Softball

I see that Hypocrite U swept (2 games) the whorns in Wacko over the weekend. Third game will be in Austin later in season. I think the key to winning Big 12 again, will be series against Hypocrites in Wacko, weekend after next. Hope our pitching is ready!

I see that Hypocrite U swept (2 games) the whorns in Wacko over the weekend. Third game will be in Austin later in season. I think the key to winning Big 12 again, will be series against Hypocrites in Wacko, weekend after next. Hope our pitching is ready!

I watched the second game. Baylor didn't win. Texas lost. Baylor scored a run on a strikeout when the catcher dropped the ball. She threw to the first baseman, who wasn't looking. The ball went down into the right field corner, and nobody went after it until the catcher yelled at them. By the time the rightfielder retrieved the ball, it was an inside-the-park home run, on a strikeout. This was the type of defense that Texas played the entire game. Baylor scored two in the bottom of the seventh for the win on errors.

6:30 Wednesday Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State in OKC It is being televised on FOX. Two different channels on Uverse in Dallas are carrying it: 751 and 648.

Baylor is playing a double-header against Louisiana-Lafayette in Waco. Baylor won the first, 2-0. The second is 4-3 Louisiana--Lafayette in the seventh due to a grand slam home run by Vincent. Louisiana-Lafayette is rated #4, #5, or with an rpi of #4. Baylor is #14 rpi. That's a final, 4-3, split.

Last edited:
That was a pretty good fifth inning. OU led 3-2 after four and a half. A two run shot by Knighten made it 5-2. A three-run shot to the opposite field by Self made it 8--2. A long, long drive to right made by Erin made it 10-2, seven runs in the fifth. Paige got the win, but was not as sharp as she has been.

That was a pretty good fifth inning. OU led 3-2 after four and a half. A two run shot by Knighten made it 5-2. A three-run shot to the opposite field by Self made it 8--2. A long, long drive to right made by Erin made it 10-2, seven runs in the fifth. Paige got the win, but was not as sharp as she has been.

Paige got quite sharper after Melissa made a visit to the mound! Finished pretty strong after lackluster beginning.

It seemed to me that when Paige put runners on base, she bore down and did alright, but still didnt strike batters out. Just got them to ground out without runs scoring. Last year she would have struck out those batters. It's still a matter of control-too many balls in the dirt, too many way overhead and too many walks.

I think she has quit the team. She hasn't been in the dugout the last few games. Don't know why.

That would be a huge loss. Whitney is a great catcher with a penchant for mowing down base stealers and picking runners off base.

Any of you insiders have more information?

She has quit the team. It's a personal matter within the team and they aren't saying. You may have noticed that before she quit that she wasn't in the batting lineup and that she would get replaced on defense after three or four innings. She got married last summer and I'm led to believe that it may have led to complications with her playing softball.

She has quit the team. It's a personal matter within the team and they aren't saying. You may have noticed that before she quit that she wasn't in the batting lineup and that she would get replaced on defense after three or four innings. She got married last summer and I'm led to believe that it may have led to complications with her playing softball.

That's sad.

I think she wasn't in batting lineup because her hitting has deteriorated the last couple of years. I know it's not against rules and some are successful but why wouldn't you wait a year and marry after your collegiate softball career was over. I hope she finishes her degree.

That would be a huge loss. Whitney is a great catcher with a penchant for mowing down base stealers and picking runners off base.

Any of you insiders have more information?

Yes! I don't think there was a better arm in the country. I'm pretty sure OU was #1 in fewest number of steals allowed and it pretty much was solely because of Whitney's arm.

Whitney is still on the roster. Usually, quitting the team results in immediate removal. I suspect that if Whitney is no longer with the team that she is still officially with the team. Since we have no back-up to Wodach, Whitney may be on leave unless needed.

Whitney is still on the roster. Usually, quitting the team results in immediate removal. I suspect that if Whitney is no longer with the team that she is still officially with the team. Since we have no back-up to Wodach, Whitney may be on leave unless needed.

Hope you're right, syb.

Back