against weak opponents. Where is Brit?

Notice that our freshmen and Wodach can hit. They made a valiant effort to get back in it.

Chestnut beat a ranked Fresno State team and held her own getting the win against a ranked UCLA team. Then OU comes home and she doesn't get to pitch. She is throwing better that Stevens. I guess they are saving Brittany for a year that she doesn't get to pitch because Mariah Lopez is the real deal. Of course, Finney was ranked the #11 player in the nation.

Paige has a hurt knee that must have been cranky tonight. They were crushing her pitches where they can't be caught tonight.

I am afraid this team will not sniff the WCWS. They will probably be on the road in the regionals and will definitely be on the road in the Supers if they make it.

I think that because of her knee, Paige has not had a chance to practice hard or get in good condition for the season and so isnt sharp. Kelsey slowly and unevenly gets better and she'll have to since Paige will take a good while to get better. Chestnut and Finney need to get much better in a hurry. Our pitching is behind our hitting by a large margin. Throw Paige in the swimming pool for a couple of hours a day for two weeks and she would be fine or at least far better than she is now.

I've no doubt that Paige will come around if she can recover completely from that knee injury. She is one of the best pitchers in softball; proved it last season as a freshman. If healthy, she will only get better.

Sooners up 4-0 in the middle of the 5th after a 4 run top of the 5th! Kelsey with a 1 hitter so far.

Sooners win 6-1 over DePaul! They have Cal State Fullerton in about 30 minutes.

That was a bit scary when Stevens walked two in one inning. But, that was the only run, and it came off of a walk, two wild pitches, and a double steal.

That was a bit scary when Stevens walked two in one inning. But, that was the only run, and it came off of a walk, two wild pitches, and a double steal.

I think she only walked one in that inning but got that runner to 3rd in a hurry after 2 wild pitches in a row. She was doing very well until that inning and Patty sent in Jayden after that. Kelsey only had 2 walks the whole game. Jayden must have had a walk when she came in.

Shay Knighten hit a walk-off two-run home run to beat Osorio and Alabama, 2-0.

Paige pitched a two-hit shutout.

Shay Knighten hit a walk-off two-run home run to beat Osorio and Alabama, 2-0.

Paige pitched a two-hit shutout.

It was a big win, Osorio struck out 13 including 12 in row at one point. It was a no hitter until Sydney hit the single to start the bottom of the 7th.

Paige pitched great. I still say we need to throw those freshmen more. They pitched well today in a combined win over a good Grand Canyon team 7-1.

Last night, Chestnut pitched well in relief of Parker against Fullerton. That weird sequence that got Gasso ejected in the 3rd for too many mound trips was part of the crazy 3rd last night. The team battled back but didn't get the win.

After the top of the first, Nebraska leads OU 2-0 due to a walk, hit by pitch, and wild pitch by Stevens. Paige already in.

OU ties the score in the bottom of the second with a leadoff double by Knighten, Clifton hit by pitch, and Pendley grounded to center between the shortstop's legs. 2-2. They gave Pendley a hit.

Last edited:
OU scored two in the bottom of the sixth to take a 4-2 lead going into the seventh. CLifton doubled, Aviu singled, Pendley sac fly, Miller single.

OU wins. Parker pitches seven innings of relief. Allowed two singles, both by Fowler. Struck out six, walked three. Two great days by Parker.

Last edited:
OU scored two in the bottom of the sixth to take a 4-2 lead going into the seventh. CLifton doubled, Aviu singled, Pendley sac fly, Miller single.

OU wins. Parker pitches seven innings of relief. Allowed two singles, both by Fowler. Struck out six, walked three. Two great days by Parker.

Great. Thanks, syb.

I didnt get to listen to the Alabama game but I'll bet that the Alabama pitcher was throwing a good rise ball. We dont hit a rise ball and cant learn to hit a rise ball(when it's well thrown). That must be a killer pitch.

Osorio had the rise ball working so well that she struck out eleven in a row extending through the fifth inning. She had 13 overall. But, OU actually put the ball in play in the sixth with pops and flies. Then, in the seventh, a single, a missed bunt that was popped up, and a home run did her in. Paige got 7.0 innings with 94 pitches. Osorio needed 102 pitches for 6.1 innings since strikeouts may involve some fouls as well. It just takes one swing on a rise ball pitcher when it doesn't fool you..

When a rise ball doesnt rise much it's pie on a platter. The Alabama pitcher 2-3 years ago in the championship game (I think)rise-balled us to death. We cant learn to lay off and cant hit when we swing. Qe must depend on the ball hanging.

When a rise ball doesnt rise much it's pie on a platter. The Alabama pitcher 2-3 years ago in the championship game (I think)rise-balled us to death. We cant learn to lay off and cant hit when we swing. Qe must depend on the ball hanging.

We have some great young players who are can bat and play defense. Hopefully, they will learn to deal with the rise ball, if they can't now.

As an aside, is Aivu going to break Chamberlain's home run record before she graduates (or whoever holds the record at that time?)

Back