Softball

what's the score....can't find it anywhere....

found it OU 2, Pokettes 0

middle of 5th

Last edited:
Final: 3-0, one hitter.

I don't think they should play tomorrow. There is nothing that either team stands to gain that is worth what a loss might do for the other team. OSU looked good today, which should help.

Tech's win over Kentucky should help the conference.

If you have Instagram you can rewatch the live video of Senior night. As far as tomorrow what do you do about the people who bought tickets if they didn’t play? I don’t know how that works.

I imagine you could return the money but 1) people have made plans to see the games and, more importantly, it is not about whether a team or the teams can be affected by the outcome...it is about the sport being played. Add to that it could affect individual and team stats BUT most importantly, it is about completing a schedule to which you committed. Syb, you are the last person I would have expected to make that comment. Not being hateful, I just seriously do not believe a fan of a sport would make the comment.

That little hissy fit oswho's Bayliss threw at the plate was embarrassing. Here's hoping the umpires remember her behavior at a key point in one of tomorrow's games.

I imagine you could return the money but 1) people have made plans to see the games and, more importantly, it is not about whether a team or the teams can be affected by the outcome...it is about the sport being played. Add to that it could affect individual and team stats BUT most importantly, it is about completing a schedule to which you committed. Syb, you are the last person I would have expected to make that comment. Not being hateful, I just seriously do not believe a fan of a sport would make the comment.
Don't trust the rpi as being in the best interests of the sport.

Agree. Most importantly, the student athletes are there to play the game. They work and train year-round to play the games. The games are the fun part, for both teams; for all of the student-athletes.

There is no doubt that Sydney Romero wants the opportunity for more at bats. She is a competitor. Mariah Lopez and Shannon Saile certainly want more opportunities to get out there and pitch. They are competitors. Jocelyn Alo would love more chances to clobber that ball. She is a competitor.

Goodness. The young women love to play softball. Win or lose, they love the game. As a fan, I am thankful that today is a beautiful day weather-wise, and the Sooners get to play. Beat OSU!

:OU-logo:

I read in a comment section that the first game will be on youtube if anyone wants to watch.

That was a satisfying win, though I thought the home-plate umpire was erratic at best.

Looks like the second game will be on the Fox alternate channel like Friday night for us in Texas because of the Rangers game.

Where's this game airing? I'm having no luck finding it.

I had to search. It's supposed to be on channel 315 on Cox Cable in Tulsa but the Kansas City/Detioit baseball game is going into extra innings.

On the Fox Sports channels here in NYC, we've got Baylor out the wazoo. Baylor-Texas softball (yeah, that's a better game than OU-oswho--two top 15 teams), Baylor competing in the NCATA (I have no idea what that is), and the Baylor spring football game.

No sign of the softball game. And the link on soonersports.com isn't correct either. Very frustrating.

Don't trust the rpi as being in the best interests of the sport.

I understand but just to not play a game/games is not in the best interests nor does it promote sportsmanship, the sport, etc.

I mean nothing is perfect in sports re rankings etc., but not playing a game is really just wrong imo.

Plus, how about others who are not being treated fairly because of the RPI (based on your belief about the RPI), how would this be fair to them?

Oh well, we aren't going to change the schedule here. I was just shocked at your remark.

Anyway, thanks for responding with your opinion for the comment.

I had to search. It's supposed to be on channel 315 on Cox Cable in Tulsa but the Kansas City/Detioit baseball game is going into extra innings.

I haven't had cox or satellite in years, but thought it was supposed to be on Cox FSN. Is that no longer channel 37?

Back