Softball

Apparently, the Cyclones losing by three to OU was an event of great magnitude in the history of ISU softball. Tonight's announcers simply couldn't say enough about ISU, even as OU was wrapping up the win and moving on to the tourney championship game.

Sure, sure, one might point out that a team falling behind by four runs in the first only to bounce right back to tie the game and eventually score nine unanswered runs before a Cyclone batter went deep with a runner on in the ninth is pretty impressive. And the fact ISU's four-run first was seriously aided and abetted by OU's poor play in the field might be considered, in some circles, worthy of mention when discussing this game.

But no, this was a three-run loss for the ages, a defeat that all but assures the Cyclones will be a force to be reckoned with next season and beyond.

Last edited:
Apparently, the Cyclones losing by three to OU is an event of great magnitude in the history of ISU softball. Tonight's announcers simply couldn't say enough about it, even as OU was wrapping up the win and moving on to the tourney championship game.

Sure, sure, one might point out that a team falling behind by four runs in the first only to bounce right back to tie the game and eventually score nine unanswered runs before a Cyclone batter went deep with a runner on in the ninth. And the fact ISU's four-run first was seriosly aided and abetted by OU's poor play in the field might be considered, in some circles, worthy of mention when discussing this game.

But no. This was a three-run loss for the ages, an defeat that all but assures the Cyclones will be a force to be reckoned with next season and beyond.

Lol! True!

South Carolina plays Florida for the SEC Conference Tournament Championship. It would definitely help the Sooners RPI for the gamecocks to get a win. Might help us secure the #3 spot in the seedings.

Also ASU and UCLA have split the first two games of their series. I would like to see the sun devils win that series.

Tulsa leads USF 4 - 1 in the bottom of the 6th in the championship game.

The person at Tulsa who picked out uniform tops that snap in the front needs to turn that responsibility over to someone else in the future.

Tulsa leads USF 4 - 1 in the bottom of the 6th in the championship game.

The person at Tulsa who picked out uniform tops that snap in the front needs to turn that responsibility over to someone else in the future.

:ez-roll:

Pretty sure Tulsa just punched their ticket to a number 3 seed in Norman.

FL State just hit a two out, 3 run walk off homer to burst Pitt’s bubble!

FSU scores 4 in bottom on 7th on a 3 run walk off homerun over Pittsburgh to win the ACC tourney. Hopefully that will insure one less SEC team gets to host a regional.

Very pleased with the win over Baylor. But was Patty sending us a message when she did not go with Paige Parker in the 7th after the way that Baylor hit Lowary in the 6th?

South Carolina plays Florida for the SEC Conference Tournament Championship. It would definitely help the Sooners RPI for the gamecocks to get a win. Might help us secure the #3 spot in the seedings.

Also ASU and UCLA have split the first two games of their series. I would like to see the sun devils win that series.

Well, Florida leads 3 - 1 in the top of the 6th.

One odd thing I noticed today, when I drove my mom up from Lawton to see OU play, was that no one was at the gate to take our tickets. If we'd known, I guess we could have just walked up without pre-paying for our tickets.

I was disappointed, though, that no one bothered to print a game program for the tournament. That's really doing it "on the cheap."

I'm getting ready to watch the OU-BU replay in a few minutes. It'll be interesting to see if the TV people fawn over BU's near-miss against us. I'm just glad they and ISU were limited to "moral victories" against OU this weekend.

Interesting things about the stadium in OKC, it has not been updated for the NCAA dugout netting rules that are required in 2018. I bet there was 40+ balls that were lined into the 3rd base dugout in the OU-ISU game on Friday night.

Not a bad draw. 4th seed. Play Boston U first and we should want revenge for earlier loss. Also Tulsa and Missouri. I like it.

Interesting things about the stadium in OKC, it has not been updated for the NCAA dugout netting rules that are required in 2018. I bet there was 40+ balls that were lined into the 3rd base dugout in the OU-ISU game on Friday night.

I read somewhere that the stadium is going to get a multimillion-dollar upgrade. The article I read didn't say what the exact upgrades were going to be.

Only thing I do not like is being on the Oregon side of the bracket for the WCWS. If the seeds win out we would play #5 Washington in he first round of the WCWS and #1 Oregon in the second round. But really not that important as you have to beat them all at the WCWS.

I have to like #13 Arkansas for the Super-regional the were ranked #19 in the last RPI. I think #7 Georgia and #13 Arkansas were over seeded. #18 Baylor got screwed should have gotten a 16 seed but per last weeks RPI they got bumped by Arkansas who was ranked #19 in the RPI last week but beat #14 Kentucky and #10 Georgia in the SEC tourney. The Bears loss to Tech killed them.

Arkansas has a tough regional with OSU and Wichita State. Sooners could easily play the pukes in the super-regionals.

Last edited:
I think we got as much of a cakewalk as we could get.

We lost to Boston. So, we won't be looking past them in the first game, unlike last year. Tulsa ---Watson can be great---or lousy--this year. But, I think they take Mizzou. That means Lowary and Conrad won't get a chance to pitch against the Tigers.

Arkansas? OSU could take them if they don't error themselves out of a win. OSU hits and fields better than Arkansas.

Back