Softball

Over the years, James Hale has always makes me wonder. Juarez's injury was a torn bicep on her pitching arm. If it was a Tommy John surgery that would be totally new. That is a total reconstruction of the ulnar ligament in the elbow that would be replaced by a tendon from the leg. She would not be back so quick. The Fall would be out of the question. As for Rylie Boone, she strained her PCL which is the big ligament in the knee. She never had surgery and Patty expected he back late in the season last year. Usually, it is the ACL. She will be good to go next year, however, I was stunned by James article. He called Rylie, the best defensive CF in OU softball history. I think she is going to be a great player (speed to burn) but I think she has to earn it. First, I think Jaden Coleman will take the position next year. Second, I don't know how you can make that claim after she has played only three games. Erin Evans, Kristen Vesely, Destinee Martinez, and Nicole Pendley say hello on that comment.

You talk about a season to be excited about. Next year, is going to be crazy with the incoming talent and everybody back. I have another interesting comment, I think Lauren will lose her Home Run Record to Jocelyn Alo. This will happen because of the 7 home runs that she hit in the COVID year. She has 53 home runs with two years to play. She is 42 away.

I didn't realize Hale posted for Brainiacs. If I had known that, I wouldn't have copied what was posted - except to make fun of the grammar! I thought I remember it was bicep surgery, too. I'm glad I didn't dream it!

I didn't realize Hale posted for Brainiacs. If I had known that, I wouldn't have copied what was posted - except to make fun of the grammar! I thought I remember it was bicep surgery, too. I'm glad I didn't dream it!

That is only a recent move. One of James' strategies for staying employed is to stay ahead of the game by making periodic strategic moves.

Last edited:
Is that a nice way of saying that he quits before they fire him? ;)

Perhaps. James has a big time rep but there is a multitude of people that consider him all hype and little fact. Personally I think about half of what he says can be believed.

James is probably much better than perceived by Jim Traber but far from being a top sports guru in my humble opinion.

I asked this question elsewhere and so far either no one knows or cares- has there been any news about a softball season- as of today there is no schedule for either softball or baseball posted on SoonerSports.com. Hopefully there will be a season and at some point fans allowed in.

I asked this question elsewhere and so far either no one knows or cares- has there been any news about a softball season- as of today there is no schedule for either softball or baseball posted on SoonerSports.com. Hopefully there will be a season and at some point fans allowed in.

I just called cause I deferred my unused tickets from last year to this year and wanted to know what is the plan for '21. They are looking at 25% capacity. An email will be sent to season ticket holders to see who wants to opt out. After that I don't know if it will be first come first served or based on donor points.

That's good timing. If someone calls me I will be sure and remind about the extra cizzash I just ponied up, even though my donation for this year was deferred to next. I've been vaxxed and by the time softball starts hopefully my wife will too. Let me in Joe C!!!

Hale before was the only one that covered womens basketball recruiting. He would interview coaches and recruits on the radio. Then put it on ouinsider.com. He is a liberal in thought. I haven't heard anything since he left ouinsider.

When does the season start? Soonersports.com still has last season's schedule up.

The baseball season was released last week (set to start Feb 19th), and reports are the softball season will be released "soon".

I am missing one week in March.

2/12/2021 Abilene Christian Abilene
2/13/2021 UTEP Abilene
2/13/2021 Utah Valley Abilene
2/14/2021 Tarleton Abilene
2/19/2021 UTSA Huntsville
2/19/2021 Sam Houston State Huntsville
2/26/2021 New Mexico Phoenix
2/26/2021 Arizona State Phoenix
2/27/2021 New Mexico Phoenix
2/27/2021 Grand Canyon Phoenix
2/28/2021 Portland State Phoenix
3/5/2021 Sam Houston State Norman
3/6/2021 Louisiana Monroe Norman
3/6/2021 Missouri Norman
3/7/2021 Bracket Play Norman
3/7/2021 Bracket Play Norman
3/11/2021 Brigham Young Norman
3/11/2021 Brigham Young Norman
3/12/2021 Houston Norman
3/13/2021 Liberty OKC
3/14/2021 Liberty Norman
3/26/2021 Iowa State Ames
3/27/2021 Iowa State Ames
3/28/2021 Iowa State Ames
4/1/2021 Kansas Norman
4/2/2021 Kansas Norman
4/3/2021 Kansas Norman
4/9/2021 Baylor Waco
4/10/2021 Baylor Waco
4/11/2021 Baylor Waco
4/16/2021 Texas Norman
4/17/2021 Texas Norman
4/18/2021 Texas Norman
4/23/2021 Texas Tech Norman
4/24/2021 Texas Tech Norman
4/25/2021 Texas Tech Norman
4/28/2021 North Texas Denton
4/30/2021 Tennessee Chattanooga Chattanooga
4/30/2021 Tennessee Chattanooga Chattanooga
5/1/2021 Tennessee Chattanooga Chattanooga
5/7/2021 Oklahoma State Stillwater
5/8/2021 Oklahoma State Stillwater
5/9/2021 Oklahoma State Stillwater
5/12/2021 Big 12 Tourney OKC
5/13/2021 Big 12 Tourney OKC

Pretty wild that the schedule was released 2 days before the first game. Oh well. Let's play ball!

Sooners break the NCAA record for most home runs in a game, Tiara Jennings and Grace Lyons both had 3 and won 29-0 which I think also breaks NCAA record for runs scored

Back