Softball

OU wins 21-2 with 4 HRs and 23 HRs for the tournament. Lyons had 6 HRs, Jennings 5, Hansen 4 and Alo 4 in the 4 games.

They mentioned 2 or 3 players who didn't travel to El Paso. They didn't mention injuries. I wondered if they just wanted to see all of the new players this week.

I counted 5 who didn’t play, Saile, Green, Pogue, Knight and Puni. I know Plank mentioned Green, Saile and Puni had minor injuries and should be back next week. Not sure about Knight and Pogue. He didn’t say what the injuries were.

I counted 5 who didn’t play, Saile, Green, Pogue, Knight and Puni. I know Plank mentioned Green, Saile and Puni had minor injuries and should be back next week. Not sure about Knight and Pogue. He didn’t say what the injuries were.

Awesome. Thank you!

Green has a leg injury and can’t run full speed on the bases or play in the field presently.

Green has, indeed, been hobbled by a leg injury, but she's played in almost every game since not traveling with the team on opening weekend.

The nice thing is they have plenty of players to pinch run for her. There are so many talented young players on this team that I feel kind of sorry for anyone who has to play us. Jennings, Coleman and May are all definitely as advertised and Donihoo looks like a different player. I think they all lived in the weight room before the season started. Plank said Alo lost 20 lbs.

What a fun start to the season it's been. Such a talented team and Alo is on an absolute tear. Today's first game was a nail-biter, but the Sooners more than made up for that in the second game.

I have 1 ticket available for both Saturday and Sunday Mar 20 and Mar 21. List price/cost is $20 per ticket. Will sell both for a best offer. Tickets are a will call. Email: maenguy1@gmail.com

Almost guarantees her, barring injury, she breaks Lauren Chamberlan's career home run record of 95. Alo presently has 73 home runs and will likely play 40+ more games this year and about 60 next year.

Were she to maintain her average for her career of .437 home runs per game she would be good for 44 more home runs giving her a total of 117 for her career. Of course Alo will have played 5 seasons and Lauren only 4.

I haven't watched that much international softball and it's probably a petty objection, but Mexico's a large and populous nation. Surely it could field a team of Mexican citizens without resorting to international players of Mexican ancestry.

That said, the Sooner women are definitely taking care of business tonight.

True. But this is also their Olympic team and using international players of Mexican ancestry provides them the most competitive team available on the Olympic stage while complying with Olympic eligibility rules. OU's Nicole Mendes who started in right field for the Sooners is also on the team and will join them once she finishes the semester.

True. But this is also their Olympic team and using international players of Mexican ancestry provides them the most competitive team available on the Olympic stage while complying with Olympic eligibility rules.

I think the use of non-citizen players in the Olympics is a questionable practice, too. If a player isn't a citizen of a country, they shouldn't be able to compete for that national team -- at any level, including the Olympics.

Last edited:
Back