Softball

If they build a new facility with a seating capacity of 3,000 it would be the second largest facility in the country behind only Alabama with a capacity of 3,940. Louisiana University (Lafayette) seat 2,790, Michigan seats 2,640 and LSU 2,489 plus 1,000 berm seating. If the facility was designed to seat 3,000 without outfield seating then it could easily be expanded to seat 4,000 with temporary seats like what they have at MHF. Or design is with a berm for additional casual seating.

reportedly 3000 fixed seats with more possible for regionals

If they build a new facility with a seating capacity of 3,000 it would be the second largest facility in the country behind only Alabama with a capacity of 3,940. Louisiana University (Lafayette) seat 2,790, Michigan seats 2,640 and LSU 2,489 plus 1,000 berm seating. If the facility was designed to seat 3,000 without outfield seating then it could easily be expanded to seat 4,000 with temporary seats like what they have at MHF. Or design is with a berm for additional casual seating.

3k seats planed

OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma took a step forward in making plans to construct a new softball stadium after gaining approval from the OU Board of Regents on Tuesday morning.

The regents approved a revised design phase plans and updated programming for the $22 million stadium project, which could be constructed on the vacant land at the northwest corner of South Jenkins Avenue and Imhoff Road.

"We have spent a considerable amount of effort reviewing this project and working to achieve the best possible result," OU Vice President and Athletics Director Joe Castiglione said in a statement. "We determined that this was the best route to take in developing a facility that not only rates among the best in the nation, but fits with our other athletics sites located in the same vicinity.

Link

Strange what is going on with this thread. The last post that I can see is a double post by Gwydion on 6/15. If I post "reply," I can see other posts to which I could respond. But, they only show up if I post "reply."

Hey Spock,

We made a difference! Did you notice the seats in the new stadium diagrams are not red instead of green?

Hey Spock,

We made a difference! Did you notice the seats in the new stadium diagrams are not red instead of green?

I am hopeful that the red will stay. But with the present plan being conceptual who knows what the architect proposes and OU accepts. But a viewing of the outfield fence at Marita Hynes should tell you all you need to know. You should learn that when you do something right there is no need to change it.

Strange what is going on with this thread. The last post that I can see is a double post by Gwydion on 6/15. If I post "reply," I can see other posts to which I could respond. But, they only show up if I post "reply."

I can now view page 129, but could only view up to 128 yesterday

I can now view page 129, but could only view up to 128 yesterday

Same with me. Now, it is showing all posts.

Had anyone noticed that if you tried to post, the "disappearing posts" were available if you scrolled down past the "preview post?"

Texas will get better quickly IMHO as I personally think he is the second or third best coach in the country behind Patty and perhaps Walton. Oregon was absolutely nothing until his arrival.

For certain the whorns will strengthen the Big 12 as a conference soon and hopefully aid our seeding in the NCAA tourney in the not too distant future.

I expect improvement because he is better at recruiting California. I don't think he is quite Walton--Gasso quality. I actually thought the Arkansas coach had a better future. But, he may get more immediate results.

To each his own opinion. Only time will tell and that is probably 5 years down the road.

Pitcher Paige Parker’s fierce presence in the circle was only equaled by her ambassadorship away from the softball field for Oklahoma as well as her sport.

On Tuesday, the senior was named the Big 12’s Sportsperson of the Year, joining male recipient Dalton Risner, a Kansas State football player.

She is the 11th OU student-athlete to be earn the award, which leads the Big 12. Baylor and Texas are next on the list with five each since the award originated in the 2000-01 academic year.

Link

About White: He's a great recruiter and a good coach, and his mere presence will move the Big 12 closer to a semblance of parity with the SEC and Pac (I say "semblance" because we can never be as strong overall with only seven teams to those other leagues' 12-13).

As for White and UT overtaking Patty/OU, it won't happen. Gasso is an even better recruiter than White and she's unsurpassed as a motivator and on-field strategist. White's team will immediately start dominating the KUs, Techs and ISUs of the league, but the Horns will continue to be OU's orange-haired stepchild. Yeah, they'll win one game of a three-game series and occasionally even pull off a series win. But Patty's Sooners will remain the standard for which every other team in this league aspires.

I'm glad our Texas friends are so happy about White coming onboard. It's good for the league, and good for the OU/UT rivalry when fans of both schools are so excited about the future.

Have seen rumor on another board the M. Olmos and V. Taukeiaho are transferring. Not a surprise to me. Wish them success at their new schools.

Back