#17 Zaida Puni, Inf, Long Beach, CA
#5 Nicole May, P/3B Pleasanton,, CA
#2 Tiare Jennings, SS, Turlock, CA
#1 Jayda Coleman, M Inf/OF The Colony, TX

Puni fell due to injury from #2

I don't know what happened to
Destinee Noury, MIF Chula Vista, CA who was #16
Paige Knight P/3B Owasso, OK who was #26

Having three of the top five is pretty strong recruiting.

Kitella posted these on SoonerTimes.

Last edited:
This will qualify as a way too early comment and yes it was against way inferior competition but really impressed with Saile the transfer pitcher and Brooke Vestal.
Game one yesterday Saile pitches 6 innings. That's 18 outs. 15 were K
Vestal didn't get as many innings but still a high percentage of K's.

Of all the impressive performances over the last two days, I'm most encouraged by that of Elam. We already know that she will (1) be our catcher, (2)we've seen her enough to know that she will not be a defensive liability, and(3)she'll be in every game as much as any player on the roster and is hitting like an all-star.

As an OU fan, I feel confident that:

• Lincoln Riley will have good quarterbacks
  • Patty Gasso will have good pitchers

OU 10 North Central Texas College 0
after three and a half. That may be the end of the first game on a run-rule? They just said they were playing 10 innings. I assumed two five-inning games.

I don't think they got a hit against Saile and Parker Conrad. Didn't see her last week. Did we?

Alo and Aviu hit HRs.

Nope, OU scored two more in the fourth. Now, 12-0. Triple from Rogers, single by Flores. Flores seems to be hitting JC pitching this Fall.

OU scored again in the fifth making it 13-0. Then, they took a break. Brooke Vestal to pitch the next inning (sixth or first of a second game?).

OU scores six in the sixth, now 19-0. I guess that answers that question. Looks like one ten-inning game.

Saile pitched three
Conrad, two
Vestal one, so far.

Does anyone know the status on Shay? I noticed she hasn’t played in any games so far this fall. Thanks.

I have seen comments that she underwent knee surgery to repair the injuries that she nursed all last year.

Huge break for OU. Giselle Juarez, a transfer from Arizona State, is coming to OU. Strikeout artist who had more than 300 Ks this year as their ace. Tall, lefthander. Two years left.

This could be the addition that will allow the Sooners to stay at the very top of the game in pursuit of another natty for Patty.

Juarez, Lopez, Saile, Vestal and Mendez is a very strong circle. We know we are going to be strong offensively and we are expected to be strong defensively. Juarez may have been the missing link.

Huge break for OU. Giselle Juarez, a transfer from Arizona State, is coming to OU. Strikeout artist who had more than 300 Ks this year as their ace. Tall, lefthander. Two years left.

Great news, thanks.

ASU has two other girls that have announced they are transferring and have not announced a new school. One is their catcher Terra McGowan and another is an infielder Danielle Gibson who hit .343 with 12 doubles and 12 home runs playing in the powerful Pac 12.

We know Patty could use another catcher with only Elam and a walk-on Faulkner on the roster. Also Gibson is a big stick and you can always use a power/average hitting infielder.

That is 3 quality transfers from the Sun Devils this year after they made the WCWS this year. Strange! Their coach Trisha Ford was the Pac 12 COY in 2018.

https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6264463-catcher-terra-mcgowan-transfers-from-arizona-state

https://www.flosoftball.com/article...ielle-gibson-will-transfer-from-arizona-state

There was a post on robocoach that said that 11 players had transferred from ASU. I was interrupted while checking their rosters for the past couple of years. Don't yet know.

Back