Softball

Correction, OU scored in the top of the fifth, Ole Miss coming to bat in the bottom of the 5th. 2 LOB, hope that they do not come back to haunt us...

Thanks, just have stats page up. Don't know why I thought we were batting in the bottom of the innings.

Aviu leads off top of 7th with a single. Self singles to left, runners at 1st and 2nd!

Wodach sac bunt advances runners to 2nd and 3rd.

Arnold sac fly to CF, RBI. 2-0 OU leads!

Erin Miller RBI single scores Sefl, OU up 3-0!

Clifton HBP, Miller to 2nd... I wonder if Paige has gone to the bullpen to keep herself warm yet? :)

The PBP apparently was ALL MESSED UP. Clifton NOT HBP, Miller caught stealing second for the third out. Anyway, we lead 3-0 going to the bottom of the inning...

Last edited:
Lampkin flied out, next batter walked, pinch runner for her; next batter whiffed, one out to go. Becker singled, runners at 1st and 2nd tying run at the plate.

Syrett pops up to end the game! Sooners win 3-0..

ON to the Super Regionals!

Well. That was fun. Caleigh lost her 31 game streak when they disallowed her being hit by a pitch.

Erin had not been hitting with runners on base (only one hit in the regionals prior to the last two at bats. But, she was a senior on those last two at bats. Both rallies started the same way: single by Aviu, single (or fielder's choice on a bunt that they tried to get a force on) by Self. The first time, Wodach didn't get the bunt down, and they made it to second and third on a groundout by Arnold. On the second, she got the bunt down, and Arnold got a Sac Fly before Erin singled in a run.

Twenty-five straight games.

Tennessee is the first seeded team to go down, losing to Arizona. Kentucky is behind Utah, 5-3, in the seventh. Kentucky just lost. They are the second seed to go out. A&M leads La-Lafayette, 7-6, in the fifth. If A&M wins, they'll play again.

Well. That was fun. Caleigh lost her 31 game streak when they disallowed her being hit by a pitch.

Erin had not been hitting with runners on base (only one hit in the regionals prior to the last two at bats. But, she was a senior on those last two at bats. Both rallies started the same way: single by Aviu, single (or fielder's choice on a bunt that they tried to get a force on) by Self. The first time, Wodach didn't get the bunt down, and they made it to second and third on a groundout by Arnold. On the second, she got the bunt down, and Arnold got a Sac Fly before Erin singled in a run.

Twenty-five straight games.

Tennessee is the first seeded team to go down, losing to Arizona. Kentucky is behind Utah, 5-3, in the seventh. Kentucky just lost. They are the second seed to go out. A&M leads La-Lafayette, 7-6, in the fifth. If A&M wins, they'll play again.

Who would we rather play, A&M or La-La?

I'd rather play A&M. We can destroy their pitching. Lafayette can beat you a lot of different ways.

Everything is decided except Baylor (2-1) vs Oregon (2-0), and the Louisiana-Lafayette-A&M matchups. A&M leads 8-6 after six.

This was Paige's best game of the regionals. Tell me why two channels of espin carried a&m vs la.l a lacross game and no other softball? espin 3 may have carried the game but try as I might I couldnt get it. I'm plenty mad. Except for Shay our freshmen have cooled off. Playoff nerves maybe? Our defense has been terrific but the opposition's defense hasnt been so good which has help us a bunch. Please tell Patty not to tell Erin to try and steal second. Three times she has tried and three times has been thrown out. Erin doesnt get a good jump and isnt that fast.

Lafayette hit a double and a home run in the top of the seventh to tie it, 8-8.

Opinions from softball gurus on the calls by the home plate umpire in the Texas A&M/ULL game?

Do they ever redraw the batter's box lines in games? Is it legal or illegal to do so?

In baseball, I have seen them re-chalk lines that had become blurred.

The Big 12 only has 1 team remaining in the final 16. It appears the SEC still has 6 teams alive.

Back