Softball

Tickled to get this W. Simunek threw 5.1 innings of 1 hit ball. We needed everything Lowary gave us tonight. Pukes out hit us 8-6. 6-8 hitters go 3-9, score 2 runs, have 2 RBi's and 2 extra base hits. Puke's Shippy is a tough out.

Nicole Mendes was the student-athlete that spoke at today's dedication of the Barry Switzer Center. She did a very good job. Castiglione, Stoops, Riley and Switzer also spoke.

Nicole Mendes was the student-athlete that spoke at today's dedication of the Barry Switzer Center. She did a very good job. Castiglione, Stoops, Riley and Switzer also spoke.

I know we all want to see Nicole get her mojo (and her stroke) back and be the kind of player she was as a freshman. At the very least, it sounds like she's not in anyone's doghouse. I don't believe she would have been asked to speak at the dedication if she were.

I know we all want to see Nicole get her mojo (and her stroke) back and be the kind of player she was as a freshman. At the very least, it sounds like she's not in anyone's doghouse. I don't believe she would have been asked to speak at the dedication if she were.

Not playing well but putting forth effort is not going to get any player in the dog house. She might exasperate fans who all think that every year every player is supposed to not only get better but be more productive. That is far from the case. Nicole is probably just in a funk and pressing instead of relaxing and letting the game come to her. A slump is just part of the game. They come and they go. Hers will go too.

So we are ranked #3, I think they said we #4 RPI, we lead in many statistical categories or are right near the top, yet the announcers said we were a projected 8 seed?

So we are ranked #3, I think they said we #4 RPI, we lead in many statistical categories or are right near the top, yet the announcers said we were a projected 8 seed?

Yes, makes no sense. I think ESPiN and Graham Hayes are trying to influence committee. RPI has always been our bugaboo yet we’re in top 4 and still barely make the top 8, per ESPiN and Hayes. It is so beneficial to ESPiN for as many sec teams to go as far as they can, not only in softball, but all sports.

Yes, makes no sense. I think ESPiN and Graham Hayes are trying to influence committee. RPI has always been our bugaboo yet we’re in top 4 and still barely make the top 8, per ESPiN and Hayes. It is so beneficial to ESPiN for as many sec teams to go as far as they can, not only in softball, but all sports.

I'm glad I turned off the sound and listened to the Sooner Sports Network broadcast instead.

I may have misunderstood the announcers on TV, but I thought they were referring to the fact that the top-8 seeds get to host a super-regional (presuming they win the regional). I thought they were saying OU was a projected top-8 seed, not the Number 8 seed.

At least, that is the way I interpreted their chatter. Trying to say something interesting or meaningful between each and every pitch is a challenge, but those TV announcers keep on talking. To do that job well, it has to be tougher than it looks. Calling a ballgame that was not competitive makes that job even tougher.

Most of the time, I also prefer to listen to the homer OU announcer on the radio.

I may have misunderstood the announcers on TV, but I thought they were referring to the fact that the top-8 seeds get to host a super-regional (presuming they win the regional). I thought they were saying OU was a projected top-8 seed, not the Number 8 seed.

At least, that is the way I interpreted their chatter. Trying to say something interesting or meaningful between each and every pitch is a challenge, but those TV announcers keep on talking. To do that job well, it has to be tougher than it looks. Calling a ballgame that was not competitive makes that job even tougher.

Most of the time, I also prefer to listen to the homer OU announcer on the radio.

They had a graphic with the top eight seeds by rank and Oklahoma was #8.

Since the NCAA has no such graphic at this time, where did they get it from?

FWIW, here is a "2018 Projected WCWS Softball Bracket" dated May, 1, 2018 ...

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/softball/bracketology

OU is the #3 seed on this guesstimate.

Here is a breakdown of the field: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16074

Interesting brackets. OU gets Missouri as the #2 seed in the regionals. If we win the regionals most likely to host Auburn-OSU winner in the Super-regional. Then if things go according to seeds Georgia in the first round of the WCWS.

I would take that bracket and be pleased although I would rather see Oregon as the #1 seed and UCLA the #2 seed instead of the reverse as they have it.

I would prefer to not play Oregon just once but instead a best 2 of 3. I like our chances better that way.

I'm glad I turned off the sound and listened to the Sooner Sports Network broadcast instead.

Actually, I didn’t pay attention what they were saying about this but graphic popped up on the screen which said was Graham Hayes’ projections and we were eighth, by his account.

Since the NCAA has no such graphic at this time, where did they get it from?

Graham Hayes projections. Just like they have minions project men’s and women’s basketball seeding for the tourney. Nothing more, nothing less.

Interesting brackets. OU gets Missouri as the #2 seed in the regionals. If we win the regionals most likely to host Auburn-OSU winner in the Super-regional. Then if things go according to seeds Georgia in the first round of the WCWS.

I would take that bracket and be pleased although I would rather see Oregon as the #1 seed and UCLA the #2 seed instead of the reverse as they have it.

I would prefer to not play Oregon just once but instead a best 2 of 3. I like our chances better that way.

MIZ...ZOU! should not even be in the tourney! At the bottom of the sec and barely over .500 for the season. KU could join sec and become automatic tourney qualifier, with the terrible team they have.

Guys, I think you're failing to recognize that Hays is actually being critical of the committee in projecting what he believes the seeding will ultimately be.

Read carefully his comments about how the committee loves top 10 and top 25 wins. And of course he is aware of how much that favors the SEC, since the committee itself is the one responsible for determining those top 10 and top 25 teams.

He also correctly points out that the committee will likely discount the eye test, as well as OU's sparkling record and the fact that the Sooners are basically the same team that won the last two titles (only better).

Knowing the committee's penchant for getting as many SEC teams into the top eight as possible, I'm afraid Hays is probably right. I think we should probably prepare ourselves to be disappointed come Selection Sunday.

Back