Softball

I have asked James Hale to go to Gasso and find out what the situation with Whitney is. I think the evidence suggests something like this:

1. I think the use of Hatfield at C began with some experimentation last year.

2. I don't think that we would want to go to the World Series or the Super-Regionals with Hatfield at C.

3. Usually, people who leave the team are removed from the roster.

4. Whitney may, indeed, be experiencing some life changes due to her marriage.

5. If Whitney is kept on scholarship, she would be eligible to return to play in an emergency. The scholarship may help Whitney complete her education.

Hatfield would be used at catcher only in an emergency situation. I wouldn't doubt if Patti looked at some JUCO catchers seeing as how she didn't sign any in the latest recruiting class.

I heard the other day that Paris Townsend was the emergency backup catcher. I think Macey could do it also. I will never forget the year that Jessica Shults got sick in 2011 that OU put Katie Norris at catcher and made it through the regionals to the WCWS. She had to catch Keilani and her cropduster.

I heard the other day that Paris Townsend was the emergency backup catcher. I think Macey could do it also. I will never forget the year that Jessica Shults got sick in 2011 that OU put Katie Norris at catcher and made it through the regionals to the WCWS. She had to catch Keilani and her cropduster.

You might recall that the last game OU played was against Missouri and Dani Dobbs was the catcher.

At 6:30, Kansas will be at OU. It will be televised. It is Uverse 647 in Dallas. The most-commonly used recent lineup is:

LF Erin Miller 408 6 32
3B Sydney Romero 378 4 20
DP Shay Knighten 373 7 27
c Lea Wodach 414 6 15
2B Caleigh Clifton 388 0 17
RF Fale Aviu 342 6 25
1B Kady Self 353 2 16
CF Nicole Pendley 329 2 18
SS Kelsey Arnold 440 0 5

The team BA is 372. They have hit 37 home runs and have 59 doubles.

I've watched Knighten's two-run home run several times. The pitch was on the inside corner if the camera angle was right. Usually, that results in a foul pulled to left. It was almost like Shay used an inside out swing to hit the ball up the middle, and it just kept going and going and going.

Correction: Uverse 648 and 751 in Dallas. I think Saturday's game is on both channels as well.

Last edited:
Whitney is still on the team, as the roster indicates.

Are you talking about the Sooner Sports softball roster? Couldn't it be that they just haven't updated the roster? I recall Leslie Miller, Destiny Lookout, and Taylor Hodges being on the roster for a while after they left the team. I don't even recall an official statement about them leaving. Let's hope Whitney returns to the team.

Will Patty continue to let Stevens pitch at times, or do you think she is done with the experiment?

Are you talking about the Sooner Sports softball roster? Couldn't it be that they just haven't updated the roster? I recall Leslie Miller, Destiny Lookout, and Taylor Hodges being on the roster for a while after they left the team. I don't even recall an official statement about them leaving. Let's hope Whitney returns to the team.
Usually, they are quick to respond. But, in this case, it is confirmed.

Will Patty continue to let Stevens pitch at times, or do you think she is done with the experiment?
She seems to be committed to the work that Stevens has put in. She made the comment that it doesn't take long to find out when she doesn't have her control.

At 6:30, Kansas will be at OU. It will be televised. It is Uverse 647 in Dallas. The most-commonly used recent lineup is:

LF Erin Miller 408 6 32
3B Sydney Romero 378 4 20
DP Shay Knighten 373 7 27
c Lea Wodach 414 6 15
2B Caleigh Clifton 388 0 17
RF Fale Aviu 342 6 25
1B Kady Self 353 2 16
CF Nicole Pendley 329 2 18
SS Kelsey Arnold 440 0 5

The team BA is 372. They have hit 37 home runs and have 59 doubles.

I've watched Knighten's two-run home run several times. The pitch was on the inside corner if the camera angle was right. Usually, that results in a foul pulled to left. It was almost like Shay used an inside out swing to hit the ball up the middle, and it just kept going and going and going.

Correction: Uverse 648 and 751 in Dallas. I think Saturday's game is on both channels as well.

I'm very impressed with both Knighten and Fale Aviu. I believe both are stars in the making, as is Romero, and possibly Caleigh Clifton.

That walk-off homer that Erin Miller hit in the win over OSU may have been one of the longest fly balls I've ever seen in women's softball. I'm sure Chamberlain and possibly S. Pendley may have had a few harder-hit balls, but that Miller blast traveled a long, long way.

I'm very impressed with both Knighten and Fale Aviu. I believe both are stars in the making, as is Romero, and possibly Caleigh Clifton.

That walk-off homer that Erin Miller hit in the win over OSU may have been one of the longest fly balls I've ever seen in women's softball. I'm sure Chamberlain and possibly S. Pendley may have had a few harder-hit balls, but that Miller blast traveled a long, long way.

Knighten's home run was a line shot. I thought it was a double to the gap, but it just wouldn't drop.

Miller's home run was a no doubter. She got every bit of that one.

Knighten's home run was a line shot. I thought it was a double to the gap, but it just wouldn't drop.

Miller's home run was a no doubter. She got every bit of that one.

Yes, when Knighten hit that ball I was wondering if it would reach the wall or if the OSU player would get back fast enough to snag it in front of the wall. The ball was a rope and it never dropped until it cleared the wall. Amazing.

Yes, when Knighten hit that ball I was wondering if it would reach the wall or if the OSU player would get back fast enough to snag it in front of the wall. The ball was a rope and it never dropped until it cleared the wall. Amazing.

A ball that gets over the fence without ever attaining any height is hit hard. It should come down. It didn't.

I think the hardest hit ball that I ever saw that was not a home run was a simple single by Juan Gonzalez that probably never got thirty inches high. But, it carried all the way to the centerfielder, hitting only about six feet in front of him, and he was playing Gonzalez pretty deep. It was barely above knee high when it went by the pitcher.

Erin's home run was tall enough to bring rain.

We could be looking at a team that could become something special offensively. A lot of young players who should improve as the season goes on. Pitching is still a little spotty. they seem to be pushing Chestnut pretty hard. Don't know what kind of potential she has.

We could be looking at a team that could become something special offensively. A lot of young players who should improve as the season goes on. Pitching is still a little spotty. they seem to be pushing Chestnut pretty hard. Don't know what kind of potential she has.

Chestnut appears to throw hard, but I'm not sure she has the movement that some of our better pitchers have had. Then again, she's just a freshman and I doubt that Gasso would have recruited her and be using her so extensively if she didn't believe in her.

Getting back to my first point (Chestnut's speed), I get really aggravated that Fox Sports doesn't use a radar gun to show the speed of the pitches in their telecasts. I'm not a huge ESPN fan, but at least those guys try to provide their viewers as much information as possible.

OU beats Kansas courtesy of a walk off grand slam by Clifton. 5-2 was the final.

That was some frustrating game. We couldn't get a hit with runners on base. If you listened, the indicated that in the games that we have lost, we tend to leave double digit runners on base. We did it again tonight---until Caleigh hit her first home run. That has to be a big deal for a girl from Wayne.

Back